[leoncycle] NCM Prague Electric Mountain Bike $1,179 incl shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 4:02 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1141 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
my ebike with 250w + 36V has NO ISSUES with power whatsoever. It's way way more powerful than what I need. I set the PAS on 2 (out of 5) and it still provides me enough power to do 28~30 kph on flat asphalt with light pedaling. 30 ~ 32 kph on PAS 3. No need to go PAS 4 or 5 even on uphills. Range is great too, I rode 70kms on PAS 2 yesterday and it was still showing 30 kms range at the end of the ride. PAS 3 ~ 4 gave me 65 kms the other day.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
727 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
pilmania wrote: my ebike with 250w + 36V has NO ISSUES with power whatsoever. It's way way more powerful than what I need. I set the PAS on 2 (out of 5) and it still provides me enough power to do 28~30 kph on flat asphalt with light pedaling. 30 ~ 32 kph on PAS 3. No need to go PAS 4 or 5 even on uphills. Range is great too, I rode 70kms on PAS 2 yesterday and it was still showing 30 kms range at the end of the ride. PAS 3 ~ 4 gave me 65 kms the other day.
Yup, mine is 250W, not sure where the hell 6060842 is going that requires 500 watts.

In general I find the e-bike (and regular bike) advice on the deal threads to be astoundingly horrible.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21578 posts
157221 upvotes
GTA
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Some of us commute year round except on the worse of days. Electric bikes will definitely help people with that. Also, there will always be something better, faster, lighter, stronger etc. If you think like this why buy anything at all?
I think you're missing the point - I get it that there are people who commute year round but there are also a lot of people commuting a lot less as well and/or who just use a bike for recreation, and primarily during the summer months. As for waiting for something better, I agree that you can't always think like that, but if you knew that something was mostly going to be sitting in your garage for the next several months, why spend the money now (and lose valuable warranty time in the process)?
Dec 25, 2007
395 posts
253 upvotes
CALGARY
caltran wrote: Yup, mine is 250W, not sure where the hell 6060842 is going that requires 500 watts.

In general I find the e-bike (and regular bike) advice on the deal threads to be astoundingly horrible.
To be fair, the watt ratings on bikes is pretty gimmicky. It reminds me of the megapixel race that old digital cameras used to have.

I have a 750w (peak)/500w bike and it is ok. I wouldn't say it is fast or that easy to get up 10+% grades. I've also tried 350w mid drive ebikes that would easily climb the same hills.

These cheap Chinese hub drives are well suited to commuting but anything else I think they aren't amazing. The cheap drivetrains make them crappy to ride without assist. That said, I used to ride my cheap hub drive to work and it worked well. It was better at hauling cargo/ dogs than any of my other bikes
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3578 posts
1383 upvotes
Mississauga
pilmania wrote: my ebike with 250w + 36V has NO ISSUES with power whatsoever. It's way way more powerful than what I need. I set the PAS on 2 (out of 5) and it still provides me enough power to do 28~30 kph on flat asphalt with light pedaling. 30 ~ 32 kph on PAS 3. No need to go PAS 4 or 5 even on uphills. Range is great too, I rode 70kms on PAS 2 yesterday and it was still showing 30 kms range at the end of the ride. PAS 3 ~ 4 gave me 65 kms the other day.
What bike might that be?
Oct 1, 2006
56 posts
66 upvotes
6060842 wrote: Not sure how an electric bike with a 350w motor and 36V 13Ah gets good reviews.

A typical fit cyclist might be able to crank out 250 to 300 watts as an average for a 20 minute , while the pros usually average 400 watts.
This is not a motorbike, it is pedal assist bike - more than enough for most people.

In fact the 2020 Specialized S-work Turbo Levo SL which I consider to be the best e-mtb on the market only has a SL 1.1 motor that kicks out a maximum of 240 watts of assist
that is $16,999 bike

i ride a Turbo Levo with a 565 watt assist, but i am on a level 1 assist most of time that gives me a 30% boost - thats 170 watts and that is more than sufficient for most riding and more than enough on city pathways. If I set it to full boost, I can keep up to road bikes for extended periods