[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16559 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
nx6288 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 7:41 am
Am I mistaken in reading that some people are finding the LG C8 for $2800? When I check BB or visions website it's listed at $4100.
Check first post.
Dec 27, 2005
630 posts
17 upvotes
2018 are selling for close to 4000 seems like a no brainer for me to the 2017 for 2750.. Besides the processor doesnt seem like a huge difference .. Def not $1500 better in my books ?
Kuro, Adj. Black: Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness: Origin: Japanese.

Heatware feedback +3
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16559 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
flavp5 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 11:56 am
2018 are selling for close to 4000 seems like a no brainer for me to the 2017 for 2750.. Besides the processor doesnt seem like a huge difference .. Def not $1500 better in my books ?
Nobody should pay $4000 for a 2018 65" C8.
Dec 27, 2005
630 posts
17 upvotes
Exactly .. The question for me right now is .. How much are these gonna drop by blk friday ... And honestly even so 2750 seems good for this 2017 model i need to do a little more research
Kuro, Adj. Black: Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness: Origin: Japanese.

Heatware feedback +3
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16559 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
flavp5 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 12:06 pm
Exactly .. The question for me right now is .. How much are these gonna drop by blk friday ... And honestly even so 2750 seems good for this 2017 model i need to do a little more research
IIRC, Hibbing says he has an idea of BF pricing.

I personally have no inside information, but my GUESS for the 2018 65" C8, it will be significantly more than what people here have been paying.
Feb 19, 2011
97 posts
67 upvotes
I got the 55C7 at BestBuy at 1999 + tax yesterday in Quebec City.

The TV is simply awesome.

I looked for the 55C8 but I found the price to be around 3200 in the area.
Dec 27, 2005
630 posts
17 upvotes
im 99% convinced the 2017 is the one to get even if the 2018s drop on blk fri alot they still wont be as good of a deal as the 2017 is right now .. perhaps they will drop a little as well but cant see 65 inchs at much less then 2400

i like the qleds as well but they don't compare to the blacks the oled has.. same for the sony xbr900 nice tv but for a little more the oled is king

and 55" is too small for me .. i currently have 3 tvs in the house .. a 65" vizio, a 50" pioneer kuro plasma and a 120" epson projector.. its time for a upgrade

Heatware feedback +3
Mar 14, 2006
871 posts
128 upvotes
Coquitlam
Hibbing wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 6:55 am
Always. Beware of smaller stores and the lack of service and support. Visions are a nationwide chain.
I get it that you are somehow tied in to Visions (maybe you are Mike/Rico or Rico's relative or Rico's friend?). I know you have said you aren't tied in or receiving a kickback from those 2 particular Visions sales people but come on your numerous posts telling people to see those 2 guys at that specific store and asking for the "hibbing" price are pretty obvious.

If I buy from a small retailer and there is a warranty issue the warranty is with LG anyways and not the retailer. After the first year my warranty is with my credit card company. I have no problem supporting a small retailer if his prices are just as good as Visions or London Drugs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7047 posts
1025 upvotes
London
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 12:31 pm
I get it that you are somehow tied in to Visions (maybe you are Mike/Rico or Rico's relative or Rico's friend?). I know you have said you aren't tied in or receiving a kickback from those 2 particular Visions sales people but come on your numerous posts telling people to see those 2 guys at that specific store and asking for the "hibbing" price are pretty obvious.

If I buy from a small retailer and there is a warranty issue the warranty is with LG anyways and not the retailer. After the first year my warranty is with my credit card company. I have no problem supporting a small retailer if his prices are just as good as Visions or London Drugs.
As I have stated MANY times I get nothing. I would also strongly disagree with you regarding small retailers. LG is notoriously bad on panel issues and I would much rather deal with a store than has a panel exchange policy in place and also a strong relationship with the vendor for any potential issues down the line. This is howw I discovered Visions. I was uncomfortable buying from one of the smaller shops here in town with the best price and Mike at Visions was the only national chain that would price match. When someone treats me right and goes above and beyond I am a loyal customer and am not afraid to share my experience.

It is not only the store but my personal reputation on the line which is why I very rarely post any recommmendations. BTW the store I was not comfortable buying from last year is now out of business. My first B7 had horrible banding and instead of having to deal with LG, Visions did a panel exchange and that meant it was quicker and I didn't have to jump through hoops with LG.
Some people DO share positive experiences with zero expectations of anything in return maybe that's rare these days but in this case it is 100% accurate. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Nov 12, 2014
660 posts
412 upvotes
Kingston, ON
The small store I was going to buy from didn't accept returns at all....none.....so if there was even the slightest issue, where I could return it within 30 days at BEst Buy or 90 days at Costco, I wouldn't be able to do that with them. No thanks....I paid a bit more but wanted the chance to return it if needed. Some times small stores have very crappy return policies.
Mar 24, 2011
564 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver
flavp5 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 12:25 pm
im 99% convinced the 2017 is the one to get even if the 2018s drop on blk fri alot they still wont be as good of a deal as the 2017 is right now .. perhaps they will drop a little as well but cant see 65 inchs at much less then 2400

i like the qleds as well but they don't compare to the blacks the oled has.. same for the sony xbr900 nice tv but for a little more the oled is king

and 55" is too small for me .. i currently have 3 tvs in the house .. a 65" vizio, a 50" pioneer kuro plasma and a 120" epson projector.. its time for a upgrade
same. that's why I bought the 65 B7P for $2475 at Visions, the C8 is about $1000 more at least now. Go with the 65" you won't regret. Are you planning to get from Visions?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1053 posts
451 upvotes
CALGARY
SPACEMANRICK wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 12:31 pm

I would support small stores too, but when buying an expensive item I prefer a big chain.
- worry free returns at any store, not just the one you bought.
- Valid policy across the chain in terms or return and warranty.
- there are some occasions the returns happen after the return period in exchange with store credit that I can use, where as small shops do not have that policy.
Dec 27, 2005
630 posts
17 upvotes
Id have to buy from visions online as Im in Newfoundland.. and that same deal doesn't exsist ?

Heatware feedback +3
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6388 posts
51 upvotes
Visions deal for C8 seems to be dead rn
flavp5 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 2:00 pm
Id have to buy from visions online as Im in Newfoundland.. and that same deal doesn't exsist ?
- Private Investigator...
Dec 27, 2005
630 posts
17 upvotes
what visions store for this price ?
65 B7P for $2475 at Visions

Heatware feedback +3

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)