NCM Prague Electric Mountain Bike $1,179 incl shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$1,179.00
Savings:
16 % Savin
Retailer:
leoncycle
Amazon has this for $1299 including free prime shipping.
Leon cycle has it on sale for $1179
Leon cycle is the Canadian distributor and ships out of Richmond BC.( free shipping)
It comes in 2 colors and 3 sizes.
It has very good reviews.
The Prague features a reliable 350W motor hub paired with a powerful 36V13Ah Battery.
Images
  • 81XSZaBV-hL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
21 replies
Sep 30, 2019
54 posts
361 upvotes
I bought this from Amegoev.com in May for 1169 with a free backpack
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1155 posts
1568 upvotes
Not sure how an electric bike with a 350w motor and 36V 13Ah gets good reviews.
Oct 29, 2015
241 posts
55 upvotes
6060842 wrote: Not sure how an electric bike with a 350w motor and 36V 13Ah gets good reviews.
Can you elaborate?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1155 posts
1568 upvotes
DecayHeat wrote: Can you elaborate?
Underpowered compared to a legal 500W motor and the battery range is going to be fairly limited. If you aren't going to use the electric features much then maybe it would be ok but why get an electric bike in the first place then?
Oct 19, 2012
165 posts
82 upvotes
Montr
6060842 wrote: Not sure how an electric bike with a 350w motor and 36V 13Ah gets good reviews.
Because it's $1000. Far more expensive bikes have lower nominal power than 350w. Bigger batteries sure but that is still 460 watt peak power

it's the rest of the components you should be worried about
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1155 posts
1568 upvotes
hailey21 wrote: Because it's $1000. Far more expensive bikes have lower nominal power than 350w. Bigger batteries sure but that is still 460 watt peak power

it's the rest of the components you should be worried about
Looks to be 20% more expensive than that but I'm not going to split hairs. Yes, maybe for $1000 - $1300 it might be good for some but after a year you might be looking to upgrade already.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1043 posts
507 upvotes
Scarborough
6060842 wrote: Underpowered compared to a legal 500W motor and the battery range is going to be fairly limited. If you aren't going to use the electric features much then maybe it would be ok but why get an electric bike in the first place then?
You buy a bike to get help on moving not to show of in front of spandex guys. Because o attitudes like that and some "smart" people, now the electric bikes are on the edge of getting banned.
I bought myself an electric bike to get me moving and it helped. If you want to show of your speed need get yourself a motorcycle and a license and enjoy, don't show off on the bike lane.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1155 posts
1568 upvotes
Harpagon wrote: You buy a bike to get help on moving not to show of in front of spandex guys. Because o attitudes like that and some "smart" people, now the electric bikes are on the edge of getting banned.
I bought myself an electric bike to get me moving and it helped. If you want to show of your speed need get yourself a motorcycle and a license and enjoy, don't show off on the bike lane.
I don't know anything about ebikes getting banned but I do agree that for some it's a good way to get out biking without fearing you'll be stranded when you poop out. 500w motors are completely legal though and should allow you to travel at ~ 32 km/hr on smooth pavement (dependant on other factors as well) which is about as fast as I can pedal using a regular bike on flat ground ( albiet for a limited amount of time). It's not about showing off, it's about getting to where you need to go faster than walking speed.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19838 posts
5195 upvotes
Off the 404
This is a fairly enticing price for a new prebuilt ebike. Lets not even talk about stock levels for bikes, or even finding a low end aluminum frame bike with disc brakes for under $600.

I've been eyeing a pedal assist only 48v 500w TSDZ2 mid motor kit to install on a hybrid. The kit is $800 or so, and a matching 48v 10ah battery is about $400.

I think 36v 350w is more than enough for my use in Toronto, but everywhere I read people recommend the full 48v 500w setup.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3577 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
Not sure why the negative comments. Its a great price for a well built and equipped bike.
Great way for someone to get into cycling again or get a decent grocery getter.
Jul 5, 2008
568 posts
297 upvotes
My wife has an eMTB with similar specs. She usually rides unassisted when we are out but has the motor there to assist on hills and when she gets tired at the end of a long ride. I ride an analog MTB and with the ebike she can keep up with me and ride for the same length of time by using assist when needed.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21572 posts
157017 upvotes
GTA
This is not bad, only thing is the season is winding down, so waiting until the spring to pick something up seems like a good option, especially given that the industry is still in its infancy and there may possibly be more/better options 7 or so months from now. A concern I have with these is how the battery stands up to not being used in winter. When I consider the ones for my outdoor power tools, they have lasted a number of years/seasons but I have no idea if the ebike batteries are made to the same standards / are there certain manufacturers whose products would be of better quality / have better durability than others (without breaking the bank).
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3577 posts
1382 upvotes
Mississauga
toguy wrote: This is not bad, only thing is the season is winding down, so waiting until the spring to pick something up seems like a good option, especially given that the industry is still in its infancy and there may possibly be more/better options 7 or so months from now. A concern I have with these is how the battery stands up to not being used in winter. When I consider the ones for my outdoor power tools, they have lasted a number of years/seasons but I have no idea if the ebike batteries are made to the same standards / are there certain manufacturers whose products would be of better quality / have better durability than others (without breaking the bank).
Some of us commute year round except on the worse of days. Electric bikes will definitely help people with that. Also, there will always be something better, faster, lighter, stronger etc. If you think like this why buy anything at all?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
727 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
6060842 wrote: I don't know anything about ebikes getting banned but I do agree that for some it's a good way to get out biking without fearing you'll be stranded when you poop out. 500w motors are completely legal though and should allow you to travel at ~ 32 km/hr on smooth pavement (dependant on other factors as well) which is about as fast as I can pedal using a regular bike on flat ground ( albiet for a limited amount of time). It's not about showing off, it's about getting to where you need to go faster than walking speed.
I really have no idea what you're doing. On flat road, I put my e-bike on eco or none and my range is something ridiculous. I use the motor to help me go up the two big hills when I come home from work. It also helps for accelerating but that's a very small use case and I certainly wouldn't buy an ebike just for that. Otherwise it's mostly an anchor, as e-bikes are really, really heavy.