Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dawn

Lenzr - Morning Sunshine photo contest, WIN an iPad, Oct1st

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2010 7:35 pm
Sep 18, 2008
232 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto

[Dawn] Lenzr - Morning Sunshine photo contest, WIN an iPad, Oct1st

More offers from Dawn
The Morning Sunshine photo contest on Lenzr hopes Canadian photographers will capture and upload images lensed at dawn that chronicle planet Earth enjoying its first rays of morning light!

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/485 ... a5f611.jpg[/IMG] Photo courtesy of Michael Reichmann, Ontario photographer.

Lenzr is a serial photo contest website in which members upload and grade each others' work according to local business sponsored categories.

New this summer is a voting countdown mechanism which insures a fair start to the voting occurs when there are only ten days left in the competition, and in this case that's on September 20th 2010. The highest ranked photo wins the prize when the contest ends on October 1st 2010.

The merits of each image are determined by the membership and voting visitors. There's more information about this contest and the new Lenzr vote collection protocol on the Lenzr blog, and this contest is detailed in Solarline in the age of portable solar power posted August 8th, 2010.

WIN AN IPAD when the contest ends on October 1st 2010 courtesy of SolarLine.com, a Canadian company that builds portable solar power generators (PSG’s) that deliver clean renewable energy to camps, cottages and remote construction sites. SolarLine’s Mobile Solar Work Units are 100% customizable, quiet and a great alternative to gas or diesel powered generators.

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh72 ... rclean.jpg[/IMG]
14 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1944 posts
14270 upvotes
Entered. Thanks!
LadyB
Received a kidney transplant September 1, 2018. Be a donor
Deal Expert
Dec 2, 2009
47870 posts
793 upvotes
Penticton
Thanks! Good luck RFD!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1782 posts
303 upvotes
with like 7 minutes left I got passed for 1st place. sigh :*( I was hoping the photo of my baby was enough to win this one
Deal Expert
Jul 8, 2007
28096 posts
1507 upvotes
Calgary
xansmommy wrote: with like 7 minutes left I got passed for 1st place. sigh :*( I was hoping the photo of my baby was enough to win this one

Ah sorry to hear that. These voting contests always seem sketchy to me. So much can go wrong so quickly. Hence I stay away from most voting ones.

Good luck though, I hope you at least get a secondary prize.
Sep 18, 2008
232 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
I know Eric won fair and square and I personally love his image.

[IMG]http://www.lenzr.com/ontario/contest_im ... 2ca2b4.jpg[/IMG]

we work hard to keep it as fair as possible and we are always evolving the process

the other end of the spectrum is when the sponsors select the winners, and in my opinion that's always subject to extraordinary conditions and a rainbow of variables other than the photo's quality.

I wrote about all the winners of August September 2010 photo contest on the Lenzr blog.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1782 posts
303 upvotes
As posted in the winner's thread, I was lucky enough to have won an iPad by getting first place in another category, and I agree Eric's photo is gorgeous, my heart was in mine though :)

I applaud lenzr (Rob) for working so hard to keep the contest fair and honest and am sure they will put even more improvements in place next time for the voting system. I'm sure it isn't easy to keep it all on the up and up when so many people are out there finding ways to circumvent whatever restrictions you put in place.

The blog entry was an interesting read... even if you did diss my photo ;)
Hopefully you will be shipping the iPad soon?

Laura
Sep 18, 2008
232 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
xansmommy wrote: As posted in the winner's thread, I was lucky enough to have won an iPad by getting first place in another category, and I agree Eric's photo is gorgeous, my heart was in mine though :)

I applaud lenzr (Rob) for working so hard to keep the contest fair and honest and am sure they will put even more improvements in place next time for the voting system. I'm sure it isn't easy to keep it all on the up and up when so many people are out there finding ways to circumvent whatever restrictions you put in place.

The blog entry was an interesting read... even if you did diss my photo ;)
Hopefully you will be shipping the iPad soon?

Laura

Laura,
The answer is YES and let's make it clear to everyone reading that the prize you won was for another contest, View From The Roof.
There was no 2nd place prize for Morning Sunshine, now has there been for any recent Lenzr photo contest. There should be probably, but there isnt... yet
Arob in Toronto

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)