Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
574 posts
312 upvotes
Crna Gora

Lg Nexus 5 lcd and screen replacement

Hi, I cracked the screen on my phone. Can anyone recommend a place to get it replaced but with OEM parts and put in quality work unlike many I've seen so far.
I'm in North York
9 replies
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
574 posts
312 upvotes
Crna Gora
I don't think it is that expensive, the phone itself is that much :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6721 posts
3779 upvotes
Aurora
Less than 200 but FYI, pretty much all Nexus 5 screens are aftermarket, not OEM.
[OP]
Apr 24, 2013
574 posts
312 upvotes
Crna Gora
That's the thing that is driving me away of even fixing it. But it is such a good phone , damn.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3583 posts
813 upvotes
nimfomanijak wrote: Hi, I cracked the screen on my phone. Can anyone recommend a place to get it replaced but with OEM parts and put in quality work unlike many I've seen so far.
I'm in North York
http://mobilesquare.ca/lg-nexus-5-repairs/
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5470 posts
2996 upvotes
Toronto
I have a year old Nexus 5 with screen protector from day one with bad circuit board. Let me know if you want it or have it installed. Pm me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6721 posts
3779 upvotes
Aurora
Jimboski wrote: Are they legit? They're located inside a T&T?
Legit is a pretty open ended and subjective question. I'm sure they're decent and mostly honest guys trying to do a good job but I can assure you with 99.5% certainty that they are not using OEM parts (which is perfectly acceptable as long as they're up front about it). Be very careful of the term "OEM" in this industry as it is played with fast and loose with lots of different interpretations and means next to nothing. Say, the LCD and touchscreen are completely authentic and original LG, but the screen has been recovered from a phone with only glass damage and replaced with a non-original glass. Is this OEM - many stores would claim that it is. Or they'll mince words and say it's "original" - which it is, from a certain point of view. If they didnt' get it directly from LG, I say it's a refurb or aftermarket.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3583 posts
813 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Are they legit? They're located inside a T&T?
They're not going to be original OEM stuff unless you go through authorized LG but they do a decent job. YMMV.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.