• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2015 9:38 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
1021 posts
1406 upvotes

[Lids] 40% off Maple Leafs and Oilers Hockey Gear

Enter code NHL40 and get 40% off on Maple Leafs and Oilers hockey gear.

*Excludes Clearance, Fan Zone, Autographed memorabilia. Ends June 1, 2015.
36 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4888 posts
953 upvotes
Good deal,

Not sure who would buy any merchandise from 2 of the worst teams in the NHL?
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Penalty Box
Aug 11, 2005
4175 posts
1430 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: Good deal,

Not sure who would buy any merchandise from 2 of the worst teams in the NHL?
Buy now for next year's stanley cup finals.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10397 posts
4279 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Unless you are getting amazing deal, I would not order from Lids. They charge your CC right away and you wait for order about a month. After that your order may or may not be fulfilled. Basically they like to waste your time. So unless you are getting 80-90% off don't bother.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3026 posts
1035 upvotes
I ordered. I didn't get a confirmation email though... Is that weird?

Also I didn't use ebates... Use ebates
Sep 30, 2007
545 posts
127 upvotes
Andro wrote: Unless you are getting amazing deal, I would not order from Lids. They charge your CC right away and you wait for order about a month. After that your order may or may not be fulfilled. Basically they like to waste your time. So unless you are getting 80-90% off don't bother.
And as someone who doesn't care about having $50 locked up for a while, this doesn't affect me. Yes their shipping time sucks, but depending how important it is, I don't care. I'm more concerned with getting a great deal, and if they don't have the product and I get my money back. I'm ok with that.
Oct 8, 2012
10 posts
SCARBOROUGH
Just saw their return or exchange policy and see that if its over $100, you cannot return it in the retail store. Has anyone tried returning an item over $100?

Wonder if the still applies if the item is less than $100 after the 40% discount...

[QUOTE]Returning an Item
You can return a purchase from our website to any of our local retail stores (exclusions may apply) or by mail to our Customer Care Department. For a list of retail stores near you, click here.
Exclusions:
Orders over $100.00 or special order items not carried in our local retail stores must be returned to our Customer Care Department.
Items purchased using PayPal or Bill Me Later® cannot be returned or exchanged at a retail location, these items must be returned to our Customer Care Department.[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3026 posts
1035 upvotes
Dubtownsouth wrote: And as someone who doesn't care about having $50 locked up for a while, this doesn't affect me. Yes their shipping time sucks, but depending how important it is, I don't care. I'm more concerned with getting a great deal, and if they don't have the product and I get my money back. I'm ok with that.
Did u get a confirmation email right away?

Also how do you know when it's ready for pickup?
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15242 posts
5121 upvotes
The only Canadian teams eliminated from the playoffs.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1307 posts
686 upvotes
Wendover, ON
How will this merchandise hold up on the golf course?
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10397 posts
4279 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Dubtownsouth wrote: And as someone who doesn't care about having $50 locked up for a while, this doesn't affect me. Yes their shipping time sucks, but depending how important it is, I don't care. I'm more concerned with getting a great deal, and if they don't have the product and I get my money back. I'm ok with that.
Cool.

I was just pointing out to others. As an example: My last order was around $70 (mostly clearance, readily availble for weeks on their website even after my order was placed). Waited about a month, out of that order only $6 worth of stuff was fullfilled, everything else was cancelled. Worth mentioning is that in that time I have called them about 5 times to see if they can fulfill or cancel the order. I have a feeling they have stock, but will not fulfill unless it's really worth it for them. I realize that other companies may do the same (thought only happened to me very few times), but at least you don't have to wait a month to find out what happens to your order. Also Lids is notorious for having either phantom stock or not fulfilling orders. I'll still order, but only stuff that is really cheap. Definitely nothing in 40% off range, not worth the hassle.
Jan 12, 2005
554 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary
anyone know if you can stack their club discount on top of the 40% off code?
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1141 upvotes
Mississauga East
I would never support the Toronto Maple Laughs
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10397 posts
4279 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
centerfleet wrote: any free shipping codes?
Ships free to your closest store, don't think there is free shipping otherwise, unless you hit minimum.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
3026 posts
1035 upvotes
Just called they said I should get it in 10 days
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1544 posts
69 upvotes
Luckyinfil wrote: Buy now for next year's stanley cup finals.
Nothing is impossible…except this one.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5100 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
I'm buying an Oilers jersey just to thank them for tonight :razz: .