• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 9:27 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2007
458 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
McLaren wrote: Green Bay Tire is pretty cheap for install.

Street Address:
60 Green Lane
29-31
Thornhill, ON

(905) 881-0548

just came back from these guys. $12/tire. I had all seasons on my 15" rims, they removed the all seasons and installed summer tires. there is approx 8 bays that i could see tons of people working. 6 bays were full of hondas/toyotas and bmws they were fast and even though only 1 guy can speak english they were able to relay info about using hub centric rings. cost me $7 a piece, usually 9+tax at canadian tire. it was a rainy day today so it wasn't busy. Im happy with service and install.
May 4, 2004
511 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
fuzionx23 wrote: just came back from these guys. $12/tire. I had all seasons on my 15" rims, they removed the all seasons and installed summer tires. there is approx 8 bays that i could see tons of people working. 6 bays were full of hondas/toyotas and bmws they were fast and even though only 1 guy can speak english they were able to relay info about using hub centric rings. cost me $7 a piece, usually 9+tax at canadian tire. it was a rainy day today so it wasn't busy. Im happy with service and install.

Are there any similar places west of Toronto? Is that true that costco install/balance tires only if you purchase tires from them?

fuzionx23: so the $12/tire include remove old tires, install and balance new tires? Any disposable fee? Is appointment required?

Thank you.
Aug 30, 2010
987 posts
82 upvotes
Any updates for these? Best places in the GTA, specifically Scarborough.
Feb 23, 2013
499 posts
50 upvotes
NORTH YORK
RPM Automotive does a good job and never charges me extra fees. $15/tire for tire change, balancing, and installation. $20/set of 4 for changing tires with rims.

Highway 7 and Keele St
435 Bowes Rd, Unit 2
Vaughan, ON

(416) 858 6724
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1338 upvotes
AAA wrote: Are there any similar places west of Toronto? Is that true that costco install/balance tires only if you purchase tires from them?

fuzionx23: so the $12/tire include remove old tires, install and balance new tires? Any disposable fee? Is appointment required?

Thank you.
Check out MTC Tire in Oakville..

http://www.mtctire.ca/
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Banned
Mar 15, 2013
289 posts
27 upvotes
I need to mount some cheap 17" winter tires onto some cheap 17" aluminum rims. I am hoping to go somewhere that can do this for cheap, rather than the usual $20-$25 it costs per rim. I used to be able to get this done years ago for $10/rim for mount/balance. Any such place still exists?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27573 posts
12642 upvotes
Toronto
If you do find one, do post the shop's name. GL.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13061 posts
7132 upvotes
Toronto
it should be about $12-15 per wheel.

I don't think it varies much from shop to shop.

I would go to the closest one and be done with it rather than wasting time to save $10.

Get it done now before the rush (when snow hits)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18003 posts
4560 upvotes
Toronto
The original Tires Tires link didn't work. Here is the new one.

http://www.tirestiresltd.com/

Are they cheaper for the actual tires too?

Right now I have two different pairs of Michelin all seasons. I got just two last time, since I got a puncture in one. Michelin Harmony (good condition) and Michelin Primacy (need to be replaced). I'm thinking of going X-Ice Xi3 for $133 + $15 installation per tire = $148 per tire, plus $40 per steel wheel at Costco so total $188 installed per tire, minus $70 mail-in manufacturer rebate, unless it's cheaper to go with a place like Tires Tires. I believe Canadian Tire was $140 + 45 = $185, but AFAIK that doesn't include installation. I don't know how much CT charges for installation.

Toyota Prius 2004 - 185/65R15
Aug 31, 2013
17 posts
Toronto
anyone know anymore. Need my winter tires mounted on my rims I have now and balanced
Temp. Banned
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1928 upvotes
markham
gdurham wrote: anyone know anymore. Need my winter tires mounted on my rims I have now and balanced
wtf ...revising old thread...some of these places may be gone by now
Aug 31, 2013
17 posts
Toronto
cardguy wrote: wtf ...revising old thread...some of these places may be gone by now
Wtf look above who revised it..
Temp. Banned
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1928 upvotes
markham
looks like you...or you don't know that???
Aug 31, 2013
17 posts
Toronto
cardguy wrote: looks like you...or you don't know that???
You should cry a little more about it :)