Expired Hot Deals

Levo Oil Infuser for Edibles

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2019 2:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 9:53 am
Since what I vape is all over the place in terms of potency and I usually only use small amounts of each strain, I estimate that my AVB probably averages 15% THC, and that at least 40% of that has been consumed.
So on a gram I probably get 90mg of THC assuming everything else works 100%. The end product is pretty unreliable though, because there's 1:1 stuff, and CBD dominant stuff in there too. So I err on the side of caution, increasing the dose 10mg (based on my horrible unverified calculations) at a time.

Typically when I make edibles I use new bud, its easier to dose I think.
I use the most potent strains that I can buy in bulk from MOMs at an affordable price.

My oils average like 4-6~ mg/ml (unverified), there's a dosing chart on leafly or somewhere that has guidelines.
Using that chart, and based on what I give people, or I consume, I'd say my calculations are usually pretty close.

I probably should buy a tcheck though lol.
You are dropping some serious edible knowledge here. I'll be honest I do like the surprise when you make a batch that's a little too powerful, however, as I get older and cough...cough a little more responsible I do want something more predictable. But I don't make them enough to buy a tcheck. Just curious, I heard that the Magical Buttter Machine produces oil/butter with a bit more of a funky cannabis taste. Maybe because it agitates the herb? Thoughts here?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
999 posts
1990 upvotes
DuncanSpencer wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 12:53 pm
Just curious, I heard that the Magical Buttter Machine produces oil/butter with a bit more of a funky cannabis taste. Maybe because it agitates the herb? Thoughts here?
I think the product coming out of a MBM would definitely taste more funky. Looking at MBM videos on YT you’ll see that it spins the herb and oil mixture around inside the machine, at the end you have to strain the herb from the oil through a sack.

What’s good is that there is more surface area exposed and you probably get a better infusion, plus the really fine stuff like the kief, or whatever has been broken down by the spinning motion probably slips through the mesh and ends up into the final product. I’m sure it does a fantastic job of getting you medicated, but the taste probably suffers as a result.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
1805 posts
295 upvotes
Hamilton
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 3:04 pm
I think the product coming out of a MBM would definitely taste more funky. Looking at MBM videos on YT you’ll see that it spins the herb and oil mixture around inside the machine, at the end you have to strain the herb from the oil through a sack.

What’s good is that there is more surface area exposed and you probably get a better infusion, plus the really fine stuff like the kief, or whatever has been broken down by the spinning motion probably slips through the mesh and ends up into the final product. I’m sure it does a fantastic job of getting you medicated, but the taste probably suffers as a result.
Oil infused from the MBM might be funky straight up. If I take str8 oil I use my capsule maker machine and pop the capsules, no taste at oil. As for using the oil in edibles, it depends on the recipe because most of my edibles, you don't taste the canna green.
MBM maximizes the the, due to the heat, timing and pulverizing the bud for Max exposure.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 28, 2005
3891 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I use a toaster oven rewired to a PID temperature controller. Put ground cannabis in a mason jar decarb at 115C for 45min. Remove from oven let jar cool open jar use enough coconut oil to allow cannabis to swish in the jar. Infuse at 94C for two hours, then I infuse at 85C for 8 to 12 hrs. I use strains with at least 20 to 22 % THC. I put the oil in capsules and on avrage I use between 8 to 10 drops per cap and get a really good high.
The oven I use:
Image
This page shows the data for decarbing with sealed jars:
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/ano ... t-23884852
Levo 2 potency hack:
You say get high, I say hello!
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 3:35 pm
Oil infused from the MBM might be funky straight up. If I take str8 oil I use my capsule maker machine and pop the capsules, no taste at oil. As for using the oil in edibles, it depends on the recipe because most of my edibles, you don't taste the canna green.
MBM maximizes the the, due to the heat, timing and pulverizing the bud for Max exposure.
When you use the capsules are they hard on stomach? I've tried oil straight up or in a coffee but sometimes it hurts my stomach.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
edgedamage wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 12:28 am
I use a toaster oven rewired to a PID temperature controller. Put ground cannabis in a mason jar decarb at 115C for 45min. Remove from oven let jar cool open jar use enough coconut oil to allow cannabis to swish in the jar. Infuse at 94C for two hours, then I infuse at 85C for 8 to 12 hrs. I use strains with at least 20 to 22 % THC. I put the oil in capsules and on avrage I use between 8 to 10 drops per cap and get a really good high.
The oven I use:
Image
This page shows the data for decarbing with sealed jars:
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/ano ... t-23884852
Levo 2 potency hack:
Thanks for the vid about the hack. I wonder if that pod works like a vaporizer in the sense that you should remove the pod half way through and stir the material. That would expose the inside herb to the outside and make sure that everything is used? I heard an old hack was to just remove the oil you did in the first cycle, and put the cannaoil back into the machine for round 2. That would maximize the potency. But like as kimwoo mentioned you would still be guessing at the thc etc without a tcheck.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
999 posts
1990 upvotes
That magnet thing he was talking about is actually what agitates the oil, it spins as the machine does its thing.
If you put that over mesh, I think over time you might damage the little magnetic thing because it will be rotating over the rough surface of the mesh, instead of the pot.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
1805 posts
295 upvotes
Hamilton
DuncanSpencer wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 8:31 am
When you use the capsules are they hard on stomach? I've tried oil straight up or in a coffee but sometimes it hurts my stomach.
Never noticed but I've got an iron stomach. I've hard opposite fm ppl that take them as it doesn't bother them and no regurge as far as taste goes.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 11:24 am
Never noticed but I've got an iron stomach. I've hard opposite fm ppl that take them as it doesn't bother them and no regurge as far as taste goes.
How long would it take to make lets say 50 capsules? And how long would they be good for?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1600 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
DuncanSpencer wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 8:31 am
When you use the capsules are they hard on stomach? I've tried oil straight up or in a coffee but sometimes it hurts my stomach.
Oil used to upset my stomach too but if you continue for a couple of days it goes away.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
1805 posts
295 upvotes
Hamilton
DuncanSpencer wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 8:56 pm
How long would it take to make lets say 50 capsules? And how long would they be good for?
Depends on your speed, maybe 10mins...my press thingy does 25 at a time.
I keep them in the fridge , so long time
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
CouponKindaGuy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 10:10 pm
Depends on your speed, maybe 10mins...my press thingy does 25 at a time.
I keep them in the fridge , so long time
And how long would one capsule keep you medicated for?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2004
1805 posts
295 upvotes
Hamilton
DuncanSpencer wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 2:10 pm
And how long would one capsule keep you medicated for?
I usually do 1 or 2, but depends if thc or cbd. Avg 4 hours.
But everyone is different and depends on strength.
Edibles is always trial and error.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨

Top