Expired Hot Deals

[Leon's] [ON Only] Samsung Front Load Washer & Dryer (Stainless Platinum) $584 each

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 1:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1406 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto

[ON Only] Samsung Front Load Washer & Dryer (Stainless Platinum) $584 each

Price:
584
Expiry:
June 28, 2020
Retailer:
Leon's
Leon's is having a two-day sales on Samsung appliances. Just picked up this laundry pair for $1320.78 tax with delivery.

Regular price is $898 each.

There are three promotions going on this weekend:
1) Save $100 on the laundry pair
2) Save the tax discount
3) 25% Energy Savings Rebate program

Given Home Depot and Lowes have ended the Energy Savings Rebate program, I saved $680 by buying from Leon's. Pretty good deal IMO.

https://www.leons.ca/products/samsung-stainless-platinum-steam-front-load-washer-52-cu-ft-wf45r6100ap-us?variant=31543163322414

https://www.leons.ca/products/samsung-stainless-platinum-steam-front-load-dryer-75-cu-ft-dve45t6100p-ac?variant=31543162961966
60 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1926 posts
1619 upvotes
Toronto
Good luck posting Samsung appliances on this forum... It could be free and people will downvote and say bad things about it.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 12, 2010
1206 posts
494 upvotes
Whitby
neonic wrote: Good luck posting Samsung appliances on this forum... It could be free and people will downvote and say bad things about it.
Maybe because they're not good? I mean, if people go out of their way to give bad recommendations about a product, it usually means something..
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1926 posts
1619 upvotes
Toronto
strawberry9999 wrote: Maybe because they're not good? I mean, if people go out of their way to give bad recommendations about a product, it usually means something..
Perhaps. I'm not vouching pro or against Samsung, just wishing good luck to OP based on how the community here behaves towards Samsung appliances.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4546 posts
2632 upvotes
neonic wrote: Good luck posting Samsung appliances on this forum... It could be free and people will downvote and say bad things about it.
They're pretty good! Bought a set as we price matched a pricing error and became awesome deal much like this but.....it washes super well, easy to maintain, self clean works, buttttttt it shakes the house. HARD.

LIKE turbulence on a plane. Like a school bus downhill on gravel roads. LIke speeding down the 401 in spring time.

I've adjusted it a thousand times, added foam pad to the legs, rebalanced it and it improved but still shakes loudly.

This is on "low spin". Avoiding high as that might discover the higgs boson particle.

Would I buy again? Maybe, it came in an awesome unique blue colour and the price was good.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1160 posts
669 upvotes
bhrm wrote: They're pretty good! Bought a set as we price matched a pricing error and became awesome deal much like this but.....it washes super well, easy to maintain, self clean works, buttttttt it shakes the house. HARD.

LIKE turbulence on a plane. Like a school bus downhill on gravel roads. LIke speeding down the 401 in spring time.

I've adjusted it a thousand times, added foam pad to the legs, rebalanced it and it improved but still shakes loudly.

This is on "low spin". Avoiding high as that might discover the higgs boson particle.

Would I buy again? Maybe, it came in an awesome unique blue colour and the price was good.
I’ve gone through 3 sets of Samsung laundry pairs over the past 8 years and I follow all it’s recommended instructions in the manual. It’s usually the washer that goes, the dryer is easy and cheap to fix, usually the rollers or tensioner pulley. I’ve finally switched over to LG and hope I have some better luck with this brand.

They sure don’t make them like they used to.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1535 posts
900 upvotes
NOYB
I kinda like the design

Is Samsung good for wash n dryer in general? Genuinely asking.
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8408 posts
5071 upvotes
Kootenays
Terabithia wrote: I kinda like the design

Is Samsung good for wash n dryer in general? Genuinely asking.
No. They have a very poor dependability rating.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1406 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
neonic wrote: Perhaps. I'm not vouching pro or against Samsung, just wishing good luck to OP based on how the community here behaves towards Samsung appliances.
Been using Samsung washer and dryer for 10 years trouble free. Hopefully this set is the same. Bought this set for someone else, not for my house.

