Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LG

2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 8:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1564 posts
1030 upvotes
Ok guys I'm in a dilemma...I have the 55C8 sitting in my living room right now, still brand new in box and I have a 65C8 on order. Over the last few days I've been struggling on which one to keep. I estimate the distance from where I'll be sitting to the TV will be around 8 ft to 8.5 ft. Is the 65 inch overkill? I think I would hate it if I have to roll my eyeballs from side to side while watching TV if the panel is too big. I would also prefer not to see any individual pixels if the distance is too close. Any personal experiences or suggestions?
Oct 24, 2018
29 posts
23 upvotes
bobohobo2kx wrote: Ok guys I'm in a dilemma...I have the 55C8 sitting in my living room right now, still brand new in box and I have a 65C8 on order. Over the last few days I've been struggling on which one to keep. I estimate the distance from where I'll be sitting to the TV will be around 8 ft to 8.5 ft. Is the 65 inch overkill? I think I would hate it if I have to roll my eyeballs from side to side while watching TV if the panel is too big. I would also prefer not to see any individual pixels if the distance is too close. Any personal experiences or suggestions?
What price did you pay for each? Best known prices are $1900/$2800+taxes on the 55/65, respectively. I'm seated 9' from the 65". It's mounted above the fireplace, but it's angled down. Actually good for ergonomics, when sitting in a reclined position :) 65" feels pretty good. My last TV was a 58", so the upsize was the right way to go.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
bobohobo2kx wrote: Ok guys I'm in a dilemma...I have the 55C8 sitting in my living room right now, still brand new in box and I have a 65C8 on order. Over the last few days I've been struggling on which one to keep. I estimate the distance from where I'll be sitting to the TV will be around 8 ft to 8.5 ft. Is the 65 inch overkill? I think I would hate it if I have to roll my eyeballs from side to side while watching TV if the panel is too big. I would also prefer not to see any individual pixels if the distance is too close. Any personal experiences or suggestions?
This guide might help. Check it out:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-si ... lationship
Oct 24, 2018
29 posts
23 upvotes
Coaler wrote: Thank for you easing me back a little bit into sanity Hibbing. Is the Panasonic worth the extra $200 over the C8 though? I know that's a somewhat subjective question. I know the color accuracy on the Panasonic is constantly talked about and the calibration out of the box is constantly referred to as virtually perfection. And everything I can find says they are virtually a reference television. The Technics soundbar is also nice but not really needed for me as I have a full surround system. I just am trying to figure out if I should go LG and put $200 back in my pocket.
Now that I'm new to the 4K game, there's a lot more Netflix in Dolby Vision than UHD. With the OS and Dolby Vision support, I'd definitely prefer the C8.
Oct 24, 2018
29 posts
23 upvotes
sikkinixx wrote: What’s the general feeling on the 66” X900F Black Friday price? I’m stuck between that and the 55” oled. Don’t wanna stray over $2k and am in Bc so can’t get the hibbing prices. Was gonna do the Vizio but decided if I’m gonna spend the money, I might as well get something I like.
I'm in BC too. If you are near a Visions dealer in the Vancouver region, you should be able to get the 55" C8 for $1900. I just got my 65" at $2800 at Visions Burnaby, yesterday.
Nov 20, 2015
279 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I don’t have a C8, but I have a 65” NU8000 which I sit at 9ft away. I think a 65” is a great size at this distance, I would recommend this size.
Feb 19, 2010
612 posts
314 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
KrisM8213 wrote: I'm in BC too. If you are near a Visions dealer in the Vancouver region, you should be able to get the 55" C8 for $1900. I just got my 65" at $2800 at Visions Burnaby, yesterday.
Cool thanks!
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
Why not pick up a B7 or C7? It doesn't seem like the new models are much of an upgrade.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1564 posts
1030 upvotes
KrisM8213 wrote: What price did you pay for each? Best known prices are $1900/$2800+taxes on the 55/65, respectively. I'm seated 9' from the 65". It's mounted above the fireplace, but it's angled down. Actually good for ergonomics, when sitting in a reclined position :) 65" feels pretty good. My last TV was a 58", so the upsize was the right way to go.
$1800 for the 55C8 and $2750 for the 65C8 (Thanks @Hibbing ). I'm in Toronto.
Bellyhungry wrote: This guide might help. Check it out:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-si ... lationship
Thanks, I was actually look at that earlier and it seems like at my distance the recommended TV size for mixed usage is ~60 inches, so I could go either up or down which is not very definitive. That's the main reason why I'm struggling. So I wanted to hear some people's experiences to help me make my decision.
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey

