Expired Hot Deals

leoncycle

NCM Prague Electric Mountain Bike $1,179 incl shipping

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 4:02 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 20, 2014
183 posts
120 upvotes
Red Deer, AB

NCM Prague Electric Mountain Bike $1,179 incl shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$1,179.00
Savings:
16 % Savin
Retailer:
leoncycle
Amazon has this for $1299 including free prime shipping.
Leon cycle has it on sale for $1179
Leon cycle is the Canadian distributor and ships out of Richmond BC.( free shipping)
It comes in 2 colors and 3 sizes.
It has very good reviews.
The Prague features a reliable 350W motor hub paired with a powerful 36V13Ah Battery.
Images
  • 81XSZaBV-hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
17 replies
Newbie
Sep 30, 2019
64 posts
379 upvotes
I bought this from Amegoev.com in May for 1169 with a free backpack
Member
Oct 29, 2015
318 posts
133 upvotes
6060842 wrote: Not sure how an electric bike with a 350w motor and 36V 13Ah gets good reviews.
Can you elaborate?
[removed for signature violation]
Jr. Member
Oct 19, 2012
172 posts
86 upvotes
Montr
6060842 wrote: Not sure how an electric bike with a 350w motor and 36V 13Ah gets good reviews.
Because it's $1000. Far more expensive bikes have lower nominal power than 350w. Bigger batteries sure but that is still 460 watt peak power

it's the rest of the components you should be worried about
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2013
1233 posts
711 upvotes
Scarborough
6060842 wrote: Underpowered compared to a legal 500W motor and the battery range is going to be fairly limited. If you aren't going to use the electric features much then maybe it would be ok but why get an electric bike in the first place then?
You buy a bike to get help on moving not to show of in front of spandex guys. Because o attitudes like that and some "smart" people, now the electric bikes are on the edge of getting banned.
I bought myself an electric bike to get me moving and it helped. If you want to show of your speed need get yourself a motorcycle and a license and enjoy, don't show off on the bike lane.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
20286 posts
5734 upvotes
GTA
This is a fairly enticing price for a new prebuilt ebike. Lets not even talk about stock levels for bikes, or even finding a low end aluminum frame bike with disc brakes for under $600.

I've been eyeing a pedal assist only 48v 500w TSDZ2 mid motor kit to install on a hybrid. The kit is $800 or so, and a matching 48v 10ah battery is about $400.

I think 36v 350w is more than enough for my use in Toronto, but everywhere I read people recommend the full 48v 500w setup.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4202 posts
2093 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Not sure why the negative comments. Its a great price for a well built and equipped bike.
Great way for someone to get into cycling again or get a decent grocery getter.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 5, 2008
1666 posts
1458 upvotes
My wife has an eMTB with similar specs. She usually rides unassisted when we are out but has the motor there to assist on hills and when she gets tired at the end of a long ride. I ride an analog MTB and with the ebike she can keep up with me and ride for the same length of time by using assist when needed.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
22907 posts
178044 upvotes
GTA
This is not bad, only thing is the season is winding down, so waiting until the spring to pick something up seems like a good option, especially given that the industry is still in its infancy and there may possibly be more/better options 7 or so months from now. A concern I have with these is how the battery stands up to not being used in winter. When I consider the ones for my outdoor power tools, they have lasted a number of years/seasons but I have no idea if the ebike batteries are made to the same standards / are there certain manufacturers whose products would be of better quality / have better durability than others (without breaking the bank).
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4202 posts
2093 upvotes
Milton, ON.
toguy wrote: This is not bad, only thing is the season is winding down, so waiting until the spring to pick something up seems like a good option, especially given that the industry is still in its infancy and there may possibly be more/better options 7 or so months from now. A concern I have with these is how the battery stands up to not being used in winter. When I consider the ones for my outdoor power tools, they have lasted a number of years/seasons but I have no idea if the ebike batteries are made to the same standards / are there certain manufacturers whose products would be of better quality / have better durability than others (without breaking the bank).
Some of us commute year round except on the worse of days. Electric bikes will definitely help people with that. Also, there will always be something better, faster, lighter, stronger etc. If you think like this why buy anything at all?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2193 posts
1454 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
6060842 wrote: I don't know anything about ebikes getting banned but I do agree that for some it's a good way to get out biking without fearing you'll be stranded when you poop out. 500w motors are completely legal though and should allow you to travel at ~ 32 km/hr on smooth pavement (dependant on other factors as well) which is about as fast as I can pedal using a regular bike on flat ground ( albiet for a limited amount of time). It's not about showing off, it's about getting to where you need to go faster than walking speed.
I really have no idea what you're doing. On flat road, I put my e-bike on eco or none and my range is something ridiculous. I use the motor to help me go up the two big hills when I come home from work. It also helps for accelerating but that's a very small use case and I certainly wouldn't buy an ebike just for that. Otherwise it's mostly an anchor, as e-bikes are really, really heavy.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2003
1264 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
my ebike with 250w + 36V has NO ISSUES with power whatsoever. It's way way more powerful than what I need. I set the PAS on 2 (out of 5) and it still provides me enough power to do 28~30 kph on flat asphalt with light pedaling. 30 ~ 32 kph on PAS 3. No need to go PAS 4 or 5 even on uphills. Range is great too, I rode 70kms on PAS 2 yesterday and it was still showing 30 kms range at the end of the ride. PAS 3 ~ 4 gave me 65 kms the other day.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2193 posts
1454 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
pilmania wrote: my ebike with 250w + 36V has NO ISSUES with power whatsoever. It's way way more powerful than what I need. I set the PAS on 2 (out of 5) and it still provides me enough power to do 28~30 kph on flat asphalt with light pedaling. 30 ~ 32 kph on PAS 3. No need to go PAS 4 or 5 even on uphills. Range is great too, I rode 70kms on PAS 2 yesterday and it was still showing 30 kms range at the end of the ride. PAS 3 ~ 4 gave me 65 kms the other day.
Yup, mine is 250W, not sure where the hell 6060842 is going that requires 500 watts.

