Computers & Electronics

Lenovo X1 Carbon Battery Port

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 4:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
11825 posts
3480 upvotes
Ontario

Lenovo X1 Carbon Battery Port

Hey Guys,

One of the pins in the battery port is broke and was wondering if anybody knows where I could source this part & then I could get it soldered on?

its for a Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd Gen.

Thanks
Images
  • thumbnail_IMG_9792.png
  • thumbnail_IMG_9793.png
  • thumbnail_IMG_9794.png
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4102 posts
1243 upvotes
It's probably on Aliexpress somewhere.. but I couldnt find it doing a quick search. Just need the right key words . Alternatively is buy a broken for parts motherboard off ebay and see if any microsoldering people can successfully retrieve the connector without damaging it and place it on your board.

This might be a question for our resident microsoldering guru @XtremeModder
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11269 posts
2315 upvotes
Durham Region
sickcars wrote: Hey Guys,

One of the pins in the battery port is broke and was wondering if anybody knows where I could source this part & then I could get it soldered on?

its for a Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd Gen.

Thanks
I could easily solder a new one on for you. I just checked my supplier however they don't carry Lenovo parts. If you can find a replacement and want me to do it send me a dm. Will give you a good price.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
11825 posts
3480 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks,

Just need to find the part if possible which I think it will be hard. Do you have any other sources you could check?
Thanks
XtremeModder wrote: I could easily solder a new one on for you. I just checked my supplier however they don't carry Lenovo parts. If you can find a replacement and want me to do it send me a dm. Will give you a good price.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11269 posts
2315 upvotes
Durham Region
sickcars wrote: Thanks,

Just need to find the part if possible which I think it will be hard. Do you have any other sources you could check?
Thanks
Send me a pm, I could always check boards I have around here to see if I have something similar bit I don't believe I do. I'll check around online.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11269 posts
2315 upvotes
Durham Region
coilz wrote: It's probably on Aliexpress somewhere.. but I couldnt find it doing a quick search. Just need the right key words . Alternatively is buy a broken for parts motherboard off ebay and see if any microsoldering people can successfully retrieve the connector without damaging it and place it on your board.

This might be a question for our resident microsoldering guru @XtremeModder
Thanks for the callout @coilz

Top