Shopping Discussion

Lifetime Warranty and/or Great Customer Service - Alpha List of Companies

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 9:08 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6396 posts
2703 upvotes
Targus lifetime warranty does not cover wear and tear - however, the work around is to break a zipper with a pair of pliers and the warranty becomes applicable. If they no longer make your laptop bag, they will offer a substitute which often is a higher model than the one you are making your warranty claim for.
I have used the warranty claim process a couple of times to get new laptop bags and I have nothing but compliments for the quality of their service.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2592 posts
2604 upvotes
GTA
Just adding this to alpha list for Costco, thanks to @jacnel

Costco reply, clarifying their return policy:

"In response to your email, please kindly be advised that we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on every item we sell. We accept returns for items as long as it is within a reasonable amount of time. We typically provide our members 1 year to return the item but please note that we reserve the right to deny a return at any time. Please be advised this does not include items that have a 90 day return policy.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14908 posts
7853 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mzmoney wrote: Just adding this to alpha list for Costco, thanks to @jacnel

Costco reply, clarifying their return policy:

"In response to your email, please kindly be advised that we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on every item we sell. We accept returns for items as long as it is within a reasonable amount of time. We typically provide our members 1 year to return the item but please note that we reserve the right to deny a return at any time. Please be advised this does not include items that have a 90 day return policy.
I'm not sure "a reasonable amount of time" qualifies as a lifetime warranty. It does qualify for Great Customer Service however.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2592 posts
2604 upvotes
GTA
craftsman wrote: I'm not sure "a reasonable amount of time" qualifies as a lifetime warranty. It does qualify for Great Customer Service however.
Oops, I am editing title of thread as Lifetime Warranty and/or Great Customer Service, as you mentioned, Costco does not offer lifetime warranty, even though some seem to think so :)

In Alpha List:
Costco - Generous Return Policy

A few in the alpha list are 'Limited Lifetime' or even less, however, are mentioned more for excellent customer service, based on feedback.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2467 posts
2068 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
mzmoney wrote: Oops, I am editing title of thread as Lifetime Warranty and/or Great Customer Service, as you mentioned, Costco does not offer lifetime warranty, even though some seem to think so :)

In Alpha List:
Costco - Generous Return Policy

A few in the alpha list are 'Limited Lifetime' or even less, however, are mentioned more for excellent customer service, based on feedback.
Even so Costco is well known for returning items years down the line. Some have reported successfully returning items purchased 3 to 6 years ago if they break.

Edit: They also have great support for electronics.
DUCA credit union member

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)