LF: Review of New AYCE japanese restaurant below Pacific Mall

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2006 12:39 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 6, 2004
238 posts

LF: Review of New AYCE japanese restaurant below Pacific Mall

Anyone been to this place yet? good deal for lunch. 10.99 + 20% off. wondering about the quality. :confused:
76 replies
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
you should go and review it for us.

it's probably AVERAGE. nothing spectacular. just food that fills your tummy and you will forget about it soon after.

if you want spectacular food, go to a pricier restaurant- no buffet, no AYCE.
Jul 25, 2005
260 posts
1 upvote
i thought below pacific = parking lot, stinky toilet, and crappy furniture store?
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
I think that he's referring to new AYCE at Kennedy & Denison.
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
someone post a picture an address and i'll see if its worth going to this weekend.
☆The GTA's Finest All You Can Eat Sushi Reviews☆

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
keanefan wrote:I think that he's referring to new AYCE at Kennedy & Denison.
He could also be referring to the new one at Old Kennedy and Steeles. It just sprouted up in the same plaza next to Wendy's/Tim Hortons. Its called Japan Fusion.
Sep 6, 2004
238 posts
nono, im referring to the night club that ran out of business and now a new AYCE japanese restaurant moved in. its on the steeles side at pacific. beside the entrance with the escalators :cheesygri didnt catch the name of the place
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
Damn the Japanese resto competition is fierce.. good for the consumer i guess
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
[QUOTE]He could also be referring to the new one at Old Kennedy and Steeles. It just sprouted up in the same plaza next to Wendy's/Tim Hortons. Its called Japan Fusion.[/QUOTE]

are you talking about the new, recently finished plaza near Steeles & Silver Star (near No Frills)?

If yes- do you know what other restaurants or businesses are in that plaza?

I saw the sign for a Sichuan restaurant.

Japan Fusion is open now?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
keanefan wrote:Japan Fusion is open now?
Hard to tell.. there is a big sign that says OPEN, but some characters in Chinese saying something. The interior looks pretty nice when I peeked in last week.
I tried the Sichuan Restaurant on the weekend... it was horrible.. and thats being polite.
Oct 4, 2004
380 posts
Markham, ON
lumlum1013 wrote:where below pacific?

You know where was Drop Zone/Room 19??? The New Jap Restaurant is located at that location!!! It use to be the clubbing area!!! on the outside of P-Mall facing Steeles!!!
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
civic6url wrote:You know where was Drop Zone/Room 19??? The New Jap Restaurant is located at that location!!! It use to be the clubbing area!!! on the outside of P-Mall facing Steeles!!!
thats a pretty big jap restaurant then..and a lot of rennovation work
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
gilboman wrote:thats a pretty big jap restaurant then..and a lot of rennovation work
where will the 14 year olds drink and dance now?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
ferkel wrote:where will the 14 year olds drink and dance now?
Viva? :lol: :lol:
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
ferkel wrote:where will the 14 year olds drink and dance now?

they are drinking and trying to stand still........

c'mon, 14 yr old hongers have the tolerance of a fart in the wind....

hello D.U.I.

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2004
6724 posts
69 upvotes
ct976 wrote:Anyone been to this place yet? good deal for lunch. 10.99 + 20% off. wondering about the quality. :confused:
yeah i drove by it the other day and saw it at Pacific. 10.99 lunch + 20% off I will go there tomorrow and try it out!
Innovatively Silent. :cool:
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2788 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I just had lunch there today with a friend, and overall it was pretty good. All the sushi we ordered seemed really fresh, we also ordered some salmon teriyaki (which my friend said was good), chicken teryiaki which was pretty good, bbq pork udon which was also good. The staff was pretty friendly, they kept comming back asking if we wanted to order more food and it looks quite nice inside. However, I can't compare to anywhere else because this is my first time eating japanese ayce, and it's been a while since I've eaten any japanese food altogether...

I'd recommend going there especially while the 20% off lasts...
Heatware: spikyazn (11-0-0)
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
sPiKyAZN wrote: However, I can't compare to anywhere else because this is my first time eating japanese ayce, and it's been a while since I've eaten any japanese food altogether...

hmm, well i guess for under $10, you can't really go wrong, but Japanese food and ayce in general, new places can really be poor starting out..

btw, has anyone been to tokyo teppanyaki in a while? i have been only once after i wrote my initial review and i'd like some ikura.......

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2692 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
trueno92 wrote:btw, has anyone been to tokyo teppanyaki in a while? i have been only once after i wrote my initial review and i'd like some ikura.......
I went there a few weeks ago and it's still good :)
Sep 6, 2004
238 posts
sPiKyAZN wrote:I just had lunch there today with a friend, and overall it was pretty good. All the sushi we ordered seemed really fresh, we also ordered some salmon teriyaki (which my friend said was good), chicken teryiaki which was pretty good, bbq pork udon which was also good. The staff was pretty friendly, they kept comming back asking if we wanted to order more food and it looks quite nice inside. However, I can't compare to anywhere else because this is my first time eating japanese ayce, and it's been a while since I've eaten any japanese food altogether...

Sounds good. But is the $10.99 price Mon - Thurs only (just like all other AYCE) or does that apply to wkends too?

I better go there this wkend before the quality goes down!!!! :D