• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 12:22 pm
Nov 28, 2008
291 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto

LEON'S HEAD OFFICE EMAIL? TO COMPLAIN

Hi all,

i need to make a complain about a Leon's location to someone whos the head of Leon's. Someone from Head office, CEO?CFO?any board members emails anyone has? I bought a piece of furniture, and its been 2 months i haven't got it. they keep giving me run around.
17 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Complaining to Leon's is like complaining to a used car lot owner about 'unethical' sales tactics. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
I would suggest waiting a few months until they have their customer appreciation day where you can get a hot dog in a cold bun with a warm drink from one of their fridges that they use but is not plugged in. The sales and management people are there in full abundance.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
I had an issue with Leons once. They delivered my furniture, broken, and late.

Charged back the entire amount, then they contested it, and I wasted my time for about 3 months.

Took them to Small Claims, and won.

That was a very very rewarding day for me. They pissed me off with their shady tactics, so I decided to take them to court.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
67 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: I had an issue with Leons once. They delivered my furniture, broken, and late.

Charged back the entire amount, then they contested it, and I wasted my time for about 3 months.

That was a very very rewarding day for me. They pissed me off with their shady tactics, so I decided to take them to court.
how did you do a chargeback? anytime i've called to do a chargeback re: broken stuff the credit card companies always say "if you agreed to pay the money and your credit card wasn't stolen" you have to take it up with the seller.

How did they contest it and did they lawyer up in small claims and after u won they paid right away ?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
jimmysack wrote: how did you do a chargeback? anytime i've called to do a chargeback re: broken stuff the credit card companies always say "if you agreed to pay the money and your credit card wasn't stolen" you have to take it up with the seller.

How did they contest it and did they lawyer up in small claims and after u won they paid right away ?
I would suggest using a different credit card. I always have never had an issue charging back merchants.

In this case goods were damaged and thus I had valid grounds.

Due to a confidentiality agreement I cannot comment further than what I have disclosed already.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
angryaudifanatic wrote:

Due to a confidentiality agreement I cannot comment further than what I have disclosed already.
In this case, there could not have been a judgment in your favour. Court decisions are a matter of public record and not subject to confidentiality agreements. If you had such an agreement, there was no court resolution.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
starchoice wrote: In this case, there could not have been a judgment in your favour. Court decisions are a matter of public record and not subject to confidentiality agreements. If you had such an agreement, there was no court resolution.
There are several outcomes that you are probably not aware of. Taking someone to court may not result in a trial in the end. Don't assume in my case that I won at trial. There's nothing further I will comment on this topic.

Looking back, I could have worded my statements better.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
I would get everything in writing, and call your credit card to complain and get a chargeback for non delivery.

Leons, Brick etc are all the same. When things go good its fine, but when things go wrong they don't stand behind their products. Way too many loopholes with furniture warranties.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
angryaudifanatic wrote: There are several outcomes that you are probably not aware of. Taking someone to court may not result in a trial in the end. Don't assume in my case that I won at trial. There's nothing further I will comment on this topic.

Looking back, I could have worded my statements better.
Fair enough but you said this:
angryaudifanatic wrote:
It's not an issue of what I assumed but what you said.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
starchoice wrote: Fair enough but you said this:

It's not an issue of what I assumed but what you said.
Like I said I could have worded it better. I'm not sure if there's a difference in definitions though. It's been close to 30 years since I haven't spent my life dedicated to law.

When I see someone and I'm about to file a suit against them I'll say just that. "I'll see you in court". Both parties know that the case most likely won't make it to trial. Simply a matter of probabilities.

I wasn't aware that someone would read that line and assume something went to trial. Maybe it's just me though.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
angryaudifanatic wrote: Like I said I could have worded it better. I'm not sure if there's a difference in definitions though. It's been close to 30 years since I haven't spent my life dedicated to law.

When I see someone and I'm about to file a suit against them I'll say just that. "I'll see you in court". Both parties know that the case most likely won't make it to trial. Simply a matter of probabilities.

I wasn't aware that someone would read that line and assume something went to trial. Maybe it's just me though.
Again, I didn't make any assumptions. You said that you took it to small claims and won. You didn't "win" anything. They made a settlement with you.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
starchoice wrote: Again, I didn't make any assumptions. You said that you took it to small claims and won. You didn't "win" anything. They made a settlement with you.
Incorrect. We did not settle. We did not end up litigating though. You should be able to fill in the blanks now.
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
67 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: I would suggest using a different credit card. I always have never had an issue charging back merchants.

