LF: Rotating sushi bars in GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2007 4:50 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2005
555 posts
2 upvotes
maggers wrote: Yes it is called Sushi Train. It's Korean Owned. The food is not bad but the staff can use some more training. They are a little disorganized. Interesting rolls. I;ve been there for lunch a few times. I went once at 12pm and there was little variety but as I was leaving they put out much more interesting food out. It is better to go at 1230-130pm
Paranoidandroid wrote: What is the price range of the plates? Haven't been to one in T.O.
I would like to know that as well.. and also how does it compare to Mochizuki in terms of:
- food quality
- price
- decor

I would like to take some friends there and try this out.. never been to a rotating sushi bar.

Thanksss :)
:)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
4 upvotes
Supershyguy wrote: Can you see if you can find more info on this? very interesting :)
I will answer my own question lol

Sushi Train

Address
750 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON

Phone
416-928-9423

Area
Yonge And Bloor
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
I walked by there a few weeks ago... I would also like to read about some reviews on this!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
4 upvotes
YLSF wrote: I walked by there a few weeks ago... I would also like to read about some reviews on this!
Just went there last night. lots of pictures.

The food is okay. price is pretty expensive.

Stuff is really friendly. I liked the service actually

Yellow - $2.00 (usually only one piece or sushi)
Green - $2.50 (usually 2-3 pieces or rolls)
Purple - $3.50 (2 pieces or sushi, or one piece or more expensive sushi)
Pink - $4.50?
Blue - $5.50
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4532 posts
59 upvotes
Supershyguy wrote: Just went there last night. lots of pictures.

Pink - $4.50?
Blue - $5.50
Expected range, but I have never seen plates with only one piece of sushi.. How big is the place? Alot of seats?

Oh and PICS NAO.
Apr 22, 2005
460 posts
19 upvotes
anyone find any more of these rotating sushi bars in the west end of the GTA?
Oct 14, 2005
359 posts
9 upvotes
East gwillimbury New…
springroll wrote: Yes, exactly.
Sometimes they are on little trains. There's one I've seen (not in Canada) that are on boats with actual water beneath them! :!:
Tsunami in Vancouver has it like that when I was there on vacation.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
4 upvotes
Paranoidandroid wrote: Expected range, but I have never seen plates with only one piece of sushi.. How big is the place? Alot of seats?

Oh and PICS NAO.
oh ya one piece of sushi on the $2 Plates. its kinda stupid.

but the place is pretty big.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4532 posts
59 upvotes
meh i've had better. a little pricey but then again there aren't many rotating sushi bars in TO
Feb 20, 2005
657 posts
2 upvotes
Supershyguy wrote: Just went there last night. lots of pictures.

Pink - $4.50?
Blue - $5.50
Just went the other day, the pink is usually 2 or 3 pieces of sashimi, blue are usually the special rolls or assorted tempura. They also try to have hot dishes like chicken terriyaki, deep fried potato, meat ball, skewers, gyoza and deep fried banana

The staff in there were really friendly, the nice part about the place is that you get your own individual water bar and miso soups are unlimited :) and if you don't see anything you like on the coveyor, you can always ask the chef to personalize for you, the owner and the chef there is korean, so they only speak okay english. The process of trying to wait for something you like is long tho...'cause you would just notice it's the same things over the over again...

The roll there taste alright, however, table of 2's bill came up to be $56 and we weren't really that satisfying full, probably 'cause we were spoiled by the usual AYCE Jap. But it was still worth a try, just to see all those sushi "float" around u.

Here's an article and a pic of the restaurant
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2006-1 ... eature.php
Jan 12, 2007
33 posts
Mochizuki is probably one of the best sushi place I've been to in GTA. Not because the rotating sushi bar thing, but because they serve fresh fish.

Their sushi is fresh and taste much better than most other sushi place. Usually they have special fish that are freshly shipped to them, and they serve you the entire fresh fish for you (Get rid of the bones and stuff but leave you with sashimi and the fish head nicely decorated on a plate). Their Hamachi is probably the best in GTA, fresh and tasty and leave that sweet aftertaste.

Although it's a rotating sushi bar, you don't have to "wait" for the chef to make the sushi you like. You can actually ask the chef to prepare the sushi you like for you at the same price. (Don't sit in dinner table for sushi, because they charge premium for it. So if it's 2 Hamachi for $4 on the bar, it will be probably $7 if you sit in dining table)

Remember to order Yaki Mussels as appetizer, it's really good.

Price wise it's pretty expensive. Perhaps $30-40 per person if you like sushi (not rolls). Their salad is good but a bit pricy. But in terms of quality and food it's in the top of my list.
Jan 18, 2007
124 posts
1 upvote
try FUNE downtown....or Yonge street (close to wellesley?) i forget the name of that one....basically u sit and pick what u want to eat off different coloured trays on a moving belt...kinda fun....can get pricy tho

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)