[LG] 2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2019 10:38 am
Mar 14, 2008
278 posts
59 upvotes
aliasrfd wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 8:51 am
Called in to BB at 8am to price match with Gibbys while price was still low, but they wouldn’t price match because different model numbers (the BB model number ends in P)
Such BS... In the official LG website, there is no such thing as a different model and all the retailers are listed there btw for people who get the "unauthorized dealer" bullshit. https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-OLED55C8PUA-oled-4k-tv
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2482 posts
663 upvotes
GTA
aliasrfd wrote:
Called in to BB at 8am to price match with Gibbys while price was still low, but they wouldn’t price match because different model numbers (the BB model number ends in P)
Ya that's just a shady tactic BB uses to be able to deny a pricematch. It's the exact same product/model, they just choose to add a letter or number to the model # so they can use that as an excuse. That's a pathetic practice, if they want to do that just be honest and say "we pricematch at our discretion" or "when we want to" or something like that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9663 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
Black Friday Pricing:

65 C8 = $2999.99
55 C8 = $1999.99
Dec 31, 2014
8 posts
5 upvotes
Corman Park, SK
kramerz80 wrote: Ya that's just a shady tactic BB uses to be able to deny a pricematch. It's the exact same product/model, they just choose to add a letter or number to the model # so they can use that as an excuse. That's a pathetic practice, if they want to do that just be honest and say "we pricematch at our discretion" or "when we want to" or something like that.
Yep agreed. It’s a good reason to just purchase from retailers that offer lower prices. It is harder to do when not living in GTA or Vancouver, as their are fewer retailers available.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9663 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
aliasrfd wrote:
Black Friday pricing goes into affect on the on the 16th So wait till then to purchase.
Jan 5, 2016
309 posts
185 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
If BB has another 10% off VIP sale again like last year that could bring the C8 to $2700. That is if it goes on sale for $2999
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1589 posts
285 upvotes
Diggingupbones wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:47 am
If BB has another 10% off VIP sale again like last year that could bring the C8 to $2700. That is if it goes on sale for $2999
I think that’s wishful thinking. I believe in 2018, the best price you will see for the 65” c8 is $2750 (hibbings deal) . I expect several retailers to have it on sale for $2999 on BF/Boxing Day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9663 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
aliasrfd wrote:
Black Friday pricing goes into affect on the 16th So wait till then to purchase.
Feb 21, 2007
70 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
4flava wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:57 am
Black Friday pricing goes into affect on the 16th So wait till then to purchase.
There is a Best Buy VIP sale day on the 22nd. Are there usually further discounts on this day compared to the BF weekly flyer or BF itself?
Dec 14, 2012
1 posts
Called Scarborough Visions today and they quoted me $2000 for the LG C8 55% (Called for Mike and they said Rico changed locations). Hibbing have you heard anything on your side about this?
Jul 4, 2009
314 posts
145 upvotes
login wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:15 am
Such BS... In the official LG website, there is no such thing as a different model and all the retailers are listed there btw for people who get the "unauthorized dealer" bullshit. https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-OLED55C8PUA-oled-4k-tv
As usual, Best Buy trying their hardest to not do the price match. They do this all the time,, not just with TVs. Try to do it again, but ask them to go to lg.com and show them that there is only one model for the 55" C8 being sold. Their "Price Match Guarantee" is one of the reasons why I preferred giving the sale/price match to a smaller, local competitor like London Drugs. London Drugs was more than happy to do it without a hitch... AND... they offered price protection for any Black Friday sales coming up from all Canadian online stores.

Best Buy, according to their policy posted online, states they will beat it by 10%, no where in that policy does it state that they cannot sell the item "lower than cost", which is what Best Buy pulled on me when I tried to price match in store a few weeks back.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3127 posts
2765 upvotes
Ottawa
kramerz80 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:39 am
Ya that's just a shady tactic BB uses to be able to deny a pricematch. It's the exact same product/model, they just choose to add a letter or number to the model # so they can use that as an excuse. That's a pathetic practice, if they want to do that just be honest and say "we pricematch at our discretion" or "when we want to" or something like that.
Personally, I'd get a manager and I'd challenge them to find that specific model that they list with their bullshit extra character on LG's site. If they can't, match it.

Without being rude, but you have to have a certain amount of "I'm not going to deal with this shit" in your tone.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Mar 14, 2008
278 posts
59 upvotes
4flava wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 10:03 am
Black Friday Pricing:

65 C8 = $2999.99
55 C8 = $1999.99
That's BB or gibbys?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10653 posts
5817 upvotes
Oil Country
softimage69 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 1:34 pm
As usual, Best Buy trying their hardest to not do the price match. They do this all the time,, not just with TVs. Try to do it again, but ask them to go to lg.com and show them that there is only one model for the 55" C8 being sold. Their "Price Match Guarantee" is one of the reasons why I preferred giving the sale/price match to a smaller, local competitor like London Drugs. London Drugs was more than happy to do it without a hitch... AND... they offered price protection for any Black Friday sales coming up from all Canadian online stores.

Best Buy, according to their policy posted online, states they will beat it by 10%, no where in that policy does it state that they cannot sell the item "lower than cost", which is what Best Buy pulled on me when I tried to price match in store a few weeks back.
Apparently, Best Buy is doing well enough now, where they can turn down price matches and are willing to lose potential other sales (current/future) from customers. Must be nice when you can be selective about who your customers are. :facepalm:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)