In this case goods were damaged and thus I had valid grounds.

I gotta say i agree with starchoice, i think you're lying as well about both things.

I have, multiple times, on multiple different credit cards attempted to do a chargeback in situations like you said, (broken furniture, over charges at boat cruise i diddnt agree to, bait and switch, and even straight up scam) and every single time. The credit card companies always use the cop out "Did you yourself swipe the card or authorize the transaction?" me: "Yes but ...". them "sir, if you authorized the transaction you have to take this up directly with the retailer or the person who sold you the goods, we can only step in if your card was fraudulently used"
In my 30+ years i have never successfully done a chargeback MINUS the time my card WAS stolen and fraudulently used.

Second part of your story also seems very suspicious and suspect. Since when do people win small claims and then the win is sealed? also with your posts you've basically given admission to doing fraud, and utter fraud document. which are both criminal offences.. if you were reimbursed by the credit card company how and why would you take the same furniture company to court? You cant try to get "double your money" back. its called parallel proceedings and its not allowed. What would you even be suing them for if you were already given the money back....? if anything they would have the right to sue you if you didn't give them the furniture back... so, both of your stories seem very suspicious and made up

and as roosterchoice said it would be available to the public. i have to agree with roosterchoice i think both your stories are lies.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
jimmysack wrote: I gotta say i agree with starchoice, i think you're lying as well about both things.

I have, multiple times, on multiple different credit cards attempted to do a chargeback in situations like you said, (broken furniture, over charges at boat cruise i diddnt agree to, bait and switch, and even straight up scam) and every single time. The credit card companies always use the cop out "Did you yourself swipe the card or authorize the transaction?" me: "Yes but ...". them "sir, if you authorized the transaction you have to take this up directly with the retailer or the person who sold you the goods, we can only step in if your card was fraudulently used"
In my 30+ years i have never successfully done a chargeback MINUS the time my card WAS stolen and fraudulently used.

Second part of your story also seems very suspicious and suspect. Since when do people win small claims and then the win is sealed? also with your posts you've basically given admission to doing fraud, and utter fraud document. which are both criminal offences.. if you were reimbursed by the credit card company how and why would you take the same furniture company to court? You cant try to get "double your money" back. its called parallel proceedings and its not allowed. What would you even be suing them for if you were already given the money back....? if anything they would have the right to sue you if you didn't give them the furniture back... so, both of your stories seem very suspicious and made up

and as roosterchoice said it would be available to the public. i have to agree with roosterchoice i think both your stories are lies.
1) I think a re-read of my post is in order. I charged back the company, and then the company rebutted my chargeback, and thus we went into back and forth discussion for months, at which point I took them to small claims court as I could not recover my money from the credit card company.

2) We never ended up resolving this issue through litigation. If you do not understand what this means, then please do not make an assumption about any win being sealed. There are ADR that do not involve litigation, and thus the end result is not a matter of public record.

3) As far as chargebacks go, I have no idea why you folks are having such an issue submitting that request. Just take a look here: https://www.mbna.ca/help-centre/disputes/index.jsp. Fill in the form, submit it to the card issuer, and Mastercard Canada will get involved.
-Not as described/defective goods or services
-Services/products not received (failing to receive ordered products)
May 29, 2020
1 posts
My husband and I purchased a new fridge and stove. Delivery was today. They brought me a old banged up fridge and no stove. Obviously, we did not accept the delivery. We went back to the store Leon's location on Daniel Johnson in Laval and our salesman could not help us he said the mistake was with the shipping. Now we spoke to the director Mr. Alexandre, Lavoie. Not only he could not help he wanted us to buy another fridge same brand for 800.00 more. We were pleading with him to give us the fridge we bought and he said we couldn't because he sold it to somebody else! We are officially done with Leon's after being customers for 20 years! Zero customer service. Now we are trying to get delivery for a new fridge last minute because we gave our old fridge away! Plus, we are in a pandemic! People make sure when you purchase something you get what you paid for and not something they have in the shipping department that you would not give $100.00 for!)