Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LG

2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 8:13 pm
Jan 23, 2013
21 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
cazzo1980 wrote: Same here. I have a 65" Samsung KS8000 on it now. Mount was bought from costco, think its a Kanto, anyone have any issues?
I had a 60" LG plasma on a wall mount and was able to re-use it but had to lower it 7". Also the bottom of the mounting bars that attach to the TV stuck out from the bottom of the TV by about 1 1/4" so I had to trim them off too.
Mar 7, 2011
267 posts
173 upvotes
Calgary
U4LIFE wrote: Not sure of the 55”, the 65” in edm was $2770+tx after some haggling.
I got the LG C8 65" for $2700+tax by getting price adjustment off of the Canada Computers/London Drugs advertised price over the weekend. Originally paid $2800 for the tv a month ago.
Jun 10, 2003
898 posts
856 upvotes
Can someone update the original thread to indicate the Visions with Hibbing's prices?
It is hard to get this information reading through the pages. I would like to head over to a store in the west GTA as I live too far outside of the Kennedy Visions.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
AddictedToTechnology wrote: I had a 60" LG plasma on a wall mount and was able to re-use it but had to lower it 7". Also the bottom of the mounting bars that attach to the TV stuck out from the bottom of the TV by about 1 1/4" so I had to trim them off too.
Sounds like a hassle. I have 6 huge bolts on my wall already just from the Samsung, moving it down and then cutting stuff off sounds like a bit much.

Need to think about it i guess, thx for the reply.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
softimage69 wrote: I was considering that stand, but ended up with this one from Best Buy as it was cheaper that week when I bought my TV.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/z- ... 65210.aspx?

According to Best Buy, my stand will be on sale at Black Friday for $129.99. Unfortunately, I cannot get my price adjusted from 199 to 129, as Best Buy doesn't do that. :rolleyes:
I didn't have any issue installing the 55" on this TV stand mount. The swivel has more range than I thought it would as well.
Just buy it again, and then return the new one with the old receipt. Pretty sure Best Buy doesn't track serial numbers.
Mar 7, 2018
56 posts
33 upvotes
wow page 224.

i went to BB today to check for q9fn 65, the best they offer is 3750....... which is not good.

seems like a mix review between q9fn and c8, any comment between the two?
Jan 23, 2013
21 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
cazzo1980 wrote: Sounds like a hassle. I have 6 huge bolts on my wall already just from the Samsung, moving it down and then cutting stuff off sounds like a bit much.

Need to think about it i guess, thx for the reply.
I hear you, but I figured I'd have to buy a new mount and install it at a different spot on the wall anyway so may as well adjust the one I have and just trim the mounting bars a bit. Unless you were thinking of a different TV and then it still may or may not work out.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
Marauder2k9 wrote: Hmm... something I haven't considered
Anyone in this thread reuse a previous mount for the OLED? any issues?
The Panasonic fz950 also has a lower mount, not as low as the Lg, but not center like my pioneer kuro was. Fortunately my mount had easy height adjust, so it’s still fine for me.
Apr 21, 2011
114 posts
36 upvotes
Kitchener
I don't think they offer that pricing anymore. Someone else bought the same TV as me at the same location and asked for the $1100 pricing, but was told that it's $1200. Still $100 cheaper than BF pricing, so I'm still satisfied.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
AddictedToTechnology wrote: I hear you, but I figured I'd have to buy a new mount and install it at a different spot on the wall anyway so may as well adjust the one I have and just trim the mounting bars a bit. Unless you were thinking of a different TV and then it still may or may not work out.
I went Samsung to Samsung on that mount, so it was all good. Also went Samsung to Sony over my fireplace and no issues there as well.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Jun 12, 2017
44 posts
13 upvotes
Hibbing wrote: The A9s potential has barely been touched.
Hmmm you got my attention there, any thoughts on what could possibly be expected ?
Sep 7, 2012
393 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
U4LIFE wrote: The Panasonic fz950 also has a lower mount, not as low as the Lg, but not center like my pioneer kuro was. Fortunately my mount had easy height adjust, so it’s still fine for me.
Good to know.
I should get a new mount anyway to move my existing TV upstairs, so I could just move everything upstairs and pick a mount that will work with the C8.

Lol, everything is telling me to get the C8 and return the Q8FN now... Analysis paralysis over here.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
264 upvotes
Burlington
softimage69 wrote: I was considering that stand, but ended up with this one from Best Buy as it was cheaper that week when I bought my TV.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/z- ... 65210.aspx?

According to Best Buy, my stand will be on sale at Black Friday for $129.99. Unfortunately, I cannot get my price adjusted from 199 to 129, as Best Buy doesn't do that. :rolleyes:
I didn't have any issue installing the 55" on this TV stand mount. The swivel has more range than I thought it would as well.
Should be able to price match/guarantee within 30 days if it goes on sale no? I can understand them saying no right now since it isn't actually on sale yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
Marauder2k9 wrote: Good to know.
I should get a new mount anyway to move my existing TV upstairs, so I could just move everything upstairs and pick a mount that will work with the C8.

Lol, everything is telling me to get the C8 and return the Q8FN now... Analysis paralysis over here.
I returned the Visio pq65 I just got a day ago from Costco. From what I understand similar picture to the Q8... I am just not an lcd person no matter how good they apparently are. I should have known better, all I have had is high end pioneer kuro plasmas.. once you are used to those kind of blacks, the only upgrade path is OLED.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1415 posts
260 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
U4LIFE wrote: I returned the Visio pq65 I just got a day ago from Costco. From what I understand similar picture to the Q8... I am just not an lcd person no matter how good they apparently are. I should have known better, all I have had is high end pioneer kuro plasmas.. once you are used to those kind of blacks, the only upgrade path is OLED.
Did you try it at all?
Dec 23, 2004
61 posts
7 upvotes
U4LIFE wrote: I should have known better, all I have had is high end pioneer kuro plasmas.. once you are used to those kind of blacks, the only upgrade path is OLED.
This.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1880 posts
1820 upvotes
Maple leafs
dan668 wrote: Did you try it at all?
All day yesterday. It was very nice for an lcd, but even even with the full array 192 zone backlight... it still isn’t as inky black as a good plasma or the oleds... plus honestly I don’t need 2000nits, my area is light controlled with blinds and no direct sunlight on the tv. Honestly was already happy with the brightness I got from the kuro, so the new oled is already lots.

Plus I was sorta dissapointed by the pro adjust settings on the Visio, and just wasn’t able to calibrate it how I wanted.

If you came from an lcd, the quantum dot tech will blow your socks off, but from a good plasma, it just didn’t do it for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)