Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
LG

2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 8:13 pm
Oct 11, 2012
233 posts
234 upvotes
TORONTO
TC on Sunday(8th Sept) offered 2750 for the 65C8 :)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
Hibbing wrote: Long drive but they can be transported flat it was plasma that couldn't.
Can be transported flat at slower speeds for short distances but LG doesn't recommend it. In fact, LG indicates right on the box that it should be upright.
dealhungry1 wrote: TC on Sunday(8th Sept) offered 2750 for the 65C8 :)
Thanks for the heads up. I assume you mean Top Choice.
Mar 7, 2011
267 posts
173 upvotes
Calgary
TechChopper wrote: London Drugs at Calgary had C8 65 at $2800 during the past long weekend, this week there is no sale, Visions won’t price match since they ask for price proof. Out of stock in Best Buy, however I have seen a couple of in-store demos with burn in which is making me doubt.
Was the $2800 an instore posted price or did you have to haggle for it? Cuz if the price was posted and you took a picture of the sign I don't see why Visions wouldn't price match it.
Last edited by xdreamoz on Sep 10th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
xdreamoz wrote: Was the $2800 an instore posted price or did you have to haggle for it? Cuz if the price was posted and you took a picture of the sign I don't see why Visions wouldn't price match it.
Your post got mixed into the person's you quoted. So, I've pulled it out for others to see. :)
Mar 7, 2011
267 posts
173 upvotes
Calgary
EugW wrote: Your post got mixed into the person's you quoted. So, I've pulled it out for others to see. :)
Thanks for catching that. I've edited my original post to end the quote properly.
Oct 11, 2012
233 posts
234 upvotes
TORONTO
Yes Top Choice.
EugW wrote: Can be transported flat at slower speeds for short distances but LG doesn't recommend it. In fact, LG indicates right on the box that it should be upright.

Thanks for the heads up. I assume you mean Top Choice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7248 posts
1322 upvotes
London
I personally prefer the piece of mind of dealing with a national chain you know will be around 6 months from now and has exchanges if you get a bad screen. Much more unlikely with the C8 than the B7 though.
Aug 16, 2016
33 posts
13 upvotes
xdreamoz wrote: Thanks for catching that. I've edited my original post to end the quote properly.
It happened like this:
After getting hyped from this thread, I went to LD on Tuesday 4th, I asked the electronics manager if there was a discount on the 65 C8 and he told me it was 28 hundred until Monday and he could not do that price because it was a weekend sale, so no tag picture. Yesterday evening I was able to ‘price match’ at Visions at 2925, and told that I can apply price protection if I can get a picture of the sale tag if it happens again
Mar 7, 2011
267 posts
173 upvotes
Calgary
TechChopper wrote: It happened like this:
After getting hyped from this thread, I went to LD on Tuesday 4th, I asked the electronics manager if there was a discount on the 65 C8 and he told me it was 28 hundred until Monday and he could not do that price because it was a weekend sale, so no tag picture. Yesterday evening I was able to ‘price match’ at Visions at 2925, and told that I can apply price protection if I can get a picture of the sale tag if it happens again
Thanks! That's really helpful. And it's great to see Calgary starting to get comparable pricing to the amazing deals ppl have been able to get in Toronto.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2505 posts
1564 upvotes
Toronto
oops u r right bro but i missed out the top choice deal during the weekend. 2800 would be an awesome price.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
woolo wrote: oops u r right bro but i missed out the top choice deal during the weekend. 2800 would be an awesome price.
Top Choice's prices are not limited to the weekend.

London Drugs' sales in Alberta have only been the weekend though, and in-store only.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2259 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
London Drugs was $2500 last weekend in BC for the 65" B7 now it's back up to $2999. Damn, hoping this weekend it's to $2500 again. That's a great deal
Jul 4, 2009
378 posts
211 upvotes
I've seen people mentioning here that Visions is offering price protection on the LG sets down the road, does this even include Black Friday sales? I was under the assumption that most stores would not match their own prices for BF sales.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6409 posts
59 upvotes
how long will they price protect for?
Hibbing wrote: Yes at the one store. Winking Face
-
Jul 4, 2009
378 posts
211 upvotes
Hibbing wrote: Yes at the one store. Winking Face
That's really awesome for the people pulling the trigger over in Ontario. I wish BC had sales people willing to be competitive with pricing like that. I would most likely pull the trigger on a new set now without having to wait until BF. Thanks again for all the info and deal sharing Hibbing!
Aug 18, 2006
141 posts
94 upvotes
The C8 has been doing great so far. No regrets on the purchase.

Anyone that has the C8 got a sound bar or sound system for it as well? Need a some recommendations that goes well with it, preferably at a great price too :D
Oct 11, 2012
233 posts
234 upvotes
TORONTO
My parents went into the store to pick it up so I'm not too sure if delivery is free
Bettaxis wrote: @dealhungry1 Did Top Choice 65C8 for $2750 have free delivery?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)