• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 5:51 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
gotglint wrote: really? dang...

wonder if i shoulda got a Whirlpool. our last ones are and they've been rock solid.
well don't expect newer machines to last as long as your old one... Our Inglis been working flawlessely for 24 years. I expect our new LG last maybe 10 years?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
15150 posts
12537 upvotes
GTA, ON
I have a LG WM4370 and have never seen this problem. I also use Pyrex HE. I don't use much soap (only up to first line) but I do have a soft water system.

Have you checked the drain pump filter to see if it's clogged?

Might as well check the drain tube too, make sure it isn't kinked somewhere. I know when the installers installed it, they rammed the drain tube all the way to the bottom of the drain pipe which caused water to not flow properly (probably was a back flow). I had to pull it back a bit and install as per instructions (which I believe was about 4 inches into the opening of the pipe)

From what I remember reading somewhere, if it's clogged and the tub drains slowly, it could leave residue because the rinse cycle is not working optimally.
Last edited by chimaican on Jul 7th, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I have a LG WM4370 and have never seen this problem. I also use Pyrex HE. I don't use much soap (only up to first line) but I do have a soft water system.

Have you checked the drain pump filter to see if it's clogged?

From what I remember reading somewhere, if it's clogged and the tub drains slowly, it could leave residue because the rinse cycle is not working optimally.
As I said, we had the issue with our 24 years old washer, and now have this issue with our brand new washer, letting me says that it is not a washer problem, maybe more a detergent or water problem? Maybe cheap fabric? the more soap I used the more it occured, so bad rinse cycle?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
15150 posts
12537 upvotes
GTA, ON
DoorCrasher wrote: As I said, we had the issue with our 24 years old washer, and now have this issue with our brand new washer, letting me says that it is not a washer problem, maybe more a detergent or water problem? Maybe cheap fabric? the more soap I used the more it occured, so bad rinse cycle?
But did OP try to open the front door access panel and check to see if the filter was clogged in some way?

I just edited my original post to check something else. It's unlikely but no harm in checked that too.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1110 posts
1576 upvotes
chimaican wrote: But did OP try to open the front door access panel and check to see if the filter was clogged in some way?

I just edited my original post to check something else. It's unlikely but no harm in checked that too.
when i was on the phone with LG i did ask about any filters i should check on or clean. they said there was nothing...?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Oh.... I'm bad...

We're talking top loaders... I thought it was front loaders. My mistake...
no problems, you just tried to help ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 29, 2008
3815 posts
1230 upvotes
Curious to know do you have a top load? My old house had brand new maytag top load and it had the same problem, we switched to sunlight from tide and that really did help but never fixed the problem. Had to wash and then pull and mix the shirts/pants and run an extra rinse, the dryer would clear up the rest of the lint.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2553 posts
497 upvotes
Kitchener
I used to get those when I added too much powdered soap (top load). When I used less soap or liquid, it went away. That was my old unit and I don't remember the manufacturer.

I now have two LG front loading machines (1 at home, other at the cottage). I only use liquid or pods and I haven't had the problem. Fwiw I also find the front loader is more sensitive to overloading.
Tired of renting from Reliance? This might be useful reliance-home-comfort-2464779/2/#p34473179
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: Curious to know do you have a top load? My old house had brand new maytag top load and it had the same problem, we switched to sunlight from tide and that really did help but never fixed the problem. Had to wash and then pull and mix the shirts/pants and run an extra rinse, the dryer would clear up the rest of the lint.
yes, HE top load. I use Purex liquid soap, just like OP
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
Washed another load today, issue still occured... getting sick with this
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2090 posts
1683 upvotes
Montreal
We have a top loading washer #WT7300CW and use liquid soap because I heard the pods and powdered leave residue. I use Gain or Tide and no issue here. We don't use fabric softener.

We do have an issue with the dryer #DLEX7250W. I can't get the damp signal to work therefore I can't configure the wifi. Anyone encountered this issue ? I tried unplugging the dryer for a couple minutes. I'll have to call in for service.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
elpaso wrote: We have a top loading washer #WT7300CW and use liquid soap because I heard the pods and powdered leave residue. I use Gain or Tide and no issue here. We don't use fabric softener.

We do have an issue with the dryer #DLEX7250W. I can't get the damp signal to work therefore I can't configure the wifi. Anyone encountered this issue ? I tried unplugging the dryer for a couple minutes. I'll have to call in for service.
Wifi have nothing to do with the damp signal as far as I know. Just download the app, follow instructions and voilà. Washer / dryer will connect automatically. Take note that it only works on 2.4 GHz
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
2090 posts
1683 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote: Wifi have nothing to do with the damp signal as far as I know. Just download the app, follow instructions and voilà. Washer / dryer will connect automatically. Take note that it only works on 2.4 GHz
To do so, the damp signal/WiFi button on the dryer needs to work. The app won't do anything if the button don't work... Anyways I'll call for service.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
elpaso wrote: To do so, the damp signal/WiFi button on the dryer needs to work. The app won't do anything if the button don't work... Anyways I'll call for service.
Sorry, now I understand that the button is broken. My bad. You effectively have to press that button. I find that the touch button are hard to press.... sorry to hear that tour unit already had issues at reception
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1263 posts
46 upvotes
I've used two different LG washers (front load) and haven't experienced any of these problems. Had an LG top load in a rental and didn't hear of any complaints.

It almost seems like two separate issues, one is residue leftover and one is lint issue.

For residue, try to use different detergent and possibly even mix in different water temperatures to see if it makes a difference. What if you throw in a very light load with zero detergent? Do you still get any lint or residue?

For the lint issue that is really weird, almost like lint from somewhere has been trapped in the machine and it isn't getting cleared out. For this maybe run a couple of empty cycles with hot water and vinegar/bleach? Another thing may be to watch the machine mid cycle and see if you notice anything in the water without putting any load in.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
Macross_Freek wrote: I've used two different LG washers (front load) and haven't experienced any of these problems. Had an LG top load in a rental and didn't hear of any complaints.

It almost seems like two separate issues, one is residue leftover and one is lint issue.

For residue, try to use different detergent and possibly even mix in different water temperatures to see if it makes a difference. What if you throw in a very light load with zero detergent? Do you still get any lint or residue?

For the lint issue that is really weird, almost like lint from somewhere has been trapped in the machine and it isn't getting cleared out. For this maybe run a couple of empty cycles with hot water and vinegar/bleach? Another thing may be to watch the machine mid cycle and see if you notice anything in the water without putting any load in.
We wash with cold water... Maybe bad detergent in cold water? I have tried another detergent, had same issu but less serious issue... Have we found something? For sure it is not lint trapped because we have this since load #1.

Tests continues... Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8433 posts
2084 upvotes
Just throwing ideas out there......is it possible to fill the tub empty and let it agiate it a few minutes then lift the top to see if there any lint and dirt in the clean water?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7474 posts
7978 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: Just throwing ideas out there......is it possible to fill the tub empty and let it agiate it a few minutes then lift the top to see if there any lint and dirt in the clean water?
I think it is possible, but useless in my case. Issue started since load #1, and occured with previous washer as well. Is it, in my case, obviously not a washer issue IMHO

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)