Shopping Discussion

Lids.ca is in violation of CASL

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 12:21 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7374 posts
8062 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

Lids.ca is in violation of CASL

Just throwing this out there as an FYI. I'm in the process of reporting it to the Government.

When Fanatics took over the operation of Lids.ca in early 2019 they completely changed the site (to the generic Fanatics layout), and now the "Unsubscribe" link they include in emails no longer works, and there isn't even an option in your account to disable marketing emails either (even though it acknowledges you're signed up for them?).

So uh, don't sign up for them.

E: Also to point out how much of a joke this seemingly is, the "Unsubscribe" section of their Help Centre hasn't been updated since February 13th, 2019 - which was before the changeover
9 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4857 posts
3318 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
i concur, lids.ca is garbage. Haven't purchased anything from the new lids.ca, used to impulse buy lots of $6, $3 hats that I never wear. :-)
😱
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16835 posts
32859 upvotes
Scarborough
I haven't bought anything from Lids since 2018. What's the go to place for discount hats these days? Sport Chek?
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3716 posts
1112 upvotes
Vancouver
Funny you created this thread. I had signed up for emails from lids.ca a long time ago, at least a few years ago. Pretty sure I had unsubscribed as I stopped receiving emails from them. But recently I've been getting their emails again every day... and it goes straight to my spam. And nothing has changed on my end.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7374 posts
8062 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
litebrite wrote: Funny you created this thread. I had signed up for emails from lids.ca a long time ago, at least a few years ago. Pretty sure I had unsubscribed as I stopped receiving emails from them. But recently I've been getting their emails again every day... and it goes straight to my spam. And nothing has changed on my end.
Is it Gmail? I don't know what logic it applies but it seems like it catches the odd email from say Best Buy or Ebay and throws it in the spam box but lets 20 others through with no issue.
b0ne wrote: i concur, lids.ca is garbage. Haven't purchased anything from the new lids.ca, used to impulse buy lots of $6, $3 hats that I never wear. :-)
Yeah I had no idea Fanatics took over running both websites (.com and .ca) until I finally visited it again the other night and realized it looked exactly like the NFL and NHL shop websites (again, both .com and .ca) and also my old login no longer worked Face With Tears Of Joy

The selection is pretty much garbage now and they want FIFTEEN dollars to ship anything!
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
20744 posts
6215 upvotes
GTA
Fanatics makes garbage merchandise. Literally almost as bad as knock offs, but at 5x the price.


I did not know Lids.ca was bought out, no more of that for me.

Thanks for heads up.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1338 posts
912 upvotes
London, On
coriolis wrote: Fanatics makes garbage merchandise. Literally almost as bad as knock offs, but at 5x the price.


I did not know Lids.ca was bought out, no more of that for me.

Thanks for heads up.
Fanatics is actually the real stuff. They won the MLB apparel contract, and bought Majestic, which was the former supplier, a few years ago.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
20744 posts
6215 upvotes
GTA
djeffery wrote: Fanatics is actually the real stuff. They won the MLB apparel contract, and bought Majestic, which was the former supplier, a few years ago.
All the fanatics gear I've purchased, MLB and NHL hats, shirts have been bad, seams are fraying, sizing is all over the place. Mind you these were purchased about a year ago and I've ignored the brand since. I'll check it out again then, I was not impressed, especially at the MSRP prices.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3716 posts
1112 upvotes
Vancouver
chemicalxv wrote: Is it Gmail? I don't know what logic it applies but it seems like it catches the odd email from say Best Buy or Ebay and throws it in the spam box but lets 20 others through with no issue.
Lol, bingo. Gmail... you nailed it. I've also encountered the odd spam filtering lately.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)