Computers & Electronics

LG 43UM7300 / 43UN7300 4K IPS TV (2019/2020) Discussion Thread - TV-Monitor Dual Use

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2022 9:03 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
In my office, I go between my workstation LG UM7300 (2019) and my employee's UK6300 (2018).

While I'm less discriminating than most, and I'm fine with the 2018, I'm reminded how much better the 2019 proves when you flip back and forth.

My employees uses the 2018 as her main driver and swears by it, as did I. That said, I know an improvement when I see it.

I'm looking forward to getting the LG UN7300 43" (2020) on a firesale, points, or cashback... I'm salivating at the potential improvements.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
We needed a new panel, and an opportunity presented itself.

I picked up the LG UN6951 43" 4K IPS TV (2020). I calibrated it, and the unit will be deployed offsite.

$375 CAD + HST (Ontario)

I don't know who decided that price, but thank you. This panel is almost as good as the UM7300 (2019).

Is it 4:4:4? Hard to say, I did a zoomed-in view from my S10+, and the pixels looked up-and-down vertically parallel, no sideways pixels like with the LG 2018 panels. With that said, I may have counted 4 sub-pixels, and an apparent RGBW architecture.

If this is RGBW, it's an improvement over the pixel structure of prior years because the text sharpness is closer to the UM7300 (2019) than the UK6300 (2018). I scratch this up to the vertical alignment in the new panel.

On a tight budget, the UN6951 is a good choice for bright rooms.

For darker rooms, and if you don't care about off-angles, I would explore VA panels as they're getting very good in 2020.

Manufacturer Page: https://www.lg.com/ca_en/tvs/lg-43UN6951ZUA
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2003
2417 posts
1299 upvotes
YVR
Hey

I'm in Vancouver area - if anyone interested in selling your UM7300 LG 43" - give me a shout. Mine just died argh...

cheers

c
Oct 22, 2012
7 posts
Montr
Hi All,

Someone on Kijiji is selling a brand new UM7300 for 340 with 1 yr LG warranty. Is this a good deal?

Thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
deepbrar wrote: Hi All,

Someone on Kijiji is selling a brand new UM7300 for 340 with 1 yr LG warranty. Is this a good deal?

Thanks
It's not bad. I would try to negotiate down to $300.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1684 posts
298 upvotes
What the PC-HDMI input resolutions availible on it? I can't for the life of me find it on the LG website or in the PDF manual.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
CameraBill wrote: What the PC-HDMI input resolutions availible on it? I can't for the life of me find it on the LG website or in the PDF manual.
Most of the common resolutions are supported, numerous.

Let's start by asking which you need.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1684 posts
298 upvotes
3840x2160. My work computer is an old Lenovo. This is what I found on reddit but I can confirm it works on a 2560 x 1600 monitor. On a TV I can work with these resolutions even unscaled.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
CameraBill wrote: 3840x2160. My work computer is an old Lenovo. This is what I found on reddit but I can confirm it works on a 2560 x 1600 monitor. On a TV I can work with these resolutions even unscaled.
2160p is natively supported.

1600p is not 16:9 so it would work but with a scaling adjustment.

1440p would scale smoothly as 16:9.
Sep 17, 2015
154 posts
345 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Hi I was able to find a demo model um7300 at Best Buy... he let me have it for $350 with 2 year warranty thrown in..:
I have it set up with my iMac as a 2nd screen... I feel a lag with the mouse? I followed the expert settings from this page.
Thanks for the help!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
BhangraMan wrote: Hi I was able to find a demo model um7300 at Best Buy... he let me have it for $350 with 2 year warranty thrown in..:
I have it set up with my iMac as a 2nd screen... I feel a lag with the mouse? I followed the expert settings from this page.
Thanks for the help!
The Game Mode must be activated. I believe there is guidance on this in the first post, but I'll double check.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
@BhangraMan

From post #2.

Settings >> Picture >> Picture Mode Settings >> Picture Mode>> Select 'Expert (Bright Mode)'

Now go back to: Settings >> Picture

> Energy Savings
Select 'Off'

> Additional Settings
Instant Game Response - ON
HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color - ON
Sep 17, 2015
154 posts
345 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: @BhangraMan

From post #2.

Settings >> Picture >> Picture Mode Settings >> Picture Mode>> Select 'Expert (Bright Mode)'

> Energy Savings
Select 'Off'

> Additional Settings
Hi tried all that still have slight delay in typing and mouse use and overall app usage..
any other tricks or ideas?
Using imac and have this as a 2nd screen
thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
BhangraMan wrote: Hi tried all that still have slight delay in typing and mouse use and overall app usage..
any other tricks or ideas?
Using imac and have this as a 2nd screen
thanks
Try all this below, word for word.

If you have HDR enabled, disable it, it's pointless on this panel.

Detailed Calibrations

Go to Direct Connector in the Input Menu. Select 'PC' > Select 'View your PC Screen' > Select the HDMI Input connecting your PC. Doing this gives you a decent initial calibration, with more tweaking available at the user's leisure.

> Energy Savings
Select 'Off'

> Additional Settings
Sep 17, 2015
154 posts
345 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: Try all this below, word for word.

If you have HDR enabled, disable it, it's pointless on this panel.

Detailed Calibrations

Go to Direct Connector in the Input Menu. Select 'PC' > Select 'View your PC Screen' > Select the HDMI Input connecting your PC. Doing this gives you a decent initial calibration, with more tweaking available at the user's leisure.

> Energy Savings
Select 'Off'

> Additional Settings
Hi that’s what I had originally done

I don’t have a setting for hdr?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
BhangraMan wrote: Hi that’s what I had originally done

I don’t have a setting for hdr?
I had this problem early on and solved it. It's been a while though.

In 'Windows HD Color Settings' in Windows 10, there's a toggle for HDR. Make sure it's off.

In the LG panel settings, I believe there's a picture mode called 'Game' instead of 'PC'. 'Game' provides the absolute lowest latency.
Sep 17, 2015
154 posts
345 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: I had this problem early on and solved it. It's been a while though.

In 'Windows HD Color Settings' in Windows 10, there's a toggle for HDR. Make sure it's off.

In the LG panel settings, I believe there's a picture mode called 'Game' instead of 'PC'. 'Game' provides the absolute lowest latency.
I’m using an iMac

So I should be using game mode instead of expert
Bright?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
See below, @BhangraMan.
dufFWant wrote: Image

Just tried that. The results in Game Picture Mode are much better than in Expert mode with Instant Game Response. A noticeable delay in the latter.

This might be my video card issue, not sure. I checked display settings in Windows (under Advanced display settings), and it shows that the TV is at 29 Hz refresh rate, which seems rather low. Don’t know what I’m talking about here, as I’m not an expert on this stuff, but I read that these TVs can do 60 and 120 Hz. The mouse trails are quite choppy in either mode - it’s probably the same issue, but, again, I’m not sure.
Sep 17, 2015
154 posts
345 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Game mode worked!! The lag is not noticeable the untrained eye :) thanks for the help!!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
I do indeed like this TV.

LG, it's time you drop the LG 43UN7300 to $429 CAD, like you did it's predecessor in mid-2019.

I feel like BTS is that opportunity.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)