Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LG

2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 8:13 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
Alexandero2 wrote: For the 55C8? Not true, I got a better price and that was from Visions.
Should have said somewhere around Slightly Smiling Face
Sep 24, 2010
246 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
Hibbing, any love for people in Calgary or Regina for this awesome pricing?
Jun 24, 2013
114 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
johnmaus wrote: I appreciate everyone's input. Haven't been in the market for a new tv for 10+ years. Currently using a 115lb. plasma Panasonic TC-P58V10. I think the wall would collapse if I tried to mount it.
Haha I'm in the same boat. Lurking here waiting for deals.
Jan 17, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Just picked up the Sony 65" X900F from Visions Brampton. Dropped the secret word "Hibbing" and they gave a fantastic price straight up. No haggling needed. Very happy.

I didn't ask about other TV prices, but I got that feeling that whatever TV I wanted, that they'd provide a special "Hibbing" price.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
johnmaus wrote: I appreciate everyone's input. Haven't been in the market for a new tv for 10+ years. Currently using a 115lb. plasma Panasonic TC-P58V10. I think the wall would collapse if I tried to mount it.
I had to search long and hard for a mount that could support my Panasonic plasma. It’s even heavier around 135lbs (TH-58PZ800U) and I’m looking to replace it with the 65 or 77 C9 which is like a quarter of the weight, lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
airmin98 wrote: Does anyone know if I can setup VPN on the LG 65c8? Thanks
yeah I wonder, I have the PIA VPN and if I could maybe use it to access US netflix ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7248 posts
1322 upvotes
London
Derko wrote: Hibbing, any love for people in Calgary or Regina for this awesome pricing?
Unfortunately no.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11163 upvotes
When pricing is on, is it possible to get a quote by calling in? I am 45 minutes from the closest store and certainly will drive to make the purchase, but would like to know the price before I travel.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2843 posts
2536 upvotes
Ontario
Burn in is the main reason I'm considering a Q9 over OLED. I've used a plasma without issue but never as my main tv all day.
I'm probably just paranoid but I can't imagine losing a $3500 TV to burn in
Jul 3, 2017
59 posts
57 upvotes
Research into the difference between image retention and burn in.

Rtings did a test on burn in. Unless you watch CNN for 8 hours a day for a year, or any content with a static image for 8 hours a day for a year, burn in is not an issue.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11163 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote: Burn in is the main reason I'm considering a Q9 over OLED. I've used a plasma without issue but never as my main tv all day.
I had a 9th Gen Kuro, which never had any burn in or even noticeable image retention, and AN F8500, which had image retention all the time, but never permanently. Usually went away as soon as the screen moved again.

After my F8500 suffered an unfortunate accident, I instantly went to look at OLED TVs as I was used to the best of the best PQ. I just couldn't justify the price as IMO the PQ still didn't match what I was used to with high end plasma. Yes 4k is crisp and HDR is bright, but it still lacks that true richness that IMO only plasma ever did right.

I ended up going with a mid range NU8000, and could not be happier. PQ is good enough, software is great and even though it was never an issue in the past I am very glad to ha e zero concerns about burn in as my 6yo loves to leave things paused when he wants to do something else but then go back to a show. With OLED I would be worried all day every time it happens.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2843 posts
2536 upvotes
Ontario
bobo1234 wrote: Research into the difference between image retention and burn in.

Rtings did a test on burn in. Unless you watch CNN for 8 hours a day for a year, or any content with a static image for 8 hours a day for a year, burn in is not an issue.
I absolutely get it, and I'm not the guy to argue that it's a big issue. I'm a worry-wort and I'll be paranoid forever.
I watch a ton of sports and I worry about the "ticker" band, curling rings, etc.
Jul 19, 2009
154 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
CaptainCrash wrote: Burn in is the main reason I'm considering a Q9 over OLED. I've used a plasma without issue but never as my main tv all day.
Exactly my concern! I loved Q9 but am unable to pull the trigger for an almost 4000$ (tax in) price tag.
Waiting for lotto max lucky number lol.

I am a worry wort and one of those who buys extended warranty to live worry free. Q9 is beautiful. Even NU8000 inside the “frame” model looks slick.
Jan 17, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: When pricing is on, is it possible to get a quote by calling in? I am 45 minutes from the closest store and certainly will drive to make the purchase, but would like to know the price before I travel.
I tried calling Visions yesterday to get a price because I'm 1hr 15mins drive away, but they said pricing deals only in store. I did ask if the "price" would be worth me driving an extra 45 mins than the closest BestBuy, and he said most definitely. He was right.

tldr: Make the drive.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11163 upvotes
bjorgo wrote: I tried calling Visions yesterday to get a price because I'm 1hr 15mins drive away, but they said pricing deals only in store. I did ask if the "price" would be worth me driving an extra 45 mins than the closest BestBuy, and he said most definitely. He was right.

tldr: Make the drive.
Thanks!

Does the fact the TV is not on sale right now impact Hibbing price? It was $799 last week, but it is back to $998 this week.
Jan 16, 2019
15 posts
4 upvotes
So if I drive to the Whitby Visions, ask for the Hibbing price on the LG 55C8 I'll get a price different from their current website/flyer?
Jan 17, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Thanks!

Does the fact the TV is not on sale right now impact Hibbing price? It was $799 last week, but it is back to $998 this week.
The TV I got went on sale yesterday and that was the first contact I had with the store. So not sure if that impacted the Hibbing price point or not.
Jan 17, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
johnmaus wrote: So if I drive to the Whitby Visions, ask for the Hibbing price on the LG 55C8 I'll get a price different from their current website/flyer?
From my experience, definitely. From what I've picked up lurking on this forum over last few weeks, yes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)