• Nov 30th, 2019 12:44 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10704 posts
5887 upvotes
Oil Country
Hibbing wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:03 pm
Guys the Pannys can be had at GREAT pricing as well just hit me up. They do not get publicity because they do not sell in the U.S. and for various reasons I prefer L.G.
Curious... what are your reasons? I like Panasonic, but the UI on their devices is the worst.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7115 posts
1116 upvotes
London
fudge_u wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:24 pm
Curious... what are your reasons? I like Panasonic, but the UI on their devices is the worst.
Without sales and support in the U.S. servicing could be an issue. Canada is a very tiny market.
Jul 16, 2017
88 posts
27 upvotes
My Panasonic 55ST50 is show it's age. My TV budget is about $2K but I'm thinking about going over for a LG C8 65". What's the best price (Vancouver) that people have seen it for?
Oct 12, 2013
413 posts
170 upvotes
Surrey
picklesandcheese wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:40 pm
My Panasonic 55ST50 is show it's age. My TV budget is about $2K but I'm thinking about going over for a LG C8 65". What's the best price (Vancouver) that people have seen it for?
Feb 19, 2010
467 posts
144 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
xetrfd wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 10:20 am
Try the Langley Bypass (manager47@visions.com) or if you are more west, drop by the North Vancouver store.
It’s @visions.ca not .com ;) but thanks for the suggestion. I just sent them an emailing about pricing for the 55” oled and the 65” x900f. I’d really love to be as close to $2k all in as I could with either. I’m thinking the x900 is probably the one I could do that with if visions can offer close to the now deal hibbing price.
Oct 12, 2013
413 posts
170 upvotes
Surrey
picklesandcheese wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:40 pm
$2800 plus tax
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3173 posts
2820 upvotes
Ottawa
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 12:22 pm
I had posted an earlier post critical of Hibbing that he was perhaps associated with Visions or maybe getting a kickback from them. A few weeks ago Hibbing posted a response recommending NOT to buy the extended warranty from Visions which is a big profit item for all retailers. My personal opinion now is that Hibbing is just trying to help his Redflag brothers and sisters get a good price. Worst case scenario the prices Hibbing is quoting are really good prices (especially the price quoted on the Samsung HW 950 sound bar in September) so even if he is getting a bit of a kick back (which I don’t think he is) it is a win/win situation because forum members are also getting great prices on their TV’s and sound bars!
Well, he's clearly tight with management. Doesn't mean he's associated or making any sort of commission off sales, but let's say for argument's sake that he was making commission off a sale:

I'd be more inclined to buy from them. Hibbing would get my money.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4526 posts
1763 upvotes
Batarang wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 8:44 pm
Well, he's clearly tight with management. Doesn't mean he's associated or making any sort of commission off sales, but let's say for argument's sake that he was making commission off a sale:

I see it both ways. I don’t believe he is associated with visions.

Some dudes are making a stink because it would be against forum rules if he was
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Sep 7, 2018
8 posts
7 upvotes
I went to Visions in Grande Prairie, Alberta. I was ready to pick up the C8. The lowest they would go was $3298. Was pretty bummed, might go the eBay way.
Feb 19, 2010
467 posts
144 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Is $1900 the lowest for the 55” C8 in the GVRD? Back east it was $1800 at one point I seem to recall.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7115 posts
1116 upvotes
London
Batarang wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 8:44 pm

Absolutely make nothing. Nothing. They treated me great and I reward good service and love passing deals to everyone on RFD.
Jan 24, 2018
39 posts
54 upvotes
Dmartin77 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 1:11 pm
I can get the 65” FZ950 now (Calgary, AB) for $3500 so those are not great prices. Last years 65” EZ1000 was offered for $3200. This is without negotiation so maybe even lower.
I just bought the EZ1000 from Visions Langley last weekend for $3000. I'm still not 100% sure I made the right choice over the C8 but I do know it's supposed to get a firmware update to support HDR10+. It is beautiful, and it's basically professionally calibrated out of the box if you pick the professional picture option so that can save you money if that was something you were going to do. My ONLY hesitation is the lack of Dolby Vision but I'm not really that upset about it. I feel like I got a better picture quality television for it overall. Some people will talk about the OS on the LG being better and they're right. That being said, I use a shield TV anyways so it's not relevant. Also the soundbar is pretty nice if you were planning to do a soundbar setup instead of surround (I'm full surround so it's just sitting in the garage). The soundbar also comes with a mounting setup should you want to wall-mount the TV. I played around with the soundbar and it does really sound quite good for a soundbar.
Feb 21, 2007
80 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa
Hibbing wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 9:18 pm
Absolutely make nothing. Nothing. They treated me great and I reward good service and love passing deals to everyone on RFD.
Awesome. now work on getting us those Sony deals back :)

Just kidding. but serious!
Last edited by pontiacgagt on Nov 5th, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 13, 2012
14 posts
9 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I was sold on the Sony 65X900F (sight unseen as my bro got a 900E) with an additional soundbar (Sonos beam) until I saw the LG C8 at my local Costco ($3500) which got me reconsidering

Then this morning, I was killing time and hit a 2001 Audio Video and the sales guy swayed me on the LG C8 and offered me price protection (30days) and said the C8 is dropping to $3000 for BF (assume this is the same for Costco). Question is do I go for the X900F and sound bar (possible two play 1/ones added) or splurge and go for the (no sound bar) Thanks in advance to
Oct 12, 2013
413 posts
170 upvotes
Surrey
Bad news my connect at Vancouver just told me his cost went up on c8s Crying FaceCrying Face