LF: Inexpensive Sushi (NOT AYCE)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2009 11:42 am
Tags:
None
Jun 7, 2005
434 posts
Mississauga
+1. Order the chef special. It's $9.99 and you get tons of food!! sashimi, rolls, rice and shrimp tempura. Expect to wait a while for it though.

Free for everyone: salad, mussel soup, dragon roll, fried salmon, beans (edame), veggie congee, ice cream.

The chirashi sushi is also a bargain.

Get there early otherwise you may have to wait.

pauline9_2000 wrote: For inexpensive but really good sushi in Scarborough try Hanabi Sushi at Finch & Midland.

They are a very small restaurant, but they have fresh fish and good deals on lunch specials starting from $4.95.
E-Bay Feedback
HeatWare Feedback

WTB/WTTF: small garden shed.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1359 posts
10 upvotes
Scarborough
Sushi House on Kennedy & Ellesmere (Scarborough).

$13.95
20 - 25 pieces sushi/sashami (depending on which # you choose)
Choose of one these:
teriyaki chicken or beef
tempura
Comes with soup/salad and ice cream.
Aug 17, 2005
289 posts
go to new generation sushi. it is on bloor, just west of spadina. it's east of sushi on bloor.

lunch spechos are pretty good, as well as dinner entrees. i really like they're bento boxs. for about $10 + tax + tip, u get SOO Much foood.

quality is average, but food freshness is superbe due to the high volumes. it opens till late. like 2-3am.

493 bloor street west.

416-963-8861
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2489 posts
60 upvotes
Sushi Train.. just eat less teehee.
It's on bloor/yonge and they have a conveyor belt which moves the sushi around and you pay for what you ate.

Address
(750 Yonge Street, at left)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5573 posts
182 upvotes
Scarborough
Siefer999 wrote: dundas and st. patrick st. downtown toronto

i believe they are called Gallery Sushi
EDIT: yes they are called that http://www.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=galle ... l&ct=title

the one thats part of the Village by the Grange building. not the one in the food court. not the one across the street

they have sushi takeout special
2 rolls (6 pieces each roll)

Your choice of:
-advacado
-tempura shirmp
-crab salad
-california
-yam
-cucumber
-and others that i cant remember

$4.83+tax= $5.50

freshly prepared when you order it. not prepackaged like other places. very friendly staff. real japanese people work there.
Are you sure they offer 12 pieces of Maki??? Because to me 2 rolls would imply those 2 of those cone shape ones...
RZ5 3600X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|MS Ergo KB 4k|Evoluent VM4R|Oculus Rift S
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12840 posts
1174 upvotes
coldpower27 wrote: Are you sure they offer 12 pieces of Maki??? Because to me 2 rolls would imply those 2 of those cone shape ones...
they arent the cone shaped ones. they are 6 individual pieces cut from each roll
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5573 posts
182 upvotes
Scarborough
cchiu wrote: +1. Order the chef special. It's $9.99 and you get tons of food!! sashimi, rolls, rice and shrimp tempura. Expect to wait a while for it though.

Free for everyone: salad, mussel soup, dragon roll, fried salmon, beans (edame), veggie congee, ice cream.

The chirashi sushi is also a bargain.

Get there early otherwise you may have to wait.
Yeah I tried out the Hanabi Sushi and ordered the California Roll's not bad for 5.95 + tax, paid $8 total and got all of the above, except the soup was something like Miso but with a few added ingredients and only a small Candy instead of ice cream.

Very good value for your dollar place..
RZ5 3600X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|MS Ergo KB 4k|Evoluent VM4R|Oculus Rift S
Feb 23, 2009
7 posts
I tried looking for this place and can't find it in the plaza there anymore. Anyone knows where it moves to?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10585 posts
1337 upvotes
Brampton
AirBosh wrote: Sushi House on Kennedy & Ellesmere (Scarborough).

$13.95
20 - 25 pieces sushi/sashami (depending on which # you choose)
Choose of one these:
teriyaki chicken or beef
tempura
Comes with soup/salad and ice cream.
Is this place still around? Sounds pretty good. Wondering about Hanabi too ^^^^^
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4432 posts
1010 upvotes
girlstar wrote: http://www.sushionbloor.com

Lunch specials are AMAZING - $5.99 for 12 huge rolls mmmmmmm I love Sushi On Bloor lol. And when it's not the lunch special time (till 5) it's still amazing!
Is just two rolls even filling?

I tried Big Sushi across the street at 388 Bloor St. West. Go for one of their combination bento lunch takeout specials. I went for "Bento A" which came with chicken teriyaki, vegetable tempura, California roll, miso soup, salad and rice -- $8.99 after taxes (their paper takeout menu lists higher prices but in the restaurant the prices are listed lower and you'll be charged the lesser amount).
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11357 posts
1390 upvotes
The GF and I love going to New Generation Sushi on Bloor. Its pretty cheap and we like it. Love the free ice cream with dinner as well!
Nov 30, 2006
323 posts
chnstud wrote: I tried looking for this place and can't find it in the plaza there anymore. Anyone knows where it moves to?
unless they went out of business in the past week, it's still there right on the north west corner of the plaza.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2786 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
Theres a all u can eat sushi resturant at yonge and dundas. I think beside or around the zanibar area. All u can eat for $13.99 which is an awesome price. Sushi is good, tempura not so good. The place looks really sketchy but imo, 13.99 is a good deal. Around lunch/dinner time, the place packs up real fast.

theres also this store at queen and spadina called ajisa? something along the lines of aji. $20.99 all u can eat dinner, place looks nice, sushi good, service is good only problem is language barriers.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5507 posts
272 upvotes
Mississauga
congeetime wrote: Theres a all u can eat sushi resturant at yonge and dundas. I think beside or around the zanibar area. All u can eat for $13.99 which is an awesome price. Sushi is good, tempura not so good. The place looks really sketchy but imo, 13.99 is a good deal. Around lunch/dinner time, the place packs up real fast.

theres also this store at queen and spadina called ajisa? something along the lines of aji. $20.99 all u can eat dinner, place looks nice, sushi good, service is good only problem is language barriers.
OP is asking for non-AYCE..