Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Leon's Boxing Day

Samsung 85” model QN85Q80AAFXZC $3299

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2021 11:25 pm
11 replies
Member
Oct 4, 2006
376 posts
143 upvotes
talvinder85 wrote: I saw this TV on Leon’s Boxing Day flyer for $3299, anyone knows if it’s a good deal?
Not a bad deal! I’d personally be looking toward the Q85A in the 85”, and attempting to negotiate a deal at visions If your in the Prairies or West - Q85A is a software limited version of the flagship Q90A (same number of dimming zones, 1300 or so, and VA panel) and its on sale for $3999. I think the Q80 has significantly less dimming zones so you will get more blooming, less contrast, and it doesn’t seem to get as bright.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
That would be hot... i dont see it on Leons boxing day flyer however. The only $3299 TV i see in their flyer is 65" QN800 (8k).
Newbie
Nov 24, 2021
29 posts
47 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Paigne wrote: That would be hot... i dont see it on Leons boxing day flyer however. The only $3299 TV i see in their flyer is 65" QN800 (8k).
It's there. Different sizes and prices are printed "inside" the TVs.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1549 posts
2325 upvotes
George1616 wrote: I would get this one from Visions. It is open box but Visions doubles the warranty. Only 3 inches smaller but it is a QLED tv. https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/6 ... TA-OPENBOX
That's a q60 not near the same quality. For qleds you really need q80 and up to be justified or q70 bare minimum in my opinion. Otherwise stick to the series below q60, you'll save money and arguably have similar quality
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2010
552 posts
505 upvotes
Guelph
jamessh1 wrote: Not a bad deal! I’d personally be looking toward the Q85A in the 85”, and attempting to negotiate a deal at visions If your in the Prairies or West - Q85A is a software limited version of the flagship Q90A (same number of dimming zones, 1300 or so, and VA panel) and its on sale for $3999. I think the Q80 has significantly less dimming zones so you will get more blooming, less contrast, and it doesn’t seem to get as bright.
The 85" VA panel is indeed super promising. Wish there where actual reviews of the 85" Q85A and direct comparisons to a Q90A. Hopefully can score a good deal soon.
Newbie
Mar 26, 2017
55 posts
137 upvotes
They seem to indicate no delivery. Is that true? How does one pick up an 85" TV from the store, typically (don't have a truck).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 24, 2002
3625 posts
1378 upvotes
BC
jamessh1 wrote: Not a bad deal! I’d personally be looking toward the Q85A in the 85”, and attempting to negotiate a deal at visions If your in the Prairies or West - Q85A is a software limited version of the flagship Q90A (same number of dimming zones, 1300 or so, and VA panel) and its on sale for $3999. I think the Q80 has significantly less dimming zones so you will get more blooming, less contrast, and it doesn’t seem to get as bright.
This. I own the the QN85A 85" and coming from a 65" plasma it was big step up. IMO OLED still frame judder at low FPS content like TV/Movies is what made me buy this TV.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 24, 2002
3625 posts
1378 upvotes
BC
JumpWire wrote: The 85" VA panel is indeed super promising. Wish there where actual reviews of the 85" Q85A and direct comparisons to a Q90A. Hopefully can score a good deal soon.
The difference is negligible. Do you want a super bright light cannon or a super, super bright light cannon? I compared them side by side in the showroom. After taking the 85" qn85a home I was really glad I didn't get the qn90a as this TV is for my master bedroom and at night I no longer need lamps running to get around the room.

It feels like this
Jr. Member
Dec 24, 2011
108 posts
36 upvotes
Ren wrote: The difference is negligible. Do you want a super bright light cannon or a super, super bright light cannon? I compared them side by side in the showroom. After taking the 85" qn85a home I was really glad I didn't get the qn90a as this TV is for my master bedroom and at night I no longer need lamps running to get around the room.

It feels like this
You know you can adjust brightness, right?
Jr. Member
Feb 10, 2009
119 posts
125 upvotes
Calgary
Ren wrote: This. I own the the QN85A 85" and coming from a 65" plasma it was big step up. IMO OLED still frame judder at low FPS content like TV/Movies is what made me buy this TV.
Weird coincidence, me as well! Came from a Panny 65VT60. 85QN85a has been awesome the last month...chose it for the same reason, seeing it as a awesome value QN90 (@85" only tho). Picked up from local retailer for 3700+tax. Visions was close, around 3800 about 2 weeks before Black Friday, so lower than 4000 is possible.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)