Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: Liftetime VPN Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 1:25 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3725 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto

Liftetime VPN Deals

Not sure how reliable these VPNs are but here is a list I found.

My needs are that my computer remains secure when logging using a VPN service and for anonymity.

1. Which of these (if any) is worth it?
2. What features should I look for?
3. Is there a site that has relatively less bias that reviews these services? The ones I found appear to be paid for by VPN providers.

RA4W Lifetime Subscription $19.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/ra4w-vpn-l ... bscription

Zoog VPN: Lifetime Subscription $29.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/zoog-vpn-l ... bscription

OneVPN Lifetime Subscription $29.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/onevpn-lif ... cription-2

VPN.Asia Lifetime Subscription $39.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/lifetime-v ... 8e6322db28

TigerVPN Lifetime Subscription $49.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/tigervpn-l ... cription-3

VPN secure Lifetime Subscription $49.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/vpnsecure-lifetime-3

VPN Unlimited Lifetime Subscription $49.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/vpn-unlimi ... bscription

Windscribe Lifetime Subscription $49.99 (another thread)
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/windscribe-vpn

HidemyassVPN 2 Year Subscription $54.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/hidemyass- ... cription-3

VPN Unlimited Lifetime Subscription $55.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/vpn-unlimi ... ion-bundle

Infinity VPN Lifetime Subscription $55.99
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/infinity-vpn $55.99

Private Internet Access 2 year Subscription for $59.99 (another thread)
https://deals.gdgt.com/sales/private-in ... bscription $59.99
66 replies
May 29, 2012
624 posts
256 upvotes
Southern Ontario
thanks for list, I have been considering a subscription for a while but haven't really sat down and done the research for options.
Do these site allow torrenting also?
Feb 19, 2011
324 posts
101 upvotes
Oshawa
PIA is really good. No logs, good speeds, no issues with torrenting. Won't work with netflix of course but other than that, highly recommended.
Nov 13, 2016
457 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
I am really interested in this as well. I have been looking for good deals on lifedeals , haven't searched but still interested.
Still being robbed by Canada's Telecos.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1128 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto, On
Isildur101 wrote: PIA is really good. No logs, good speeds, no issues with torrenting. Won't work with netflix of course but other than that, highly recommended.
do any ?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3725 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
TorrentFreak (not sure about bias) reviewed a number of these including PIA and Windscribe (which is based on Ontario) Some interesting info such as Windscribe does not have any kill switches but has a firewall:

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-a ... 17-170304/

Questions

1. Do you keep ANY logs which would allow you to match an IP-address and a time stamp to a user/users of your service? If so, what information do you hold and for how long?
2. What is the registered name of the company and under what jurisdiction(s) does it operate?
3. Do you use any external visitor tracking, email providers or support tools that hold information about your users/visitors?
4. In the event you receive a takedown notice (DMCA or other), how are these handled?
5. What steps are taken when a valid court order or subpoena requires your company to identify an active user of your service? Has this ever happened?
6. Is BitTorrent and other file-sharing traffic allowed (and treated equally to other traffic) on all servers? If not, why?
7. Which payment systems do you use and how are these linked to individual user accounts?
8. What is the most secure VPN connection and encryption algorithm you would recommend to your users?
9. How do you currently handle IPv6 connections and potential IPv6 leaks? Do you provide DNS leak protection and tools such as “kill switches” if a connection drops?
10. Do you offer a custom VPN application to your users? If so, for which platforms?
11. Do you have physical control over your VPN servers and network or are they hosted by/accessible to a third party? Do you use your own DNS servers?
12. What countries are your servers located in?