Beside, it’s only $580. Not a big loss if it ends up broken in a few years. I lose more money trading in my cellphone than this.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1926 posts
1619 upvotes
Toronto
smacd wrote: No. They have a very poor dependability rating.
You see, JD Power ranks them very well
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press- ... on-studies

Yale appliances also have a positive view based on their own numbers of repairs.


https://blog.yaleappliance.com/are-sams ... s-reliable

However, all Samsung appliances (washer, dryers, dishwashers, stoves, fridge) are ALL downvoted to oblivion here.

Again, I'm not saying they're good or bad, it's just really odd how it goes.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Member
Nov 17, 2005
374 posts
55 upvotes
Not sure why all the negative reviews on Samsung but my personal experience is different. My laundry set has been in our family for 8 years with no issues except for the dryer element and the dryer water hose for steam that required replacement (cheap items) .Other than that no vibration and going strong. Again my personal experience.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2009
3166 posts
459 upvotes
Don't be nosey
What brand of washer and dryer does the rfd community suggest? Our old mechanical washer has been going strong for 20 years and finally decided to move on.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4546 posts
2632 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: I’ve gone through 3 sets of Samsung laundry pairs over the past 8 years and I follow all it’s recommended instructions in the manual. It’s usually the washer that goes, the dryer is easy and cheap to fix, usually the rollers or tensioner pulley. I’ve finally switched over to LG and hope I have some better luck with this brand.

They sure don’t make them like they used to.
In my old house I had LG but couldn't find a good deal on LG for current house, took a chance on Samsung.

My Samsung fridge is pretty good, a little noisy but found a great deal as I was looking for the largest possible fridge without ice cube maker. 26 cu ft!

Appliances are a tricky predicament. On one hand, true to RFDers, you want the biggest discount as close to cost price since appliances have generous margins on them. On the other OTHER hand, you truly get what you pay for. Nicer appliances and better brands have better reliability or service, and could last longer.

I used to work in a company that had access to cost price and employees were able to buy appliances at 75-80% off list, with the exception of the premium sub brand which we were only allowed 20-40% off maybe, but at the time I was no where near buying a house yet. There's so much profit margin, especially when the majority of appliances are now made by Haier in China or Mexico (Mabe).
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 7, 2011
774 posts
671 upvotes
ottawa
Have a Samsung washer and dryer for roughly 5 years. The washer never gave me issues even once. Still works like new. The drier stopped heating 6 months ago but I had extended warranty and it cost me nothing to fix it. Maybe I had a lucky batch..
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2006
198 posts
33 upvotes
Markham
I’ve added them to cart and am going through the checkout process. But i see taxes are still being added. Does this set qualify for save the taxes?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1406 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Alaric wrote: I’ve added them to cart and am going through the checkout process. But i see taxes are still being added. Does this set qualify for save the taxes?
For save the tax promotion, you always have to pay HST at the end. They just take the equivalent amount as a discount. This is how save the tax promotion works everywhere.
Newbie
Jul 28, 2018
18 posts
13 upvotes
I have samsung washer and dryer, and everyone i know has samsung washers and dryers. Never had any problems and never heard anyone complain about them. Only people on this forum.
Newbie
Nov 10, 2014
24 posts
2 upvotes
Some of our friends have Samsung appliances, but they always complain about those.
Jr. Member
Apr 18, 2017
163 posts
106 upvotes
Nanaimo
I suggest Amana, they are made in US, long lasting, and a good cost. Got mine on a boxing day special at $500 each. Love them.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8408 posts
5071 upvotes
Kootenays
Last year when we were researching washers, Consumer Reports rated LG washers (WM3500) and dryers as "best buys". Samsung rated poorly for durability.

Top