Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Leons] Collier Sofa $349 Loveseat $339

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 6:35 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Leons] Collier Sofa $349 Loveseat $339

Deal Link:
Price:
$349
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
February 28, 2017
I was looking for sofa and I got the e-mail this morning that Collier sofa is 50% off. Made in Canada and free local delivery over $498.
Reviews look good too.
Some other deals on their flyer too.
-
43 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
Bought this 3 years ago for $299. Looks good. Pretty comfy to sit on. No regrets.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frozenmelon wrote: Bought this 3 years ago for $299. Looks good. Pretty comfy to sit on. No regrets.
I just bought this and was curious how has your sofa held up? I bought this in chocolate because I have a Kid at home and don't want stains to show up on sofa on the long-term.
-
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1494 posts
1206 upvotes
Edmonton
Delivery is $50. Cheaper than other furniture places.

Can someone explain the down votes to the thread?
Last edited by Simby on Feb 23rd, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
Held up pretty well, but I don't have any children or pets. I've had a few spills and such over the years, but it's always come out with some fabric cleaner.

I'd say one big downside for this couch is that everything is sewn on, so you can't remove cushions or anything. This means that it can be difficult to clean the crevices.

Still. No regrets.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
frozenmelon wrote: Held up pretty well, but I don't have any children or pets. I've had a few spills and such over the years, but it's always come out with some fabric cleaner.

I'd say one big downside for this couch is that everything is sewn on, so you can't remove cushions or anything. This means that it can be difficult to clean the crevices.

Still. No regrets.
Thanks I was going to ask if the cushions could be removed.

I know there's bad reviews on Leons (and every other furniture stores anyways) but 8 years ago we bought a couch and love seat (similar to this, same color but cushions can be removed), a big table set and a full bedroom set. We never had issues with the company or delivery.

We paid the extra, 100$ I think for both loveseat and couch, for the couch spill protection and we never had to use it because the couch still looks great. We have a 4 year old boy and now my wife babysit kids at home and it's still easy to clean after 8 years. It still looks great.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Simby wrote: Delivery is $50. Cheaper than other furniture places.

Can someone explain the down votes to the thread?
General hate for Leons, Brick, Sears type stores I assume.
Sep 12, 2008
580 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton, on
Redscott wrote: I love how the matching Ottoman is 77% the price of Sofa itself. Nonsensical. An ottoman should at most cost less than 25% of it's sofa.

http://www.leons.ca/product/item/furnit ... 47/1524093

That's not that uncommon. Usually a love seat (2 seater) is only about 10% cheaper than a full 3 seater sofa even though its 33%'ish less material. Cost is in the labor, which is (mostly) independent of size.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Simby wrote: Can someone explain the down votes to the thread?
Leons and The Brick (same company) have a lot of hate here on RFD (and with good reason, their business practices leave much to be desired). I assume it's just an overall "no deal from either company could be considered a good deal" sentiment as opposed to this particular deal.

The good news is, downvotes mean absolutely nothing.
Dec 2, 2014
458 posts
186 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks OP I went to Leon's after work to check it out and ended up buying one. I wasn't like blown out of the water or anything but, considering we're using the Ikea sofa we had when I was in grad school, it's a significant step up for only $100 or so more than we paid for the other one.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
owned the set for several years. very comfortable. has held up very well. 349 is a very good price for the sofa. that's about 50 cheaper than their normal sale price that rotates around every month or so
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Mar 9, 2014
433 posts
233 upvotes
Stouffville
I have the cream colour in the sofa and loveseat. It's very comfortable and I'm happy with it. I like that the cushions are all sewn on and easy to clean. The only thing I don't like is that the cushions need to be "fluffed" up after sitting down for too long.

I got the scotch guarding from Leon's but I don't think there's any difference.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1078 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks! Ordered a chocolate sofa.
Feb 22, 2017
15 posts
9 upvotes
First post, been lurking for a while, finally decided to contribute.

I bought this couch on BF for $199, I think I saw it at $299 on BD. There wasn't any colour option on BF, it was just the light beige. It is pretty comfortable but it isn't very deep so it's not the best for laying down on. I have 2 dogs and 2 kids, 3 years old and under so I don't anticipate it lasting 5 years but the price was right. I would think that this is an average sale on this couch and you probably won't get it at a better price until the end of the year.
Sep 2, 2015
185 posts
86 upvotes
Qu
Spending +150$ you receive it free shipping. So I bought something else I didn't need.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1494 posts
1206 upvotes
Edmonton
Maverick0140 wrote: First post, been lurking for a while, finally decided to contribute.

I bought this couch on BF for $199, I think I saw it at $299 on BD. There wasn't any colour option on BF, it was just the light beige. It is pretty comfortable but it isn't very deep so it's not the best for laying down on. I have 2 dogs and 2 kids, 3 years old and under so I don't anticipate it lasting 5 years but the price was right. I would think that this is an average sale on this couch and you probably won't get it at a better price until the end of the year.
The 3 seater sofa was only $199 on BF??? Might be worth waiting for a lower price than $349 then.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Simby wrote: The 3 seater sofa was only $199 on BF??? Might be worth waiting for a lower price than $349 then.
With the caveat that it was only available in one colour on BF. If you have a specific colour you want, it's a gamble on whether or not that colour will be available if this couch goes on sale again on BF.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
Shiraz81 wrote: I have the cream colour in the sofa and loveseat. It's very comfortable and I'm happy with it. I like that the cushions are all sewn on and easy to clean. The only thing I don't like is that the cushions need to be "fluffed" up after sitting down for too long.

I got the scotch guarding from Leon's but I don't think there's any difference.
YES, Sewn On > Zippers
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!