None
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11514 posts
1487 upvotes
GVR

Lenses from Canon eStore?

I am looking to pick up the Canon 16-35mm F4L IS lens and it is the same price at henrys and canon estore. The estore has cash back, so could be an extra ~$35 back from GCR.

Has anyone bought from the eStore before? What are your options in terms of exchanging if the lens has sharpness problems, etc.? Canon lenses are generally much higher QA process, and this is also one of their newest lens so I have some assumptions that quality SHOULD be equal across the samples. I've not yet read/heard that there are variations in these copies...

Would you recommend buying it online from canon or just walk into a henrys?
1 reply
Feb 15, 2008
584 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: I am looking to pick up the Canon 16-35mm F4L IS lens and it is the same price at henrys and canon estore. The estore has cash back, so could be an extra ~$35 back from GCR.

Has anyone bought from the eStore before? What are your options in terms of exchanging if the lens has sharpness problems, etc.? Canon lenses are generally much higher QA process, and this is also one of their newest lens so I have some assumptions that quality SHOULD be equal across the samples. I've not yet read/heard that there are variations in these copies...

Would you recommend buying it online from canon or just walk into a henrys?
I bought this lens 2 weeks ago and the copy i got is really sharp and I never heard there is sharpness problem for this lens.
You should try to call Aden Camera for the price. When the price was $1319 MSRP few weeks ago, Aden gave me $1150 for it.
Right now they have the lens on sale for $1199 http://www.adencamera.com/product-overv ... Category=7
Give them a call and they might give you a better price.
Note: Aden allows 10 days exchange if something wrong with your lens but no return/refund. If you are planning to return or refund the lens, then say away from Aden