Computers & Electronics

LG 43UM7300 / 43UN7300 4K IPS TV (2019/2020) Discussion Thread - TV-Monitor Dual Use

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2022 9:03 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
ivorm wrote: So I received my TV today and I didn't really think about cables for it until now. When I plugged it into my PC I was only given 1080p/60 for the highest option in the Nvidia control panel. My computer has a Nvidia Quadro P600 with four mDP (mini displayport) outputs and supports 4x 4096x2160 @ 60Hz. All I've ever used are 1080p monitors and I found out today my amazonbasics cables only support 1080p.

Looks like I need a new adapter and HDMI cable. Does anyone know if I'd need an active or passive mini displayport to hdmi adapter? I assume any hdmi 2.0 cable will do? I was looking at a few different adapters on amazon, but it's hard to tell the good from the bad on amazon when it comes to this stuff. here are a few I was looking at:

The description on this one sounds promising but some of the reviews aren't great:
https://www.amazon.ca/Plugable-DisplayP ... 160&sr=1-3

This one looks okay:
https://www.amazon.ca/DisplayPort-ICZI- ... 324&sr=8-5

This is the company that Nvidia recommends for accessories:
https://www.amazon.ca/Accell-Mini-Displ ... 7Y6DU?th=1

Then there are bunch of other cheaper ones that seem to have the right info in the descriptions that run $12-$16 but I don't know if I trust them.

Edit: updated link to show correct plugable adapter
The Nvidia recommended option seems well received but that price is steep.

I don't have a silver bullet cable for your mDP setup, it's about finding the most likely effective cable that's reasonable priced. If you find one that works, please report back for the benefit of others.

Thank you and God speed!
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
Sorcerer wrote: Installed my new 43UM7300 and upgraded my graphics card to a Gigabyte GT1030. I absolutely love this monitor! Was struggling with bad lag with my mouse until I updated the Nvidia drivers to the latest release. Now everything is smooth and buttery. Very happy with this setup, thanks again redflagdealsguy!
You've been a patient keener, I'm glad things worked out nicely for you!
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1849 upvotes
North Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote: You've been a patient keener, I'm glad things worked out nicely for you!
How is that Perlesmith stand working out for you? I am thinking that I'd like to raise the TV a bit higher and the model of stand you bought looks good. A few reviews on Amazon have mentioned that their TV leaned forward slightly, was this an issue for you? TIA!
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
Sorcerer wrote: How is that Perlesmith stand working out for you? I am thinking that I'd like to raise the TV a bit higher and the model of stand you bought looks good. A few reviews on Amazon have mentioned that their TV leaned forward slightly, was this an issue for you? TIA!
If it does lean forward, it must be very slight because I haven't noticed. You can easily adjust the height by where you align the screws on the TV's VESA threaded holes (back-side) before catching the now-screwed metal piece of the TV on the metal frame of the stand.

The PERLESMITH allows you to adjust height only, you cannot adjust the vertical or horizontal axis of the TV. Put differently, as far as I know, it will only ever face forward and perpendicular to the flat surface of the mount.

I like it and I've run with it, but I won't rule out other effective alternatives.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1849 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks very much for the quick feedback, much appreciated! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1849 upvotes
North Vancouver
Ok, I have just installed the Perlesmith stand recommended by redflagdealsguy and it's a very solid and good looking stand with a nice tempered glass base. Overall, an excellent choice and I am very pleased. Thanks for the recommendation redflagdealsguy!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
@Sorcerer, very happy it's working out for you.

I own two of the mounts, one for the UK6300 (2018) and the UM7300 (2019).
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1451 posts
305 upvotes
I've been thinking of using this monitor arm (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00MIB ... _qh_dp_hza) as the TV weight without the stand is only 17.6 lbs, but the VESA mount is 200x200 and this monitor arm says it's compatible with 100x100 or 75x75. Do I need a VESA adapter to make this work? Because my desk is too shallow, I'm thinking of installing the monitor arm on the left side of my table and then pull the desk out from the wall so that I can position the monitor right in front of the wall so I can get a minimum of 3' from my sitting position.
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
Any reason why sometimes randomly my tv would flicker and turn off for about a second, then turn back on? It happens when I use my tv as a monitor.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1849 upvotes
North Vancouver
HailHydra wrote: Any reason why sometimes randomly my tv would flicker and turn off for about a second, then turn back on? It happens when I use my tv as a monitor.
I haven't experienced that myself, no idea why that would happen.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: Any reason why sometimes randomly my tv would flicker and turn off for about a second, then turn back on? It happens when I use my tv as a monitor.
Check your power source, ensure the power cable is properly seated on both ends. Do a firmware update just in case.

