[Leon's] [Visions] Sharp Aquos 55" 55N7004U $299 on BF

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2019 1:03 am
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2007
673 posts
468 upvotes
I'd prefer Vision over Leon's as it has no return policy.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14508 posts
4667 upvotes
Montreal
ohnoyuji wrote: Too bad, sharp 1-800 told me this TV ain't the Android OS, its Vidaa U platform. No buy.... because I can't save extra$ for tv box.
Not to mention losing an HDMI slot.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14508 posts
4667 upvotes
Montreal
GoldenKnight wrote: Sharp is owned by Hisense
It's crazy that Sharp are the low-end of the Hisense line.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1208 posts
277 upvotes
At one point, wasn't Sharp a mid-tier brand?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2165 posts
1624 upvotes
Canada
Warped wrote: At one point, wasn't Sharp a mid-tier brand?
Sharp tv in Japan is a complete beast...saw their 8k tv 2 years ago at bic camera. They sold the brand to hisense for US market
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1085 posts
750 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote: I bought this TV a week ago for $399 at SDM (with a 20X coupon ($280 net) which is a pretty good deal. The "smart" features are pretty lackluster. It has Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime Video, and a bunch of other terrible streaming apps that you can't uninstall (some Chinese streaming service for example).

The picture quality is good. Minimal dirty screen effect (less than my TCL 6 series) the HDR is pretty good too (no local dimming). 3x HDMI all support 4k 60fps.

Overall, it's a good, low budget tv with some solid, but basic features.
How big of a difference is between this and TCL 4 series?
May 10, 2010
523 posts
815 upvotes
London
achohan91 wrote: How big of a difference is between this and TCL 4 series?
I wouldn't know. I don't have the 4 series. But from comparing the specs, they have similar feature. The advantage that the TCL tv has over Sharp, is the smart os. TCL is running Roku which is MUCH more robust than whatever Sharp has on theirs (Sharp TV's are just rebranded Highsense tv's, with a more limited OS)

Other than that, as far as I can tell, they're pretty much the same. I'm not sure if the TCL 4 series has a better display than the 6 series, but my TCL has some pretty noticeable dirty screen effect, my Sharp has practically none.
May 10, 2010
523 posts
815 upvotes
London
SCOPster wrote: Does it have voice control?
If you enable Alexa, you can use voice control through your phone app i think. I don't use it though.
Nov 28, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
chronopolis wrote: Not a bad deal. Superstore will sell the same tv on black friday. Can price match on their no tax day and pay $299 + $25 eco fee all in. $324
That's what i did this morning at RCSS
Paid only $299
No eco fee or HST
Nov 28, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote: If you enable Alexa, you can use voice control through your phone app i think. I don't use it though.
I added alexa but I could not use voice control
Jun 2, 2013
31 posts
19 upvotes
North Vancouver
Octane7 wrote: That's what i did this morning at RCSS
Paid only $299
No eco fee or HST
You got a better deal than me. They added the eco fee as it is mandatory in BC.
Images
  • IMG-20191129-WA0025.jpeg
Apr 5, 2017
621 posts
431 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Nice PM at Superstore trick, isn't sale price there $399? Jokes on me, I woke up at 5am, waited in a line outside in the cold and paid the $324 all in. They only had 4 in stock, and I'm waiting to pick mine up when the store gets it. Also grabbed a 40" 1080HD LED Proscan for $155 I can gift to someone with a $25 firestick.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)