I have a 55 inch e6 oled and I wish I would have bought the 65inch I was thinking 55 was big enough for bedroom. Now I’m going to be buying a 65 inch Face With Tears Of JoyFisted Hand Sign c8
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
hugs29 wrote: I have a 55 inch e6 oled and I wish I would have bought the 65inch I was thinking 55 was big enough for bedroom. Now I’m going to be buying a 65 inch Face With Tears Of JoyFisted Hand Sign c8
I thought that too when I bought my 55" plasma 7-8 years ago. This time around, I made sure I got a 65" C8.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
336 upvotes
like the plasma before, do OLEDs need to be "broken into" with 50-60 hrs worth of flashing solid colours?
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey
utopianbl wrote: like the plasma before, do OLEDs need to be "broken into" with 50-60 hrs worth of flashing solid colours?

The top calibrator recommend a slide for the first few hours google dnice slides
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
So how bad is this tv for watching hockey due to ABL?
Nov 11, 2006
401 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Coaler wrote: Ok guys I need help. I have no idea if I made the correct decision or not. I had everything lined up to go to Visions in Langley and buy the 65" C8 for $2800. When I got there, their TV guy was having a smoke and we chatted and he told me that they had just received some Panasonic TC65EZ1000 TV's and that it was a better tv THX certified better image processor etc etc. They offered me this TV at $3000. I know it lacks Dolby Vision and it is technically last years model I think. I also believe the smart features on the LG are hands down better yes? But is anyone on here able to tell me if I made the best decision there before I bother unpacking it? Is it more of a 50/50 call and really won't matter? Or should I go back and get the C8? Please help. Lol.
On my way to Canadian Tire in Port Coquitlam, I saw a Visions store in the same complex that just opened so I went in. While checking out the LG E8 OLED, an older guy came up and ask if I needed any help. So I asked him about the difference the E8 and C8, Dolby Vision, HDR10, etc. Then he mention the Panasonic Master series and said they can't even keep them in stock and even sold the display one that had a sold sign on it. He said they have 6 on the way to the store and some of them is already pre-sold and I can get one for $3300. I said I have to do more research on it before committing.
Dec 14, 2017
99 posts
53 upvotes
utopianbl wrote: like the plasma before, do OLEDs need to be "broken into" with 50-60 hrs worth of flashing solid colours?
Meh, I'm breaking mine in with various full screen content, trying not to keep static content on the screen for hours at a time. I don't think slides are necessary at all, just try and let all the pixels get to work for awhile, meaning avoid content with black bars on the top and bottom the whole time. After a hundred hours or so just enjoy the TV. From what I've read the TV gets even better after a couple hundred hours are on it.
Dec 14, 2017
99 posts
53 upvotes
GZero604 wrote: On my way to Canadian Tire in Port Coquitlam, I saw a Visions store in the same complex that just opened so I went in. While checking out the LG E8 OLED, an older guy came up and ask if I needed any help. So I asked him about the difference the E8 and C8, Dolby Vision, HDR10, etc. Then he mention the Panasonic Master series and said they can't even keep them in stock and even sold the display one that had a sold sign on it. He said they have 6 on the way to the store and some of them is already pre-sold and I can get one for $3300. I said I have to do more research on it before committing.
I haven't heard of a Panasonic "Master Series". Sony just came out with a AF9 Master series OLED, but I highly doubt they are selling that for 3300 unless it's the 55". If he's talking about the Panasonic FZ950 65" then that seems like a good price. If not, then I'd take the C8 for 2800 all day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)