• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 12:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1133 posts
1246 upvotes
Pointe Claire
My problem with them is they never bring in any new Sabres merch...lots of fans in Southern Ontario and others across the land with great taste, a penchant for disappointment and rooting for the underdog.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1047 posts
623 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Balduno wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 9:20 am
I’m generally a 7 3/4, sometimes a 7 7/8. New Era has the best fit in my opinion. The fact that they are handmade sometimes means the sizing is iffy.
New Era is definitely somewhat...lacking in Quality Control.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3032 posts
506 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 11:35 am
New Era is definitely somewhat...lacking in Quality Control.
Sometimes yeah. But they’re better than the alternatives, at least for me.
Jul 7, 2009
572 posts
233 upvotes
Ordered 3 hats at $6 each over boxing week sale, didn't hear a word from lids after ordering for 2 weeks, until finally I asked after 3 weeks and they said the package is ready for pickup at store. Service kinda sucks.

It's a darn good deal at $6 though .
Jun 14, 2017
58 posts
32 upvotes
I have never received any notification of my articles being ready for pickup at a store...until this year (technically ordered end of Dec 2018)! This year they broke my order up into two separate deliveries and notified me both times accurately.

Normally I just head in after approximately two weeks and they've always been ready for me.

I am not overly concerned about the differences in sizing with New Era caps personally. Although the actual size varies a half size or so in either direction, the fits of my caps changes as my hair grows in anyhow. That is one of the reasons I like having a large selection of caps. I guess I am lucky that I am always one size, no matter the length of my hair.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1342 posts
149 upvotes
Woodbridge
Lids used to call when the order is good to be picked up. Now they email. After you picked up they email again saying transaction complete
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
3329 posts
15980 upvotes
Montreal
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 10:16 am
My problem with them is they never bring in any new Sabres merch...lots of fans in Southern Ontario and others across the land with great taste, a penchant for disappointment and rooting for the underdog.
... Go Bills!
I'm often at Costco...
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3032 posts
506 upvotes
I have always received a phone call when my order was ready for pickup. The store I get it sent to is in a less busy mall.

For my last order, a few months ago, I got a phone call and an email when the order was there.
Jul 11, 2018
549 posts
495 upvotes
Balduno wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 2:31 am
Sometimes yeah. But they’re better than the alternatives, at least for me.
I've had Zephyr hats for the last 15 years, doing fine with their fitted M/L size (normal hats, not the ghetto ones), you'd likely be a fitted L/X size if you can find any left worth buying.
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3032 posts
506 upvotes
TaurusJudge wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 8:28 pm
I've had Zephyr hats for the last 15 years, doing fine with their fitted M/L size (normal hats, not the ghetto ones), you'd likely be a fitted L/X size if you can find any left worth buying.
I would need to try on in store first. Thanks for the suggestion.