• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2019 2:56 pm
Tags:
Apr 4, 2018
72 posts
38 upvotes
fjanicki wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 11:28 pm
Never did that before, how do you do it?
I use usually 10 grams of medical Cannabis.

I put it in the Crockpot with 500ml of good quality Olive Oil for 6-8 hours at low. When done I use a sieve and remove the herbs and store the oil in the fridge.

5ml of that oil is my perfect dose.

Hope it helps.
Nov 23, 2017
430 posts
914 upvotes
slacker1 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 4:22 pm
Instant Pot Decarb:

Simplest method is to put 1oz into glass bowl, add 1 lb of butter or ghee. Place on trivet and add water to base of bowl. Cover with foil and pressure cook for 110 minutes. Natural release and let cool. Strain and you're good to go. Can be done with coconut oil or olive oil.

Fancier method does a 60 minute decarb in bowl as above. Spritz the decarbed cannabis with Everclear, if you can get it, or with high octane vodka. Let it dry then add oil or butter and give it another go under pressure for 60 more minutes. Apparently this takes the stink out and releases more of the good stuff.

Either way no stench.
Didn’t know you could “wet” decarb, have you tried it?

I have never tried the method where you spritz the weed with alcohol, I have heard good things about water curing, which is kind of similar. As it is my oils have a bit of a smell, so this might be worth a shot if it can help reduce the smell.
Oct 7, 2017
91 posts
260 upvotes
Guys sorry a little off topic, but can anyone recommend a website to buy seeds and grow tents. Thank you.
Mar 21, 2012
359 posts
139 upvotes
Edmonton
stev7404 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 11:36 pm
I use usually 10 grams of medical Cannabis.

I put it in the Crockpot with 500ml of good quality Olive Oil for 6-8 hours at low. When done I use a sieve and remove the herbs and store the oil in the fridge.

5ml of that oil is my perfect dose.

Hope it helps.
wait. You don't have to decarboxylate first? Does the same apply to pure CBD (no THC) strains? I've got some serious back, neck and shoulder pains and I don't want to be popping naproxen the rest of my life, but CBD oil is getting damn expensive.
Sep 15, 2013
21 posts
4 upvotes
Peterborough
ryanaz wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 6:16 pm
wait. You don't have to decarboxylate first? Does the same apply to pure CBD (no THC) strains? I've got some serious back, neck and shoulder pains and I don't want to be popping naproxen the rest of my life, but CBD oil is getting damn expensive.
Putting it in the crock pot for that amount of time, does the decarboxylizing:)
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1715 posts
254 upvotes
Hamilton
ryanaz wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 6:16 pm
Grow your own, it's actually legal now. Hehehe
Another tool for those aches is making canna cream.
When my back is killing me, topical cream helps me too.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
[OP]
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
Its true that you it can't be used to only decarb your weed, but with the OG version it does decarb and infuse in one step.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1715 posts
254 upvotes
Hamilton
Pupsik27 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 8:38 am
Guys sorry a little off topic, but can anyone recommend a website to buy seeds and grow tents. Thank you.
I've used growlights.ca and if your in Hamilton..he can do local pickup.
Now that's it's legal, Amazon Canada has some deals too.
Mar 21, 2012
359 posts
139 upvotes
Edmonton
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 11:46 pm
Grow your own, it's actually legal now. Hehehe
Another tool for those aches is making canna cream.
When my back is killing me, topical cream helps me too.
Do you have any leads on getting auto flowering high CBD low THC seeds? Lowest ive found is <5% THC, but I'm looking for <1% THC ideally. I know you folks love the stuff, but i've got too much going on currently to be couch-ridden. Just looking for pain relief here.
Last edited by ryanaz on Mar 13th, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1715 posts
254 upvotes
Hamilton
ryanaz wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 10:46 am
Do you have any leads on getting auto flowering high CBD low THC seeds? Lowest ive found is <5% THC, but I'm looking for <1% THC ideally. I know you folks love the stuff, but i've got too much going on currently to couch-ridden. Just looking for pain relief here.
Many years ago, I lived in Edmonton and off of White Ave, there was a headshop that sold seeds.
You might be hard pressed to find Auto flower high CBD, low thc seeds.
Nov 23, 2017
430 posts
914 upvotes
Just an FYI to those in the thread looking to make edibles for the first time.

About the various decarboxylation methods, the general consensus based on what I have read online is that if you want whatever you are making to be more potent and maximize the amount of THC in the finished product, you need to decarboxylate. If you don’t decarb, you will still get some THC but you are not getting close to the theoretical maximum amount out of the bud (eg. 1g rated at 15-20% THC should yield 150-200mg of THC assuming a100% efficient decarb). CBD apparently needs to be decarbed, the same way THC does in order to get maximum effects.

There’s a fair bit of misinformation out there, For instance reading the ardent lift website makes you feel like if you use anything other than their product you will end up with garbage results. I’m not really sure the people writing these guides are totally qualified In most cases

I think that when it comes to edibles gauging or having at least an idea of the actual amount of THC in the end product you use is important because you you don’t feel the effects right away, and depending on your tolerance a 10 or so extra milligrams (of THC) can make the difference between a good time and a scary experience.

Basically do your own research, and decide what’s best for you.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 11:57 am
Just an FYI to those in the thread looking to make edibles for the first time.

About the various decarboxylation methods, the general consensus based on what I have read online is that if you want whatever you are making to be more potent and maximize the amount of THC in the finished product, you need to decarboxylate. If you don’t decarb, you will still get some THC but you are not getting close to the theoretical maximum amount out of the bud (eg. 1g rated at 15-20% THC should yield 150-200mg of THC assuming a100% efficient decarb). CBD apparently needs to be decarbed, the same way THC does in order to get maximum effects.

There’s a fair bit of misinformation out there, For instance reading the ardent lift website makes you feel like if you use anything other than their product you will end up with garbage results. I’m not really sure the people writing these guides are totally qualified In most cases

I think that when it comes to edibles gauging or having at least an idea of the actual amount of THC in the end product you use is important because you you don’t feel the effects right away, and depending on your tolerance a 10 or so extra milligrams (of THC) can make the difference between a good time and a scary experience.

Basically do your own research, and decide what’s best for you.
Good advice Kimwoo. I get crushed by edibles, so I am fine with not double de-carbing. Hey how much ABV would you use per regular gram? Or do you just experiment?
Nov 23, 2017
430 posts
914 upvotes
DuncanSpencer wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 8:47 am
Good advice Kimwoo. I get crushed by edibles, so I am fine with not double de-carbing. Hey how much ABV would you use per regular gram? Or do you just experiment?
Since what I vape is all over the place in terms of potency and I usually only use small amounts of each strain, I estimate that my AVB probably averages 15% THC, and that at least 40% of that has been consumed.
So on a gram I probably get 90mg of THC assuming everything else works 100%. The end product is pretty unreliable though, because there's 1:1 stuff, and CBD dominant stuff in there too. So I err on the side of caution, increasing the dose 10mg (based on my horrible unverified calculations) at a time.

Typically when I make edibles I use new bud, its easier to dose I think.
I use the most potent strains that I can buy in bulk from MOMs at an affordable price.

My oils average like 4-6~ mg/ml (unverified), there's a dosing chart on leafly or somewhere that has guidelines.
Using that chart, and based on what I give people, or I consume, I'd say my calculations are usually pretty close.

I probably should buy a tcheck though lol.