Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WestJet

From LGA to Canada: Cheapest: LGA->YYZ 64$ ai (OW)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2012 9:00 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse

[WestJet] From LGA to Canada: Cheapest: LGA->YYZ 64$ ai (OW)

Westjet is currently offering great deals from NY LGA to several Canadian destinations. The cheapest is to Toronto Pearson for 64$ all in, luggage included. Thanks to high Canadian taxes and fees, the return flight costs about double. But if you are travelling on a shoestring, you can take Megabus, starting at 1.50$. It takes 9 or 10 hours though.

Some flights from LGA via YYZ to wherever are now cheaper, than just going from YYZ to wherever (I checked with Deer Lake).
11 replies
Dec 23, 2010
9 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Hi,

Could you please tell me how it works out to be be 64 ai? For me it shows 117(99 base fare and rest taxes)..

Thanks,
D
sokolov wrote: Westjet is currently offering great deals from NY LGA to several Canadian destinations. The cheapest is to Toronto Pearson for 64$ all in, luggage included. Thanks to high Canadian taxes and fees, the return flight costs about double. But if you are travelling on a shoestring, you can take Megabus, starting at 1.50$. It takes 9 or 10 hours though.

Some flights from LGA via YYZ to wherever are now cheaper, than just going from YYZ to wherever (I checked with Deer Lake).
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
Sure. I looked for August, One Way from LGA to YYZ. Base fare is 49.50 (try August 15, the days before and after all have flights for that price), which makes it 64.01 USD ai.

You have to use the current promotion for Eastern destinations. (Codes are Promoc Code PCR15 and Coupon 1RPTFGL).

A month earlier it works as well, but with lesser availability.
Feb 21, 2003
779 posts
211 upvotes
LGA is probably the worst airport I've ever been to.

Hot deal for Christmas/New Years though if you plan that far ahead.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2008 posts
292 upvotes
FYI

Seasonal service from New York (La Guardia), NY (LGA) to Toronto, ON (YYZ) starts Jun 4, 2012.

If you were looking for something earlier.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks op. Needed to extend my Canada Day stay in my by a day. Contacted westjet and they quoted me $300 (total for 2 tickets) to change my return ticket from 7/1 to 7/2. Bought 2 oneway tickets from Lga to Yyz for $128.00 on 7/2!!!! Gonna do the no show on 7/1 and enjoy another day in nyc. Thanks op.
Nov 11, 2007
459 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
hostlead wrote: LGA is probably the worst airport I've ever been to.

It's my favorite in the NYC area. It may be ugly (at least the Air Canada terminal), but it's easy to get around and the cheapest/easiest of the 3 to get into Manhattan from.
Oct 19, 2010
17 posts
8 upvotes
mau_mau wrote: Thanks op. Needed to extend my Canada Day stay in my by a day. Contacted westjet and they quoted me $300 (total for 2 tickets) to change my return ticket from 7/1 to 7/2. Bought 2 oneway tickets from Lga to Yyz for $128.00 on 7/2!!!! Gonna do the no show on 7/1 and enjoy another day in nyc. Thanks op.

so you get $128 for 2 tickets? $64 each??
i looked at 7/2 but it's only showing up $99 base.> :(

i checked on a/c, and theirs is $240 round trip ($99 base each way, taxes in)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
saleicake wrote: so you get $128 for 2 tickets? $64 each??
i looked at 7/2 but it's only showing up $99 base.> :(

i checked on a/c, and theirs is $240 round trip ($99 base each way, taxes in)
yup - when i booked, the 630am, and 930am flights were $45.XX
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
hostlead wrote: LGA is probably the worst airport I've ever been to.
You haven't been to a lot of airports around the world, have you. :-)

I love LGA for its location. 25-30$ in a town car from Brooklyn. Last time it took me like 12 minutes - OK, traffic was very light. But try that with JFK or EWR!

A while ago I actually booked YHZ-XXX-LGA-XXX-LGA instead of YHZ-EWR-YHZ. It wasn't cheaper and took longer in flight, but it got me to LGA and thus door-to-door travel time was a little shorter. And much less of a hassle.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
The sale has been extended until tomorrow, Easter Monday, April 9.