• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2018 2:46 pm
[OP]
Feb 21, 2018
51 posts
5 upvotes

Line of Credit for P.Eng

Hi There,

I have a very good credit score above 800 but my debt ratio is about 60%. I am wondering which Bank has a special package for Professional Engineers (P.Eng) that my application for Line of Credit could be approaved.

Thanks,
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4965 posts
1600 upvotes
chrisnm wrote: Hi There,

I have a very good credit score above 800 but my debt ratio is about 60%. I am wondering which Bank has a special package for Professional Engineers (P.Eng) that my application for Line of Credit could be approaved.

Thanks,
Try National Bank. Look at their website. May get bank prime for unsecured LOC. They have tough lending guidelines though. Good luck.
Aug 16, 2013
533 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Speedy1 wrote: Try National Bank. Look at their website. May get bank prime for unsecured LOC. They have tough lending guidelines though. Good luck.
I think it is Prime + 1 for unsecured LOC. HELOC is at prime as far as I know.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5788 posts
5298 upvotes
chrisnm wrote: Hi There,

Thanks,
Professional Line of Credit programs have special adjudication in terms of credit limit and interest rate.... it's still an income-based application and you need to have the income to support the loan.

You'll likely need a strong co-borrower to get approved.
Oct 12, 2014
725 posts
113 upvotes
North York, ON
roofgoof wrote: I think it is Prime + 1 for unsecured LOC. HELOC is at prime as far as I know.
Prime + 1 is pretty good. Is this only for engineers?
[OP]
Feb 21, 2018
51 posts
5 upvotes
Is there any discount regarding the income to expense ratio for engineers? Debt service ratio? Or they still follow the same guidelines as the regular customers?
Aug 16, 2013
533 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
chrisnm wrote: Is there any discount regarding the income to expense ratio for engineers? Debt service ratio? Or they still follow the same guidelines as the regular customers?
As far as I know, they don't discount further but you may need to talk to them to see if they do.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2018
51 posts
5 upvotes
I am working at 2 jobs. one is from 8 to 4 another from 5 to 7. Do banks consider 2 pay stub?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
942 upvotes
chrisnm wrote: I am working at 2 jobs. one is from 8 to 4 another from 5 to 7. Do banks consider 2 pay stub?

Thanks

have ready the last 3 years of tax return/notice of assessment from the CRA + of course verified income from both jobs as well as any other income
[OP]
Feb 21, 2018
51 posts
5 upvotes
Still my question is that which bank can give a better unsecure line of credit to professional to professional engineers?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
942 upvotes
contact your professional association & ask them

My picks for you are Meridian, Alterna & CIBC
Feb 25, 2018
66 posts
which banks give a good rate for engineers?

Right now I am with RBC and I'm getting Prime (3.45%) + 2.25 = 5.7% for unsecured LOC. Where can I do better?
Feb 2, 2010
333 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
raptors64 wrote: which banks give a good rate for engineers?

Right now I am with RBC and I'm getting Prime (3.45%) + 2.25 = 5.7% for unsecured LOC. Where can I do better?
CIBC does. I have prime+1%