Private Internet Access
1. We do not store any logs relating to traffic, session, DNS or metadata. There are no logs for any person or entity to match an IP address and a timestamp to a user of our service. In other words, we do not log, period. Privacy is our policy.
2. Private Internet Access is operated by London Trust Media, Inc., with branches in the US and Iceland, which are a few of the countries that still respect privacy and do not have a mandatory data retention policy. Additionally, since we operate from the countries with the strongest of consumer protection laws, our beloved customers are able to purchase with confidence.
3. All of our VPN systems and tools are proprietary and maintained in house. We utilize some third-party tools in order to provide a better customer experience. By Q3 2017, all of these third party tools will be transitioned to in-house solutions.
4. We do not monitor our users, and we keep no logs, period. That said, we have an active, proprietary system in place to help mitigate abuse.
5. Every subpoena is scrutinized to the highest extent for compliance with both the “spirit” and “letter of the law.” While we have not received valid court orders, we periodically receive subpoenas from law enforcement agencies that we scrutinize for compliance and respond accordingly. This is all driven based upon our commitment to privacy. All this being said, we do not log and do not have any data on our customers other than their signup e-mail and account username.
6. BitTorrent and file-sharing traffic are allowed and treated equally to all other traffic (although it’s routed through a second VPN in some cases). We do not censor our traffic, period.
7. We utilize a variety of payment systems, including, but not limited to: PayPal, Credit Card (with Stripe), Amazon, Google, Bitcoin, CashU, and any major store-bought gift card and OKPay. Payment data is not linked nor linkable to user activity.
8. Currently, the most secure and practical encryption algorithm that we recommend to our users would be our cipher suite of AES-256 + RSA4096 + SHA256.
9. Yes, our users gain a plethora of additional protections, including but not limited to:
(a) Kill Switch: Ensures that traffic is routed through the VPN such that if the VPN connection is unexpectedly terminated, the traffic will not route.
(b) IPv6 Leak Protection: Protects clients from websites which may include IPv6 embeds, which could lead to IPv6 IP information coming out.
(c) DNS Leak Protection: This is built-in and ensures that DNS requests are made through the VPN on a safe, private, no-log DNS daemon.
(d) Shared IP System: We mix clients’ traffic with many other clients’ traffic through the use of an anonymous shared-IP system ensuring that our users blend in with the crowd.
(e) MACE™: Protects users from malware, trackers, and ads
10. We have custom applications to which our users have left amazing reviews. PIA has clients for the following platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, iOS and a Chrome Extension (Coming soon). Additionally, users of other operating systems can connect with other protocols including OpenVPN, SOCKS5 (unencrypted), and IPSec, among others.
11. We utilize our own bare metal servers in third-party datacenters that are operated by trusted friends and, now, business partners whom we have met and on which we have completed serious due diligence. Our servers are located in facilities including 100TB, Choopa, Leaseweb, among others.
We also operate our own DNS servers on our high throughput network. These servers are private and do not log.
12. As of the beginning of 2017, We operate 3283 servers across 37 locations in 25 countries. For more information on what countries are available, please visit our network information page.

Windscribe
1. We do not store connection logs, IP timestamps, or sites you visit (we are firm believer that one’s browsing history should be taken to one’s grave). We store total amount of bandwidth your account has consumed in 1 month period, which is reset every month on the day of your registration. This is used to enforce free tier limitations (as you can use Windscribe for free) as well as prevent abuse. We do not store historical usage.
2. Windscribe is operated by Windscribe Limited, in Ontario, Canada, which has no data retention directives that apply to VPN companies.
3. We do not rely on any 3rd party tools. Website analytics are collected via self-hosted Piwik instance, and the helpdesk is powered by an open source version of osTicket, which is also hosted in-house. Emails are sent out directly through our servers, and we don’t utilize 3rd party mail sending services.
4. Since we have no logs to link this kind of activity to any single user, we simply notify the sending party of this fact.
5. Although we never received a valid court order for user data, we received multiple subpoenas from various law enforcement branches of governments. Our response is always the same: as we don’t keep any logs that can link historical activity to any single user, we have nothing that we could provide.
6. BitTorrent is allowed on all servers except India, which has strict abuse policies and it’s the only way we can keep servers there. We simply block known torrent trackers in that location.
7. We accept payment via Paypal, Credit card (through Stripe), Bitcoin (through Bitpay) and Payment Wall. Transaction IDs are discarded after they are verified to be legitimate payments.
8. We use AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key. We support perfect forward secrecy. This is the only configuration we offer.
9. Our desktop application comes with a built in firewall, which blocks all activity outside of the tunnel. This is superior to a “kill switch” because its a proactive measure. If your connection drops, any external connectivity is blocked by default, which guarantees that there will be no leaks. The same firewall also blocks ipv6 and WebRTC requests from leaking. Each node is configured as a DNS server, which is only accessible via the tunnel over a LAN ip, this guarantees that requests will be made over the tunnel, with no chance of leaks.
Our browser extension blocks ads, trackers, social widgets, and rotates the user agent. This allows for much greater level of privacy, as a VPN alone will not give you the level of protection that is typically advertised.
10. We offer custom applications for Windows, Mac, Google Chrome, Firefox, iOS and Android is coming in Q2 2017.
11. We lease dedicated machines from 3rd party hosting providers world wide. Each VPN node is configured as a DNS server, which is only accessible over a LAN ip, if you’re connected to the node itself.
12. We operate servers in 45 countries, which are listed here.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3725 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
OneVPN
1. The answer to this question is 50% ‘Yes’ and 50% ‘No’.
We do not keep any log of users’ original IP which can lead anyone to their physical location. We do maintain the login and logout time against the client area username for the bandwidth usage by user. We keep the bandwidth usage data only for 7 days until the money-back guarantee is valid. On the eight day, we discard the data and keep zero logs of our paid users.
2. OneVPN is a product of Unravel Technologies, a Hong Kong based registered company.
3. No, we do not use any external visitor trackers or support tools. For communicating with customers regarding their initial credentials, inquires, support tickets and complaints, we have a customized in-house emailing portal. For sending marketing emails and Newsletters, we use Sandy (Amazon based email portal).
4. Based in Hong Kong, we are not bound by any law to keep logs of our users. The only information we have about our client is the login and logout time. This information can only lead towards OneVPN’s server which the user might have connected to. We cannot provide any further information because we do not have any. If any DMCA or other notice landed to us, all we can provide them is login and logout time.
5. First of all, in all ten months of our operations it has never happened to us. If any such scenario arises in future, we cannot identify the user as we do not have any logs of our user’s identity. We can only lead to the server the user once connected to.
6. Yes, BitTorrent and other file-sharing traffic is allowed on all OneVPN’s servers except USA, Canada, and Australia. We have physical servers and in the aforementioned countries P2P file sharing is not allowed. Users can connect to Netherlands, Germany, France, or any other server to download torrents.
7. We offer PayPal, Web Money, BitCoin, and Credit Card option via third party merchants. The user visits OneVPN’s website and selects the payment method. Once the payment is made by the user, it goes directly to the Payment merchant. The Payment Merchant verifies the payment and gives OneVPN the go head.
We send the credentials for the user via email. Once the payment is through it lands in OneVPN’s account. In the entire process, the user provides the required information to the Payment Merchant and not to OneVPN. This way every user is anonymous to us.
8. OneVPN is among the few VPN providers to offer Openconnect via Cisco Anyconnect. This protocol helps users to achieve the highest level of security with 256bit AES encryption and the fastest speed at the same time. We highly recommend all our users to use Openconnect protocol.
9. We do not support IPV6. Hence, it eliminates all vulnerabilities associated with IPV6 leaks. The best and most recommended way to avoid IPv6 leaks is to disable the functionality from your desktop interface. Yes, we do provide DNS leak protection and NAT firewall comes with all our VPN servers. The user does not need any manual configuration or prior setting for DNS leak protection. We also provide an Internet Kill Switch feature in our Windows App. You can also configure the Kill Switch option on your Mac while using OneVPN.
10. We offer customized VPN apps for Windows, Mac, and Android.
11. We have selected the best data centers to host our servers. We operate 100% physical servers which all run on BSD. All our VPN servers have their own DNS.
12. We have 60+ VPN servers deployed in 20 countries. You can check the complete list of all the locations here.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
123 upvotes
Logtown
Isildur101 wrote: PIA is really good. No logs, good speeds, no issues with torrenting. Won't work with netflix of course but other than that, highly recommended.
Issue with PIA is too many sites blocking them.
Dec 9, 2016
403 posts
314 upvotes
which one work whit netflix?
Aug 6, 2005
189 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
wolfkin wrote: do any ?
ExpressVPN
Aug 6, 2005
189 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
CruelDabest1 wrote: which one work whit netflix?
ExpressVPN
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
Just a heads up, for TigerVPN you only get access to 15 of their nodes for a lifetime subscription. I was going to buy it until I read that in the specs. Thanks for posting this though! I'm currently looking for a good vpn myself.

