Home & Garden

LF: Independent Installer for DSC Alarm Systems

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2018 5:28 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2006
121 posts
313 upvotes
GTA

LF: Independent Installer for DSC Alarm Systems

Can anyone recommend an independent installer in the GTA that can upgrade an existing DSC PC1550 system? I would like to leverage the existing wiring, while adding support for new wireless contacts, additional motion sensors, etc.
6 replies
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2006
121 posts
313 upvotes
GTA
Gee wrote: Do you have the master code?
Unfortunately no. Is there a default code that I can try to test out? What are the implications between having and not having the master code?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33227 posts
6905 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Inspectah wrote: Unfortunately no. Is there a default code that I can try to test out? What are the implications between having and not having the master code?
You need the master code to make any changes to the system. Adding a sensor (zone), changing the monitoring call centre etc.

Fortunately, I don't think it affects replacing a sensor.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2006
121 posts
313 upvotes
GTA
Gee wrote: You need the master code to make any changes to the system. Adding a sensor (zone), changing the monitoring call centre etc.

Fortunately, I don't think it affects replacing a sensor.
In lieu of having the master code, what are my options at this point? Should I just consider installing a new system?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33227 posts
6905 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Inspectah wrote: In lieu of having the master code, what are my options at this point? Should I just consider installing a new system?
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. A replacement control board is probably not too expensive. My guess would be less than $100. Your existing power supply, motion detectors, wiring etc can still be used.

I sent you a private message with the number of a local installer. Give them a call and they will come over and give you a free assessment. I think you should just replace the control board, get an Envisalink 4 module and forgo any paid monitoring.

One last thing. Don't use wireless sensors or contacts. You don't want to replace batteries. The new sensors and contacts available today are almost invisible and they are powered by the alarm system.
Newbie
Mar 1, 2017
67 posts
36 upvotes
My long time alarm guy should not have a problem. PM me and I will give you their info.

Top