Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Leon's

Samsung Airborne Robot Vacuum (10W) - VR1AM7010UW

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2018 7:41 pm
Oct 23, 2018
277 posts
147 upvotes

[Leon's] Samsung Airborne Robot Vacuum (10W) - VR1AM7010UW

I was just browsing for a new furniture to replace our couch in the basement when i saw this.
I did not know samsung does robotic vacuum too!

Anyway, based on reviews, looks decent in cleaning, probably because of the fact that it has higher clearance between the floor as against the competitor.
Also the brush and suction looks solid and will really clean well upon visual inspection on the pictures.

Reviews to compare is here :
Samsung POWERbot R7010 vs The Competitors

It does not have wifi but it has remote control so all is good for me.
I bought this because i have hardwood and carpet combo in my living room and MOST of the time, my Bissel robotic vacuum got stucked.

Let's see if the "airborne" capability of this will be enough.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 4th, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer name
14 replies
Dec 10, 2012
602 posts
280 upvotes
GTA
I saw this too but read some of the review on amazon.com and was not impressed. If you decide to pull the trigger please let us know your comments
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
yeah i'm curious as it's pretty cheap for a vac with mapping. Mapping seems to be my big hurdle. The deebot I just got seems to get stuck every time thus defeating the purpose of 3am cleaning cycles.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Oct 23, 2018
277 posts
147 upvotes
hkhorace wrote: I saw this too but read some of the review on amazon.com and was not impressed. If you decide to pull the trigger please let us know your comments
yes i will, it will definitely replace my bissel, i have roomba 690 in the past and was not impressed, it always get stucked on weird places that it shouldn't be.
end up giving it to my parents house.

i missed on that Deebot on CT so i will try this one. the amazon.com reviews are very detailed and if you look at the reviews, overall, it is still a good buy i think.
let's see.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1513 posts
2127 upvotes
BC
Any idea on the Warranty, seeing as Samsung don't even have vacuums on their Canada website....?
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21784 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Does it fly? Why is it called the 'airborne vacuum'?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1513 posts
2127 upvotes
BC
Piro21 wrote: Does it fly? Why is it called the 'airborne vacuum'?
Only from the top of the stairs....
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
3474 posts
2697 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the Xiaomi Vacuum (V2 - S50) and it works pretty well. Not that great on the edges, but everything else works great. Navigates on its own and rarely gets stuck. I wanna try to get a Neato as they have better edge cleanups!
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2780 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote: Does it fly? Why is it called the 'airborne vacuum'?
because it sends all the dust airborne
Mar 6, 2013
398 posts
321 upvotes
Saint John, NB
I think this is part of the "12 deals of Christmas" that Leons is doing so I think this price is today only.
Images
  • unnamed.jpg
Dec 13, 2009
178 posts
171 upvotes
Seems like it was a terrible battery life compared to others in this price range... only 30-60 min
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
unstableconnection wrote: I have the Xiaomi Vacuum (V2 - S50) and it works pretty well. Not that great on the edges, but everything else works great. Navigates on its own and rarely gets stuck. I wanna try to get a Neato as they have better edge cleanups!
ah someone real with an s50. As far as Chinese brands go this one is supposed to be the bar? hows the mapping? can it laser map in the dark? I'm trying to find one with solid navigation since my main floor is choppy. If I don't need the mop would you suggest the original xiaomi mi or are there other features on the s50 that are worth it over the original? The deebot is really dumb with pathing and seems to get stuck. I doubt I can return it though as its CT.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Aug 4, 2008
56 posts
125 upvotes
I recently sold my R7070 (model with wifi). It takes quite a while for it to clean a room. The vacuum does not follow a specific pattern, it just randomly vacuums the room. If your plan is to have it run while you are at work then go ahead and get it but if you plan to be at home while it clean it can be pretty annoying to hear a vacuum run for 45min and run in every direction instead of moving in a straight line. The wifi version is pretty cool when it is done cleaning you get a notification with a map of the cleaning pattern of the vacuum, with that you have an idea if a room was clean or not.

Overall:
Cleanliness: 8/10
Efficiency: 5/10
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
3474 posts
2697 upvotes
Vancouver
The navigation is the bomb on this one. It goes around things and even manages to squeeze itself in & out of tight spots. No need for light and all that, there is an actual laser and it works! From what I know, the main difference is the mopping. I bought this coz I have hardwood floors.

Since I bought it around 6 months ago and with usage every few days, I have had to unstick it maybe 3 times.

This is what my map looks like - https://cl.ly/79c25675e15e - I had asked it to spot clean that box the last time, so it has been highlighted in the screenshot.
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3153 upvotes
Am I the only one who opened this thread curious about a vacuum that flies around and vacuums stuff? ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)