"TigerVPN offers you lifetime access to 15 nodes. Here's the complete list of nodes you can connect to: NL - Amsterdam US - Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York RO - Bucharest NO- Oslo DE - Frankfurt UK - London ES - Madrid CA - Montreal, Toronto AT - Vienna CH - Zurich FR- Paris"
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Many US expats are fed up with PIA, which really is now a P. I. the A.

Windscribe keeps dropping connections for me.

I've been using Express VPN. It's not lifetime, but is rock solid.

Any "lifetime" subscription will eventually fail you. Without recurring revenue, they must keep refilling their new customer bucket to stay afloat. It's a race to the bottom.
In your pants!
Dec 4, 2012
112 posts
74 upvotes
BURNABY
Craiger55 wrote: Anyone with experience with NordVPN? They have a good 2 year deal for CNet subscribers for under 4 a month.

Rated 5 out of 5 at https://www.cnet.com/best-vpn-services-directory/

Thanks
I used NordVPN for a year. To be honest, I was not impressed. Speeds were not great, connections dropped regularly, and I had quite a hard time connecting to some of the busier servers. On top of that, their support was not great. I would not recommend them.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2010
1128 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto, On
FatWallet wrote: Many US expats are fed up with PIA, which really is now a P. I. the A.

Windscribe keeps dropping connections for me.

I've been using Express VPN. It's not lifetime, but is rock solid.

Any "lifetime" subscription will eventually fail you. Without recurring revenue, they must keep refilling their new customer bucket to stay afloat. It's a race to the bottom.
I've only been using WindScribe for a month or two. But I've had no issues aside from the major ones (it's based in the same country I live, no netflix)
May 13, 2015
399 posts
266 upvotes
Sarnia
Rikersbeard wrote: I used NordVPN for a year. To be honest, I was not impressed. Speeds were not great, connections dropped regularly, and I had quite a hard time connecting to some of the busier servers. On top of that, their support was not great. I would not recommend them.
Thanks, appreciate the reply. May I ask what you ended up getting after?
Feb 19, 2011
324 posts
101 upvotes
Oshawa
AndySixx wrote: Issue with PIA is too many sites blocking them.
Really? Have never run into a site I wanted to go to that blocked me because I was using a VPN. Aside from Netflix, of course, but I understand their geolocking even if I don't agree with it. Would be interested in finding out which sites block PIA.

EDIT: Interesting results. I have noticed some sites ask for a captcha before allowing me access when using PIA. https://jerrygamblin.com/2016/07/06/top ... tor-users/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)