None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9414 posts
972 upvotes
GTA

A light for a BBQ

Looking to get some kind of outdoor light for my BBQ.. (a Weber Silver C).. Any suggestions? I was reading that the light handle isn't that great (according to reviews on Amazon.com). The price is WAY cheaper in the US then here (on amazon.com it is $24 USD, a local supplier wants $70+ dollars).

However, I am looking for other options. What do other people do for their BBQing? The BBQ is now on the lower portion of the patio and there isn't much light there. So, either I move it up to the main deck, or get some kind of light..
8 replies
Aug 11, 2003
434 posts
7 upvotes
This would depend on how handy you are with electrical wiring and how much money you want to spend.

You can simply get an electrician or yourself to add a light to the outside wall of your house. You would need to make sure that there is a electrical circuit close by that has less than 12 receptacles on a 14 guage wire. This is something you should not do yourself unless you know the electrical codes.

If you need to get light further out from the side of the house, you might look into low voltage garden lights. This is relatively easy to do for a do it yourselfer. You can find quite a number of nice looking low voltage light fixtures at Home Depot. I installed a low voltage light at the boat dock at the cottage.

Or you can use a good old flashlight.

Albert S.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6011 posts
436 upvotes
BC
i use one of those lights on a hook, people use them in the garage when working on a car or something?
anyways, the bbq is in the deck, so i just hook the light up above the bbq, works great.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2004
1149 posts
112 upvotes
Keelie wrote:i use one of those lights on a hook, people use them in the garage when working on a car or something?
anyways, the bbq is in the deck, so i just hook the light up above the bbq, works great.
I heard the #1 cause of Winter fires in Toronto - BBQ'ing in the garage.

Don't know if it's true, but makes sense...
Jun 5, 2003
366 posts
Camping lantern. They have the propane ones and battery operated ones. But you can just put it beside your BBQ.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6011 posts
436 upvotes
BC
dealzuser wrote:I heard the #1 cause of Winter fires in Toronto - BBQ'ing in the garage.

Don't know if it's true, but makes sense...
i dont bbq in the garage... i was mentioning the light is one people normally use in a garage.
my bbq is on the deck, i use the light, it plugs in and hangs above.
That's my 2cents worth
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9414 posts
972 upvotes
GTA
I think I will try the latern thing.. thanks for that idea. Seems like a good "handsfree" option