[LG] Very nice deal LG G8 ThinQ free $200 visa card :D + free warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2019 3:15 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2892 posts
953 upvotes
Vancouver
Leyogi wrote: Its a phone. A phone primary use is to make phone calls. If you need a great camera then buy a DSLR.
That was always the familiar refrain but it's no longer applicable. By your logic, that's like saying that if the chip isn't powerful enough you should just go get a computer. Conversely, if this is primarily a phone, just get a dumb phone.

These are all in one devices. Moreover, both Google and Huawei have been able to really advanced 'phone' photography. By extension, if they committed the resources LG could as well.

HyperTech wrote: I have rma my s7e for a screen burn.. Process was really really easy and VERY VERY FAST. 2 days and i got my phone back with a brand new screen.

I love samsung phone... But cannot say the same about their cloth washing and drying machine, curiously LG perform very well on those machine.
Cruel, but I have a LG phone and Samsung washer/dryer.
Nov 20, 2013
148 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HyperTech wrote: After, lg g2, 3 and 6 failed on me AFTER warranty... I am done with LG phone.

Without no apparent reason, digitilizer just stop working, same for wifi module that could not set to on. All hardware and software issue. When i talk on the phone, nobody can ear me properly, never again.

My samsung s7 edge still going strong after 5 years. I have dropped it many many time. Never failed. Just the battery start to loose capacity that i fixed with an external battery case.

LG phone? Think twice before purchase.
Samsung s7 was released Feb 2016, 3 years ago, not 5 ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as NOVUS, Modo, Car2Go, Evo and Endy mattress :)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4124 posts
3689 upvotes
Leyogi wrote: Its a phone. A phone primary use is to make phone calls. If you need a great camera then buy a DSLR.
Really? I'm willing to bet for the VAST majority of people making phone calls is FAR from the primary function of their smartphone, I wouldn't even put it into the 2nd place.

As for your 'buy a DSLR' comment, go crawl back under your bridge, unless you honestly have no concept of why lugging around a DSLR isn't always the best idea.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3623 posts
1299 upvotes
Quebec
pimpilsang wrote: Samsung s7 was released Feb 2016, 3 years ago, not 5 ;)
Lol yeah your right. Sorry.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3574 posts
398 upvotes
Vancouver
Poutinesauce wrote: Not true, LG phones always had great cameras.

The caveat is that they don't want to pay DXOMark's protection money, so DXOMark gives them bad scores.

In actual use they are certainly amongst the best.
Most online viewers praise LG for their continued committment to wide angle lens, but give them only average ratings for picture quality. In regards to music, the g7 also good decent reviews for music sound quality, but not much for talking sound quality.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3574 posts
398 upvotes
Vancouver
I happened to pass by the mobile shop (superstore west) and they had a sign indicating you get 200k PC points for the lg g8, but didn't read the fine print or which provider. But someoneay prefer PC points over a prepaid Visa or something else.
Banned
Apr 14, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
I have actually heard pretty good things about the LG G8 camera, the only thing that is stopping me is the serious depreciation over its lifespan... my last LG phone started getting very slow and laggy after one year.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4124 posts
3689 upvotes
kmchow wrote: Most online viewers praise LG for their continued committment to wide angle lens, but give them only average ratings for picture quality. In regards to music, the g7 also good decent reviews for music sound quality, but not much for talking sound quality.
Most reviewers rely heavily on DXOMark for their ratings, whether they admit to it or not.

I've personally done comparisons between the 'big guys', and frankly, in most situations, an untrained eye wouldn't be able to tell the difference between any of them. Those who know will be able to pick out Samsung because of it's tendency to over-saturate scenes (Huawei is even worse).

Since about the S8/G6 there has been very little improvement in smartphone cameras in most situations. The 'bleeding edge' is night sight modes, there Google is FAR superior to both Samsung and LG (but strikingly inferior to Huawei P30 Pro in many situations).

Back to topic: one area LG has regressed is 'how wide' the wide angle lens is. They narrowed it on the G5 -> G6 transition, and have again for the G7 -> G8 transition. I know they are trying to fight distortion, but a user of a super wide angle lens is USED to distortion, so I don't see the point. Here Samsung is far superior in the S10.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4124 posts
3689 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: Bootloop
Fireball and explosion? Galaxy Note 7, released 2016.

Bootloop? G4. A 2015 phone.

Some G5s had bootloop issues, but it was much less common then the G4, some would say rare.

G6 and G7 have been solid.

Go back under you bridge, you'll be more comfortable there.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2014
611 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kmchow wrote: I happened to pass by the mobile shop (superstore west) and they had a sign indicating you get 200k PC points for the lg g8, but didn't read the fine print or which provider. But someoneay prefer PC points over a prepaid Visa or something else.
can't you get both $200?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4124 posts
3689 upvotes
vanclty wrote: can't you get both $200?
You should, the $200 VISA card is from LG, assuming TMS is a 'trusted' vendor with LG I don't see why you couldn't have both?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8748 posts
1837 upvotes
London
repatch wrote: Fireball and explosion? Galaxy Note 7, released 2016.

Bootloop? G4. A 2015 phone.

Some G5s had bootloop issues, but it was much less common then the G4, some would say rare.

G6 and G7 have been solid.

Go back under you bridge, you'll be more comfortable there.
Had two G3, sold them last August and a G4 manufactured in early 2016 and sold it a month ago, All 3 have no bootloop problem and working fine. Picked up a very good condition G5 for $85 to replace my HTC M8 which battery is dying, will turn itself off at around 70%, sold it to a guy for $60, he told me he had an order from Mexico for the M8, he also told me he made good money by buying used phone here and ship them back to Mexico for resale.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2014
611 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kmchow wrote: I happened to pass by the mobile shop (superstore west) and they had a sign indicating you get 200k PC points for the lg g8, but didn't read the fine print or which provider. But someoneay prefer PC points over a prepaid Visa or something else.
actually just called a local store.

He said it's only 100k points, both new and existing customers. Can be combined with 200 visa offer.