In general I find the e-bike (and regular bike) advice on the deal threads to be astoundingly horrible.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
22907 posts
178044 upvotes
GTA
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Some of us commute year round except on the worse of days. Electric bikes will definitely help people with that. Also, there will always be something better, faster, lighter, stronger etc. If you think like this why buy anything at all?
I think you're missing the point - I get it that there are people who commute year round but there are also a lot of people commuting a lot less as well and/or who just use a bike for recreation, and primarily during the summer months. As for waiting for something better, I agree that you can't always think like that, but if you knew that something was mostly going to be sitting in your garage for the next several months, why spend the money now (and lose valuable warranty time in the process)?
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2007
572 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver
caltran wrote: Yup, mine is 250W, not sure where the hell 6060842 is going that requires 500 watts.

In general I find the e-bike (and regular bike) advice on the deal threads to be astoundingly horrible.
To be fair, the watt ratings on bikes is pretty gimmicky. It reminds me of the megapixel race that old digital cameras used to have.

I have a 750w (peak)/500w bike and it is ok. I wouldn't say it is fast or that easy to get up 10+% grades. I've also tried 350w mid drive ebikes that would easily climb the same hills.

These cheap Chinese hub drives are well suited to commuting but anything else I think they aren't amazing. The cheap drivetrains make them crappy to ride without assist. That said, I used to ride my cheap hub drive to work and it worked well. It was better at hauling cargo/ dogs than any of my other bikes
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4202 posts
2093 upvotes
Milton, ON.
pilmania wrote: my ebike with 250w + 36V has NO ISSUES with power whatsoever. It's way way more powerful than what I need. I set the PAS on 2 (out of 5) and it still provides me enough power to do 28~30 kph on flat asphalt with light pedaling. 30 ~ 32 kph on PAS 3. No need to go PAS 4 or 5 even on uphills. Range is great too, I rode 70kms on PAS 2 yesterday and it was still showing 30 kms range at the end of the ride. PAS 3 ~ 4 gave me 65 kms the other day.
What bike might that be?
Newbie
Oct 1, 2006
99 posts
196 upvotes
calgary
6060842 wrote: Not sure how an electric bike with a 350w motor and 36V 13Ah gets good reviews.

A typical fit cyclist might be able to crank out 250 to 300 watts as an average for a 20 minute , while the pros usually average 400 watts.
This is not a motorbike, it is pedal assist bike - more than enough for most people.

In fact the 2020 Specialized S-work Turbo Levo SL which I consider to be the best e-mtb on the market only has a SL 1.1 motor that kicks out a maximum of 240 watts of assist
that is $16,999 bike

i ride a Turbo Levo with a 565 watt assist, but i am on a level 1 assist most of time that gives me a 30% boost - thats 170 watts and that is more than sufficient for most riding and more than enough on city pathways. If I set it to full boost, I can keep up to road bikes for extended periods

Top