• May 6th, 2021 7:28 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5502 posts
2523 upvotes

Lincoln, Ontario

How good is this area? Thinking of selling current detached in Mississauga for $1.7M and buying a similar size detach in Lincoln for $1.2M.

Pocket the ~$400K and maybe invest in a down payment on a condo in downtown Toronto or Mississauga.

Would I be bored in Lincoln though compared to Mississauga? Are the winters worse?
9 replies
Jun 1, 2019
220 posts
264 upvotes
I take it you're talking about Beamsville / Vineland / Jordan areas.
Bored: It's quieter here than in Mississauga. No nightlife, bars, etc. But the outdoor activities are far superior (hiking, cycling, etc), plus wineries. What are you into?
Winters: Very very similar, maybe 1C warmer.
Full Service Realtor
Niagara / Hamilton-Burlington
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5502 posts
2523 upvotes
Tailwind72 wrote: I take it you're talking about Beamsville / Vineland / Jordan areas.
Bored: It's quieter here than in Mississauga. No nightlife, bars, etc. But the outdoor activities are far superior (hiking, cycling, etc), plus wineries. What are you into?
Winters: Very very similar, maybe 1C warmer.
I'm not into nightlife or bars. But I'm worried about food options from restaurants/fast food etc.
Sep 6, 2013
65 posts
83 upvotes
Hamilton
ar2020 wrote: I'm not into nightlife or bars. But I'm worried about food options from restaurants/fast food etc.
not much food options. But you can have sick bon fires and out door activities.
Jun 1, 2019
220 posts
264 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: I'm not into nightlife or bars. But I'm worried about food options from restaurants/fast food etc.
Beamsville has lots of fast food (near the QEW)
Grimsby and St Catharines offer most of what you'd find in the GTA.
It's not as readily convenient as in Mississauga - takes a bit more planning - but with Grimsby and St Catharines on either side of Beamsville / Vineland / Jordan, you can have pretty much whatever you want as long as you're out and about a few times/week.
Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1942 posts
583 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Lincoln, oh my god, is only an intersection not even an area or town or anything, according Google map.
I know you talk about the house but the town is nearly ignorable.
I won't pay 120k not even mention 1.2m. for anything there.
You are out of mind. Why not get three 3 condo and rent out.
<No Anti-Liberal political content in signatures>
Jun 1, 2019
220 posts
264 upvotes
napoleonbot wrote: Lincoln, oh my god, is only an intersection not even an area or town or anything, according Google map.
I know you talk about the house but the town is nearly ignorable.
I won't pay 120k not even mention 1.2m. for anything there.
You are out of mind. Why not get three 3 condo and rent out.
A well-informed comment. Thanks for your insight.
Full Service Realtor
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5502 posts
2523 upvotes
Crazy market. The property I was looking at was listed for $1.2M but they just did a price change to $1.4M!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1837 posts
671 upvotes
Elgin, ON
Lincoln, there is a good handful of conservation areas, and a handful of wineries, but not much else. Of course, it is right next to St Catharines and Grimsby though, so you’re never too far away from city conveniences.
Jun 1, 2019
220 posts
264 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: Crazy market. The property I was looking at was listed for $1.2M but they just did a price change to $1.4M!
Things are still red-hot crazy down here in Niagara.
Full Service Realtor