Expired Hot Deals

Leon's

Simmons Beautyrest Ultra Newton Firm Full Mattress (TWIN $ 269, TWIN XL 279, FULL $289, QUEEN $299, KING $449)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 3:56 pm
[OP]
Oct 5, 2008
234 posts
89 upvotes
North York

[Leon's] Simmons Beautyrest Ultra Newton Firm Full Mattress (TWIN $ 269, TWIN XL 279, FULL $289, QUEEN $299, KING $449)

Not sure if it is a price error, or just a normal sale, but the best price I could find from a bigbox retailer for a Full Mattress (Beautyrest) that is a hybrid of foam and coils. Originally $679?
https://www.leons.ca/products/beautyres ... l-mattress

Same price on https://www.furniture.ca/products/simmo ... l-mattress

Queen is only $10 more.

Boxset for a Full is $539.00 ($250 for spring box?)

We've slept on it for 4 nights now and have been pleasantly surprised at how deep we've been sleeping. Good price for a brand new mattress if you're looking, with free local delivery. I did a same day pickup and they tied it to the top of my car really well. Surprisingly well built, does not feel like a sub-$300 mattress.

Note: Mattresses are VERY subjective pieces of furniture. What works for one person might not work for you. You may hate a firm mattress. You may be willing to risk some local FB Market dealer for 'branded' mattresses too and find a slightly better price.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2984 posts
2273 upvotes
FREE local delivery for ALL orders over $498 before taxes! 
Feb 26, 2005
183 posts
65 upvotes
London
King size is about $50 away from free delivery and the delivery fee is $50. Make sure to add something cheap to your cart and you'll essentially be getting the extra item for free. I grabbed a mattress protector.
Apr 13, 2004
329 posts
262 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
At 660 coils this is a pretty low end mattress and the price reflects it. Maybe for a guest bedroom or for a special needs loved one who wets the bed frequently.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2003 posts
1107 upvotes
Coil counts doesnt tell the entire story.

Go to MattressUnderground and educate yourself if you're going that route
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1430 posts
908 upvotes
::2dFx:: wrote: At 660 coils this is a pretty low end mattress and the price reflects it. Maybe for a guest bedroom or for a special needs loved one who wets the bed frequently.
I dont know much about mattresses, but whats a decent coil count I should look for?
Jan 16, 2017
139 posts
146 upvotes
Thanks for posting.
Opened the link, saw the picture, quickly closed it, unfortunately not interested anymore in cheap mattresses for everyday use.
Jun 30, 2019
557 posts
1263 upvotes
texem71 wrote: Thanks for posting.
Opened the link, saw the picture, quickly closed it, unfortunately not interested anymore in cheap mattresses for everyday use.
Lol whats the difference between this and a 1k 2k mattress. Never had any problems.
Dec 15, 2017
507 posts
562 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Lol whats the difference between this and a 1k 2k mattress. Never had any problems.
the density and longevity of the foam.
Apr 11, 2020
232 posts
429 upvotes
miningminer wrote: the density and longevity of the foam.
Don't forget the name brand and special marketing. Worlds like adaptive, infused, pressure relief, cool sleep, etc all cost extra Money Bag Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20650 posts
8137 upvotes
Toronto
Would love to see what someone is buying instead of this

$300 for a twin is pricey IMO
RedFlagDeals Addict
Nov 24, 2014
93 posts
104 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Check stock levels before you order. Leon’s is notorious for selling items and then not delivering for months and months. I get the whole supply chain is in shambles because of Covid, but you also shouldn’t be promising a 6 week delivery when it’s really 6 months. If you need a mattress ASAP, order from elsewhere.
Jun 9, 2002
206 posts
127 upvotes
I have no qualms with Leon's business model, that's their prerogative.

But the mattress chicanery that goes on nowaday is just unacceptable. The manufacturer sells the same model to many different companies who give it names like "Newton" or what have you.

This is so that you can't find any corroborative reviews on how fast the middle of it started to sag.

Three suggestions for those buying spring coil mattresses:

1) If it's a mattress-in-a-box, don't buy it. Only buy the uncompressable types. They are by their very nature more hard wearing in the long run
2) You're not going to find a half-decent coil spring in twin for less than $400CAD no matter what anyone tells you
3) The thicker the better. If you buy a 12" mattress and it starts to sag after a short time, the effect will be a lot less noticeable than with an 8" model

In conclusion, don't buy any mattress from Leons if there are no reviews. They simply take old models with hundreds of reviews, disappear them, and re-insert them under a new name so that there are now no reviews.
Aug 24, 2016
749 posts
552 upvotes
Why would I buy this over cheap memory foam mattresses on Amazon with free delivery?
Nov 7, 2014
962 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mmagic888 wrote: I dont know much about mattresses, but whats a decent coil count I should look for?
660 coils is not a problem in itself. More expensive beds do not even list the materials they use anymore and are still sold by commission salesman. The industry has very much gone down the toilet.

Very very few vendors actually list the materials used.
Feb 18, 2020
42 posts
43 upvotes
I'm hoping this helps whoever is shopping for a mattress.

Whenever the Beautyrest GL5 goes on sale at Brick it is definitely worth the investment. My wife and I got ours 3 years ago for about $750 taxes in. It is by far the best mattress we ever slept on. Even after 3 years if one of us comes to sleep while the other is already sleeping it never wakes us up. It is still holding strong. Mind you I weigh around 210lbs as well so I'm on the heavy side.

Just my 2 cents.