• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2006 12:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2004
6719 posts
60 upvotes
ct976 wrote:Anyone been to this place yet? good deal for lunch. 10.99 + 20% off. wondering about the quality. :confused:
yeah i drove by it the other day and saw it at Pacific. 10.99 lunch + 20% off I will go there tomorrow and try it out!
Innovatively Silent. :cool:
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2784 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
I just had lunch there today with a friend, and overall it was pretty good. All the sushi we ordered seemed really fresh, we also ordered some salmon teriyaki (which my friend said was good), chicken teryiaki which was pretty good, bbq pork udon which was also good. The staff was pretty friendly, they kept comming back asking if we wanted to order more food and it looks quite nice inside. However, I can't compare to anywhere else because this is my first time eating japanese ayce, and it's been a while since I've eaten any japanese food altogether...

I'd recommend going there especially while the 20% off lasts...
Heatware: spikyazn (11-0-0)
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
sPiKyAZN wrote: However, I can't compare to anywhere else because this is my first time eating japanese ayce, and it's been a while since I've eaten any japanese food altogether...

hmm, well i guess for under $10, you can't really go wrong, but Japanese food and ayce in general, new places can really be poor starting out..

btw, has anyone been to tokyo teppanyaki in a while? i have been only once after i wrote my initial review and i'd like some ikura.......
☆The GTA's Finest All You Can Eat Sushi Reviews☆

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2004
2690 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
trueno92 wrote:btw, has anyone been to tokyo teppanyaki in a while? i have been only once after i wrote my initial review and i'd like some ikura.......
I went there a few weeks ago and it's still good :)
[OP]
Sep 6, 2004
238 posts
sPiKyAZN wrote:I just had lunch there today with a friend, and overall it was pretty good. All the sushi we ordered seemed really fresh, we also ordered some salmon teriyaki (which my friend said was good), chicken teryiaki which was pretty good, bbq pork udon which was also good. The staff was pretty friendly, they kept comming back asking if we wanted to order more food and it looks quite nice inside. However, I can't compare to anywhere else because this is my first time eating japanese ayce, and it's been a while since I've eaten any japanese food altogether...

Sounds good. But is the $10.99 price Mon - Thurs only (just like all other AYCE) or does that apply to wkends too?

I better go there this wkend before the quality goes down!!!! :D
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3149 posts
480 upvotes
I believe that place is called SAKE. I thought it was a bar so I didn't check it out today... went to Rolling Pot instead where they "ran out" of tapoica =(
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4557 posts
191 upvotes
GTA
sPiKyAZN wrote:I just had lunch there today with a friend, and overall it was pretty good. All the sushi we ..
how much was dinner?
[OP]
Sep 6, 2004
238 posts
ferkel wrote:how much was dinner?
dinner is 18.99 + 20% off + 10% service charge
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
ct976 wrote:dinner is 18.99 + 20% off + 10% service charge
Can anyone provide a rundown of what they serve for dinner?

quality of sashimi/maki/temaki/cooked items?

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4557 posts
191 upvotes
GTA
umm.. this place is not a restaurant. its a snack bar... read the sign :razz:
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
ferkel wrote:umm.. this place is not a restaurant. its a snack bar... read the sign :razz:
which?????
im taking 2 bijin there tonite.

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2004
6719 posts
60 upvotes
I had lunch there today and while I did get my money's worth, the sushi was horrific. The interior design was upscale, but not *nice*, with pink walls and silver tones, with black tables & chairs - it did remind me of MHQ's contemporary styled design. I went with a friend during off-peak hours at 2:30pm and was surprised to be told that they were not serving lunch for another half an hour because all of their sushi bar chefs were on their lunch break. That was the most ridiculous thing we've ever heard. We decided to wait anyway since I was pegged on giving the sushi there a try, and 15 minutes later they were ready to serve us. The sushi comes out fast and the portions are good - but the first bite left alot to be desired.

Having frequented many of the most popular sushi establishments in toronto, this ranks as the worst I've ever tasted. I'm very unforgiving about restaurants that serve lukewarm (room temperature) sushi and the biggest surprise was the bland & watery taste of every meat we ate. Sushi is supposed to be left on ice, but they left theirs soaking in water which gave the meat a soft 'wet-cardboard' like feel when you bite into it, and a bland watery taste in your mouth which killed it for me. I also tried the tempura udon to find the noodles bland and the tempura dipping sauce completely watered down and tasteless. Nothing I ate wowed me, let alone would I consider half decent - except for the eel. Service, once it got going, was okay. The 10% mandatory service charge I did not agree with. It tends to make waiters not try as hard and the service sloppy, although it was actually okay today - once they started serving us... but I've had much better service elsewhere. It remains to be seen what the service is like when the place gets busy, but having already decided that I will never be going back, I don't care to know either.
Innovatively Silent. :cool:
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
Cafe_333 wrote:I had lunch there today and while I did get my money's worth, the sushi was horrific.
excellently harsh mini write up.

im guessing i'll take my japanese friends somewhere more respectable.

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
[OP]
Sep 6, 2004
238 posts
good writeup. my lunch plans will be changed this wkend :mad: