Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

LG UM7300 43" IPS 4K TV [2019] (TV-as-Monitor) - $428.00 [Costco, TheSource, Amazon, BestBuy, Visions, LondonDrugs]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2024 12:59 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
lincoln wrote: So the company that Philips uses for RMA repairs apparently says my screen is broken, even though I packaged it in a TV box with foam and covered the screen with wrapping. The picture they sent me looks like someone punched the screen with a screwdriver.

This will be the last time I buy a Philips product.
Frustrating to read, let alone live.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1860 posts
890 upvotes
Any thoughts on this TV from Vizio? Primary use will be as a monitor for web browsing, productivity and watching video content, don't need to game or have amazing colour accuracy. Price at $300 seems decent, but not quite as good as the TCL that was at $250 during Prime Day.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
stillmatic11 wrote: Any thoughts on this TV from Vizio? Primary use will be as a monitor for web browsing, productivity and watching video content, don't need to game or have amazing colour accuracy. Price at $300 seems decent, but not quite as good as the TCL that was at $250 during Prime Day.
Vizio is famous for checkboard pixels on some of it's panels. Panel uniformity is also a more common problem, which is tolerable for a TV, but undesirable in a monitor. All their panels are VA, as well.

I'm not sure it's worth cutting that corner.

I would almost recommend the TCL S425 43" 4K VA TV if you want an oversized monitor on the cheap.

Best value for money remains the LG UM7300 43" 4K IPS TV-as-Monitor.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Aug 8, 2004
346 posts
63 upvotes
GVRD
How far back do you sit for this monitor? I'm on the fence at the moment because I'm not sure if it will be comfortable with head and eye movement.
Smokem wrote: Given the alignment of my circumstances, I justified getting a used GTX 1050 ti (graphics need and to run 4k) rather than going through all the cable adapters etc. and I also got this baby.

I'm only a few feet away but I am running everything at 100% font scale, 4:4:4 4k60. Wow lots of real estate and the picture is very nice and crisp. Excellent value, while not everything is perfect, neither were the 2x24" 1080p monitors it replaced.

While in awe, I was reminded of how I paid something similar for a 15" semi-flat CRT VGA monitor in the 90s. Very humbling, my how times have changed.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
yeedub wrote: How far back do you sit for this monitor? I'm on the fence at the moment because I'm not sure if it will be comfortable with head and eye movement.
At 100% scaling... I'm guessing, not as far as you'd think.

Apparently I'm a grandma for sitting 2.5' to 3.0' back at 150% scaling.
Feb 5, 2007
425 posts
353 upvotes
yeedub wrote: How far back do you sit for this monitor? I'm on the fence at the moment because I'm not sure if it will be comfortable with head and eye movement.
I've got the legendary Ikea Jerker Mark II desk. It is placed on an attached shelf about 2/3 of the way back so the middle of the panel is at eye level (no stand for the TV needed). There is a second shelf above it for stationery and other items, so it actually looks clean where it is placed.

I sit about two-ish feet away. I only tested it last night so far, but quickly found working in quadrants to be the best solution. It will need getting used to, but as with real estate, the more space the better. The LG split screen is pretty neat as well, even if gimmicky. If I am focused on something, I enlarge the window and place it center of the panel. You can replicate dual monitor working on two screens in the middle. The only qualms I am having with it so far is using remote desktop to log into my PC. I did this at lunch and I find I am having to downsize the resolution to 1080p so I can see the screen decent from my 900p monitor at work.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2733 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendations or good deals on an inexpensive soundbar or speakers to go with this TV to put in a bedroom?
Last edited by Usuyami on Aug 27th, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6019 posts
3614 upvotes
Toronto
BranCracker wrote: It's probably easier to just use the image on this page:

http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/2014 ... -4k-tv.png

If you can read the text in the bottom two lines fine, then it's using 4:4:4 subsampling.
This is a bit confusing.

I'm reading this on a Seiki se39uy04 39" UltraHD display that I bought five years and a few days ago. $350ish at Tiger Direct. At the time, I thought it would be a stopgap: new displays should have gotten better and cheaper quite rapidly. It turns out that for me, 30Hz hasn't been a great hardship and the chroma subsampling rarely intrudes.

It uses 4:2:2 subsampling. I can read all the lines of text. It is true that the last two are not quite as well-defined. But they are still quite readable.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Usuyami wrote: Any recommendations or good deals on an inexpensive soundbar or speakers to go with this TV to put in a bedroom?
Speaking of which, who killed the Costco page?

Did the last 14 units really disappear in a few hours?

Damn.
Feb 5, 2007
425 posts
353 upvotes
Usuyami wrote: Any recommendations or good deals on an inexpensive soundbar or speakers to go with this TV to put in a bedroom?
The LG SK1 seems decent enough
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2733 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the super detailed post @redflagdealsguy. Bought from Amazon with the Perlesmith mount. Saved me a lot of time having to do the research myself. This seems perfect for the bedroom for watching Netflix, playing the Switch, and connecting my laptop to.

Just need to find a good audio system. How is the audio on this tv? I'm assuming all tv speakers are still shit but my last tv was from almost 10 years ago.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Thank you, Usayami.

I have the audio sophistication of a ham sandwich, I would defer to others on audio advice. This TV's audio is more than sufficient for me, and actually sounds decent to my ears.
Sep 1, 2010
305 posts
37 upvotes
Can't seem to see the Costco link... I have online cash cards I would love to use.. anyone have a suggestion?
GT: N2D Bloodspillz ADDME!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
bloodspillz wrote: Can't seem to see the Costco link... I have online cash cards I would love to use.. anyone have a suggestion?
Costco - OOS
The Source - OOS Online // Limited In-Store Stock
Visions - In Stock
Amazon.ca - In Stock by September 3rd

This sale is ending August 29th, literally tomorrow. Costco won't restock by then, so I'm recommending you consider your options with Amazon.ca, or Visions, depending on your comfort level with that store. If you're part of the PSP program and a local The Source store has stock, you could get this TV for as little as $386 (coupled with Employee Discount). Always buy with a reputable credit card like Costco Mastercard to get that additional warranty extension to 2 years.
Feb 5, 2007
425 posts
353 upvotes
@redflagdealsguy Is there an easy way to have the TV turn on when you fire up your computer as a monitor normally would? Not opposed to pressing power on the remote/unit but just curious. I read about usb adapter for HDMI CEC but I wanted your opinion. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Smokem wrote: @redflagdealsguy Is there an easy way to have the TV turn on when you fire up your computer as a monitor normally would? Not opposed to pressing power on the remote/unit but just curious. I read about usb adapter for HDMI CEC but I wanted your opinion. Thanks!
Their may be a way. I'm on the other side of the country right now, so I can't trial solutions at this time.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Try enabling QuickStart+, @Smokem.

If it doesn't reset your input settings as it did for me on the LG 2018 (predecessor), it could put the monitor into a permanent standby (a good thing).
Feb 5, 2007
425 posts
353 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Try enabling QuickStart+, @Smokem.

If it doesn't reset your input settings as it did for me on the LG 2018 (predecessor), it could put the monitor into a permanent standby (a good thing).
Thanks, will give it a shot tonight. Responding to posts while away - that's dedication, much appreciated!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
mcwilly wrote: I just picked up this on sale at costco for 199 to use with this tv.
You may have forgotten to post the link... which has peaked my interest even more.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Aug 28th, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.