It could also be a display cable issue, try reseating the display cable on both ends. Trying a different HDMI 2.0 cable is also an option.

Another idea is to disable QuickStart+ because it's known to cause issues in prior generations of LG TVs.

If it's still an issue and you've tried everything, you can call LG for support or a warranty claim.
Jan 3, 2020
3 posts
3 upvotes
Just wanted point out, LG43UM7300 is available at Costco ( US) for USD $239 right now until Jan 26th. Just bought one. Interestingly, it is the Canadian Version ( LG43UM7300AUE) which is being sold by Costco. The US version ( PUA) is available at most other sellers like BestBuy, but the price is ~USD 330.
Last edited by deepukoshy on Jan 5th, 2020 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 2, 2018
180 posts
250 upvotes
Is the TV supposed to turn on and off automatically when my laptop turns on or off? Because mine doesn't for some reason. I enabled HDMI CEC, but I still have to turn on the TV with its remote when I turn on my laptop
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
deepukoshy wrote: Just wanted point out, LG43UM7300 is available at Costco ( US) for USD $239 right now until Jan 26th. Just bought one. Interestingly, it is the Canadian Version ( LG43UM7300AUE) which is being sold by Costco. The US version ( PUA) is available at most other sellers like BestBuy, but the price is ~USD 330.
Damn, is this deal still going?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
andygps wrote: Is the TV supposed to turn on and off automatically when my laptop turns on or off? Because mine doesn't for some reason. I enabled HDMI CEC, but I still have to turn on the TV with its remote when I turn on my laptop
The CEC questions are valid, but best left for the AVphiles here. If I find anything, I'll let you know.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
Finally mounted this thing with the Primecables full motion mount. Damn, this thing is huge! It's wider than my Dell 22" and 20" combined.

I've found it doesn't seem to like Night Shift. The colours are extremely red, so I had to turn it down to 30%.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
May 2, 2018
180 posts
250 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: The CEC questions are valid, but best left for the AVphiles here. If I find anything, I'll let you know.
Do you still use it as a monitor? Do you have to turn it off or on manually, or does your PC do it?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
andygps wrote: Do you still use it as a monitor? Do you have to turn it off or on manually, or does your PC do it?
I manually turn on the TV if I've been away for a while. It will turn itself off if it's been idle for a while, but that's because my PC is set to turn off the input after a certain time.

An easy fix, if I chose, would be to never turn off the input via settings and have it revert to active screen saver. This will keep the screen active and reduce the risk of image persistence.
May 2, 2018
180 posts
250 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I manually turn on the TV if I've been away for a while. It will turn itself off if it's been idle for a while, but that's because my PC is set to turn off the input after a certain time.

An easy fix, if I chose, would be to never turn off the input via settings and have it revert to active screen saver. This will keep the screen active and reduce the risk of image persistence.
Thanks for the tip, but the active screen saver is not ideal for me since the TV is in my bedroom and would be too bright for bedtime, plus save the planet don't waste energy etc.

If I set my PC to turn off the display, the TV doesn't turn off but just shows the 'no input message' or screen saver. It will eventually turn itself off after 2 hours, but that's because of a setting in the TV and not because my laptop is off.

I wish it would work like a real monitor, i.e turning on/off automatically when I power on/off my laptop without having to press the button on the TV/remote every time. I'll keep looking and see if I can find anything.
Jan 3, 2020
3 posts
3 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Damn, is this deal still going?
Yes it is. In US, not sure about Canada and it is not even a member only deal. Anyone can buy it but they will add the 5% surcharge for non-members. I ended up paying USD 251

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)