Ongoing Deal Discussion

[LG] 2018 LG OLED TVs on sale - Ongoing thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2019 10:38 am
Oct 12, 2013
402 posts
158 upvotes
Surrey
I wish visions warranty offered burn in protection, I may buy from Best Buy just because of that
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10658 posts
5836 upvotes
Oil Country
Hans89 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 1:25 pm
Any indications if this deal will be the same or better on BF/CM?
Doubt it... LD had it for $2800 last month, but it was a weekend sale only. I doubt it'll go any lower than that. The 65" B7 is $2500 on sale right now at LD.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4350 posts
1635 upvotes
YYZ2YOW wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 11:41 am
Any insights on what the BF sales will be on the C8? We're considering picking one up at costco and using price protection to avoid the BF rush.
Somewhat of a gamble considering the item needs to be in stock, and or may not even go on sale. You’d also have to either go in store to get your refund during the sale, which may be limited quantities, or not even in stock in the store (which would negate your reasoning of avoiding BF rush)
Online you’d have to hop they still have stock when you request your adjustment
I guess you could return it worst case
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4350 posts
1635 upvotes
hugs29 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 1:35 pm
I wish visions warranty offered burn in protection, I may buy from Best Buy just because of that
Buyer beware. I’ve read many reviews stating that they make you use your tv for 60 days while not using the channel that had the “image burn” in order to determine if it’s in fact burn in or just image retention , before even considering repair/replacement

Terrible considering you would have to have that channel on almost exclusively to begin with to even get a burn in
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Oct 12, 2013
402 posts
158 upvotes
Surrey
Wish British Columbia had the $2800 deal for 65 c8 I’m waiting to buy my second lg oled.
Mar 24, 2011
637 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
hugs29 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 3:49 pm
Wish British Columbia had the $2800 deal for 65 c8 I’m waiting to buy my second lg oled.
If you find one, let me know ha
Nov 9, 2003
248 posts
20 upvotes
Winnipeg
Red_Army wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 3:17 pm
Buyer beware. I’ve read many reviews stating that they make you use your tv for 60 days while not using the channel that had the “image burn” in order to determine if it’s in fact burn in or just image retention , before even considering repair/replacement

Terrible considering you would have to have that channel on almost exclusively to begin with to even get a burn in
Lol and how would they know if you actually did that? You could just say you did and they’d have to believe you. Also, just put it on a different channel to then cause burn in from that one being on for 60 days. What a silly policy.
Sep 17, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
justywusty wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 4:56 pm
Lol and how would they know if you actually did that? You could just say you did and they’d have to believe you. Also, just put it on a different channel to then cause burn in from that one being on for 60 days. What a silly policy.
I bought mine from best buy with the warranty, but I'm thinking of canceling the warranty add on and getting a refund. A lot of posters seem to think the burn in isn't much of a concern unless you watch TV all day, the same channel on all the time. I watch hockey, play video games, watch TV and movies like the average person. Not all day on the same news channel. The c8 from what I understand has a couple defenses against burn in as well. If anyone has any further insight please share. Returning the best buy warranty gets me 400 bucks back.
Also FYI I called geek squad and was very thorough with them. There's no catches to their warranty covering burn in. I asked specifically. So the warranty seems legit. But is it necessary? I'm starting to think not since lg has 1 year & with a credit card that gets extended to 2 years. Will think about it a bit more but leaning towards returning the warranty.
Last edited by SamiK25141 on Oct 21st, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3545 posts
552 upvotes
Hamilton
SamiK25141 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 5:23 pm
I bought mine from best buy with the warranty, but I'm thinking of canceling the warranty add on and getting a refund. A lot of posters seem to think the burn in isn't much of a concern unless you watch TV all day, the same channel on all the time. I watch hockey and I play video games. Not all day. The c8 from what I understand has a couple defenses against burn in as well. If anyone has any further insight please share. Returning the best buy warranty gets me 400 bucks back.
Also FYI I called geek squad and was very thorough with them. There's no catches to their warranty covering burn in. I asked specifically. So the warranty seems legit. But is it necessary? I'm starting to think not since lg has 1 year & with a credit card that gets extended to 2 years. Will think about it a bit more but leaning towards returning the warranty.
Does lg cover burn in the first year?
And if so, does the cc extension cover burn in for the second?
Sep 17, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
sidshock wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 5:36 pm
Does lg cover burn in the first year?
And if so, does the cc extension cover burn in for the second?
No and no.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4350 posts
1635 upvotes
justywusty wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 4:56 pm
I know right. Just another retailer trying anything not to give you what you paid for.

I’d never buy an OLED, I’d be too paranoid about burn in , even if it is just a minute chance of it actually happening
Aug 21, 2013
155 posts
74 upvotes
SamiK25141 wrote:
I bought mine from best buy with the warranty, but I'm thinking of canceling the warranty add on and getting a refund. A lot of posters seem to think the burn in isn't much of a concern unless you watch TV all day, the same channel on all the time. I watch hockey and I play video games. Not all day. The c8 from what I understand has a couple defenses against burn in as well. If anyone has any further insight please share. Returning the best buy warranty gets me 400 bucks back.
You watch hockey and got an OLED? Why would you do that to yourself with the ABL? Main reason why I returned my LG OLED.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1039 posts
138 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Is hockey that bad? I use my panasonic plasma and the ice really isnt white. Sort of dull looking. But its watchable. It had burn in issues as well, after the first week i stopped caring lol. Is the abl that aggressive on the c8?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
7099 posts
1105 upvotes
London
SamiK25141 wrote:
It's not an issue and extended warranties are a complete waste of money. Use your credit card extended warranty and enjoy the set.
Nov 7, 2012
59 posts
19 upvotes
Alberta
fudge_u wrote:
Oct 21st, 2018 2:54 pm
Doubt it... LD had it for $2800 last month, but it was a weekend sale only. I doubt it'll go any lower than that. The 65" B7 is $2500 on sale right now at LD.
Talked with a guy at my local Visions he said they can't do $2800 for the 65 C8. Said it was some sort of price match that they no longer can do. Offered $3k for it. Didn't take the offer as of yet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)