• Mar 18th, 2019 10:10 pm
Tags:
40 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1663 posts
209 upvotes
Hamilton
At that price magic butter machine can do more product.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19983 posts
6123 upvotes
$200ish for a unitasker?
I'd rather throw the money towards a sous vide and a vacuum packer.
Nov 23, 2017
311 posts
729 upvotes
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 12:51 am
At that price magic butter machine can do more product.
Yes, I think the Levo only allows 7g at a time, I know you can do an Oz with the magic butter maker. But the downside is that you have to strain the bud out your oil/butter with the magic butter machine. Apples to apples It’s definitley more of a PITA than the Levo. I wouldn’t recommend either machine IMO, they are way too expensive for their limited functionality.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Mar 8th, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2017
311 posts
729 upvotes
This is a good price for this machine, but I wouldn’t really recommend it. This model does a great job with oil and butter as the bud is held in a metal basket like a tea infuser (very small) , but the one huge downside is that it does not decarboxylate, so you either need to do so in an oven or use a different machine like the ardent lift.

My advice is to skip all of the unitaskers and buy an immersion circulator. You can decarboxylate, infuse, and you can also use it for making food or other things. Best part is that if you use vacuum bags and mason jars there’s zero smell, which none of these machines can claim.

If you are interested, this site is a good place to start
https://www.sousweed.com/blog/2015/6/13 ... bis-butter

I own a Levo 2 and it works really well. It’s expensive but it infuses oil, decarboxylates and and cures bud.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18650 posts
5308 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Crappy old slow cooker does the same job for free/extremely cheap.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1663 posts
209 upvotes
Hamilton
Looks cool,
But I find the MBM, does a pretty good job with smell.
I also like the fact that it pulverizes the bud, so more stuff is exposed for infusion.
I seen the ads for that decarb machine but it was way more expensive. It would definitely do a good job for decarbing but small batch. I'd rather do a large batch, put up with the decarb smell and get the job done. All these products still better than ole daze, a rolling boil and reeking your whole place out.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
[OP]
Dec 27, 2018
26 posts
17 upvotes
I here ya. The look of the Levo is better in my opinion. I caught a buzz once standing over a pan making brownies. Not good because one, I got high when i had to go out (lol) and two if I got high that means the thc was being burned off. I think the LEVO is good if edibles are your thing or you are having a party and want to share.
Sep 28, 2010
664 posts
132 upvotes
Surrey
What If I want to make full spectrum cbd oil, would any of these work? Or what do you guys recommend?
Nov 23, 2017
311 posts
729 upvotes
purplekush604 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 8:00 am
What If I want to make full spectrum cbd oil, would any of these work? Or what do you guys recommend?
Without a Tcheck I am not sure how you can verify what your are getting is full spectrum, but I would imagine any of the above methods/machines would work.

I tried my hand at making some, but since I do not have a Tcheck (can't justify the price), I don't have a way to know for sure how much of the other cannabinoids, are in my oil, so this is all based on "feel". I read that there's still some benefit to decarboxylating CBD bud, so I did a decarb and a 2 hour 45 min infuse cycle to 5g of Solei Free (CBD dominant strain) into about 250ml of oil.

I consumed about 50mg, and the effects were noticeable.
DuncanSpencer wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 7:53 am
I here ya. The look of the Levo is better in my opinion. I caught a buzz once standing over a pan making brownies. Not good because one, I got high when i had to go out (lol) and two if I got high that means the thc was being burned off. I think the LEVO is good if edibles are your thing or you are having a party and want to share.
I opened the lid of my levo 2 after a decarb and the resulting smoke/vapour that came out hit me pretty hard.
I think as long as you are decarbing/applying heat you are gonna get some THC loss.
That amount lost is probably negligible though, as even really crispy AVB still has decent amounts of THC in it.
Mar 6, 2005
426 posts
76 upvotes
I read that instant pot can do it too, any one?
Sep 15, 2013
14 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 12:57 am
$200ish for a unitasker?
I'd rather throw the money towards a sous vide and a vacuum packer.
This is exactly what I do, I decarb first inside bags being weighed down with knifes inside, then change the temp and add the decarbed weed into jars with coconut oil. Works really well. I can easily do 2oz at a time.
Nov 17, 2007
97 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Instant Pot Decarb:

Simplest method is to put 1oz into glass bowl, add 1 lb of butter or ghee. Place on trivet and add water to base of bowl. Cover with foil and pressure cook for 110 minutes. Natural release and let cool. Strain and you're good to go. Can be done with coconut oil or olive oil.

Fancier method does a 60 minute decarb in bowl as above. Spritz the decarbed cannabis with Everclear, if you can get it, or with high octane vodka. Let it dry then add oil or butter and give it another go under pressure for 60 more minutes. Apparently this takes the stink out and releases more of the good stuff.

Either way no stench.
Apr 4, 2018
66 posts
33 upvotes
I use a crockpot with olive oil and it does an awesome job.

What's the benefits of that machine?
Oct 19, 2007
779 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
stev7404 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 10:57 pm
I use a crockpot with olive oil and it does an awesome job.

What's the benefits of that machine?
Never did that before, how do you do it?