[LG] 2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2019 10:38 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7111 posts
1114 upvotes
London
Once again I would never buy anything this large from Ebay. I want a dealer who offers panel exchanges, refunds and support after the sale. I also want a dealer who will STILL be a dealer after January 1st.
Not wanting to buy from them was how I discovered Visions last year when only they would price match. Sometimes by paying a little more you save a lot.
I do not buy from ragtag local dealers ever but hey that's just me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7111 posts
1114 upvotes
London
CaMRoN wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 11:25 am
The eBay deal is amazing. Is there any potential for the Hibbing/Visions deal to come close to the current eBay deal ($2499 + free delivery + $100 USD in eBay dollars = ~$2300)? I can't really see it but just wanted to confirm before pulling the trigger on the eBay deal.

Has anyone actually exchanged their LG C8 due to a panel issue?
I exchanged 3 B7s and 2 C8s. I am fussy on banding and the whites issue.
Jan 27, 2009
213 posts
34 upvotes
Hibbing wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 11:53 am
Once again I would never buy anything this large from Ebay. I want a dealer who offers panel exchanges, refunds and support after the sale. I also want a dealer who will STILL be a dealer after January 1st.
Not wanting to buy from them was how I discovered Visions last year when only they would price match. Sometimes by paying a little more you save a lot.
I do not buy from ragtag local dealers ever but hey that's just me.
You keep mentioning January 1st - is this based on anything specific?
I'm here.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10682 posts
5860 upvotes
Oil Country
Redscott wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:20 pm
"The Hisense TVs also lack the A9 Intelligent processors, 4K Cinema HDR and Dolby Vision features that are a staple of LG’s latest models."

Rather have an LG 65 C8 with all those features and better panel.
Agreed, but the Hisense will probably be a fraction the price.
Oct 12, 2013
411 posts
169 upvotes
Surrey
For those who are looking for the c8 65inch at $2700 plus tax in Vancouver from visions, my friend just told me his cost will go up on the nov 29th so last day act quick .
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2238 posts
1013 upvotes
Scarborough
bmaninc wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 2:34 pm
You keep mentioning January 1st - is this based on anything specific?
If you read between the lines, sounds like LG will be dropping a certain authorized retailer
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7111 posts
1114 upvotes
London
Guys the Hibbing pricing will continue through Christmas. Scarborough, Whitby and Dixie. Mention the keyword HIBBING to unlock your path to happiness and wealth.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1344 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
Hibbing wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 3:34 pm
Seems to be the consensus among people in the know.
Neverhood wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 9:56 pm
Interesting, nothing definitive but certainly likely. This is a real damn shame. I put it off last year on the basis that a year would be enough time. nVidia also f’ed things up by avoiding HDMI 2.1 with their new RTX cards so that they could continue pushing their proprietary gsync solution. At least the Xbox One X was going to be compatible (and presumably Sony’s next console, but that’s far away).

There’s a chance that VRR becomes available despite there not being HDMI 2.1, but then I question how well it will be implemented out of the official spec, especially when it has to pass through a receiver and you need essentially 3 devices to all be on the same page with respect to VRR.

This is such a huge letdown for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7111 posts
1114 upvotes
London
Alexandero2 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 8:36 am
Interesting, nothing definitive but certainly likely. This is a real damn shame. I put it off last year on the basis that a year would be enough time. nVidia also f’ed things up by avoiding HDMI 2.1 with their new RTX cards so that they could continue pushing their proprietary gsync solution. At least the Xbox One X was going to be compatible (and presumably Sony’s next console, but that’s far away).

There’s a chance that VRR becomes available despite there not being HDMI 2.1, but then I question how well it will be implemented out of the official spec, especially when it has to pass through a receiver and you need essentially 3 devices to all be on the same page with respect to VRR.

This is such a huge letdown for me.
Probably 2020 starting with 8K TVs. eARC for next year. Now ask yourself would you rather be watching now or put it off another 2 years? In 2 years there'll be another big thing to wait for.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3348 posts
487 upvotes
Vaughan
Hibbing wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 8:38 am
Probably 2020 starting with 8K TVs. eARC for next year. Now ask yourself would you rather be watching now or put it off another 2 years? In 2 years there'll be another big thing to wait for.
^ yea, there's always the next big thing to wait for. Might as well just get it now and enjoy. Best not to buy first gen tech anyway.
Nov 17, 2016
81 posts
38 upvotes
What are the best prices right now at Visions for the

65C8 LG
65 Q8 samsung
75 Q8 Samsung?

I am trying to pick the best one for price if the 75inch is ~$1000 more
Dec 10, 2003
217 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Please advise if Visions on South East Marine drive has this offer for C8 65" for $2700.

Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)