Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton

Line jumping on the Gardiner expressway

I was driving to downtown recently and the road was jammed. Some peeps are really bad, they would drive on the empty right hand lane which is for entering the gardener. I could see them clearly coming from further back on the gardener and not entering from the on ramp. They clearly were jumping the line. I tried to block one of them but had to give in and let him in cause I didn't want to get into an accident. But it made me so mad.

Do you let these line jumpers in or not?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
32 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
All they are doing is jumping 2-3 cars ahead ...bravo, bravo....like that's going to beat traffic.
cheapmeister wrote: I was driving to downtown recently and the road was jammed. Some peeps are really bad, they would drive on the empty right hand lane which is for entering the gardener. I could see them clearly coming from further back on the gardener and not entering from the on ramp. They clearly were jumping the line. I tried to block one of them but had to give in and let him in cause I didn't want to get into an accident. But it made me so mad.

Do you let these line jumpers in or not?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10409 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
people people people, hate thoses kinds of peeps, jump ahead and I block them hahahha
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Feb 17, 2004
790 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Only in the GTA do you see this kind of crap. Another idiotic thing that I see is people getting in the lanes to exit from the highway, but then dart back in at the last minute to get ahead 2 cars.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6254 upvotes
Poormond Hill
overboost wrote: Only in the GTA do you see this kind of crap. Another idiotic thing that I see is people getting in the lanes to exit from the highway, but then dart back in at the last minute to get ahead 2 cars.
You also see it a lot in third world countries. Maybe that is where they got the idea. Immigrants bringing their "manners" here rather than leaving it behind
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1247 posts
770 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
I agree that if you're forcing yourself into traffic, it's annoying. At the same time, in the city, I always see people getting mad that someone raced to the light in a lane that was ending 200m after the red light. I see no problem in that as they're cutting the line but realistically they're not bothering anyone
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2009
5162 posts
1253 upvotes
Caledon
Why get involved? Let them do what they want, sooner or later it'll catch up with them.
[removed external advertising links]
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
it's called self-centred, holler than thou Toronto drivers.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2015
1108 posts
214 upvotes
Was that you I passed? Sorry about that. Did you see me thumbing my nose at you?

Life is way too short to stress over things like this. Let the idiots be idiots, and stop stressing.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
bruceh2015 wrote: Was that you I passed? Sorry about that. Did you see me thumbing my nose at you?

Life is way too short to stress over things like this. Let the idiots be idiots, and stop stressing.
When you see it everyday, it becomes part of your life.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2015
1108 posts
214 upvotes
mcg wrote: When you see it everyday, it becomes part of your life.
I know, but the reality is that there are tons of things in life that are annoying and frustrating. You're just creating unnecessary stress for yourself by getting worked up about this. Lots of idiots on the road. Oh well. Lots of idiots in life.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
The police ought to be all over this. Much easier than setting up a speed trap.
ShadowVlican
Sep 19, 2013
958 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
Sometimes when im on my man period I like to leave bit of a gap in front of me as bait, and then when a traffic cheater comes I close the gap as he tries to cut into my lane. I know it's petty as hell but so satisfying sometimes.
Banned
Dec 14, 2011
461 posts
26 upvotes
Markham
ShadowVlican wrote: The police ought to be all over this. Much easier than setting up a speed trap.
If they set up a post by the Finch East/ West onramps on the 404 SB during rush hour, they'd be rich. Lots of people jumping into the merging lane from the Finch East onramp, goes into the shoulder and into the lane from the Finch West on ramp. Then the Sheppard Ave exit lane is clogged because self centered idiots want to squeeze into the queue that goes to the 401. Congratulations you've only saved a couple of minutes. But it could've been much faster if people actually stayed in lane.

That's the area I now avoid. I'd rather deal with idiots on Don Mills who accidentally go the wrong way on The Peanut.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4290 posts
2082 upvotes
BC
sandikosh wrote: You also see it a lot in third world countries. Maybe that is where they got the idea. Immigrants bringing their "manners" here rather than leaving it behind
This...
It's like you are in india again
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
afretes wrote: Why get involved? Let them do what they want, sooner or later it'll catch up with them.

I try not to let it bother me but i find it disrespectful.

It'slike you wouldn't dare cut in front of me when I'm standing in line so because you're in your car it's okay?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7098 upvotes
West GTEH!
afretes wrote: Why get involved? Let them do what they want, sooner or later it'll catch up with them.
+1. Karma or what goes around comes around.................................
😎
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13011 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Doing this slows down everybody behind. I agree that a cop car should be stationed to catch them.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1796 posts
332 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote: The police ought to be all over this. Much easier than setting up a speed trap.
at1212b wrote: Doing this slows down everybody behind. I agree that a cop car should be stationed to catch them.
Unfortunately, ramp cheating is not illegal in ontario, nor is passing on the right [Section 150 (1)] if it's done safely and within the marked roadway. I've never done the ramp cheating myself, but I have done the "get off highway - get back on highway" manoeuvre which saved at most 7-8 minutes in a crawling rush hour traffic. (Wife was driving one car ahead of me on DVP northbound when I tried it at the Finch exit/lights/entrance)
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1796 posts
332 upvotes
overboost wrote: Only in the GTA do you see this kind of crap. Another idiotic thing that I see is people getting in the lanes to exit from the highway, but then dart back in at the last minute to get ahead 2 cars.
sandikosh wrote: You also see it a lot in third world countries. Maybe that is where they got the idea. Immigrants bringing their "manners" here rather than leaving it behind
Swerny wrote: it's called self-centred, holler than thou Toronto drivers.
Sorry, but I've seen driving like this in Montreal, on the 401 by Kingston and on Highway 11 by Gravenhurst. Toronto might experience longer commutes and higher density traffic, but you're delusional if you think this is strictly an immigrant "GTA" move. Both instances on the 401 and Hwy 11 was because accidents far up ahead had slowed normal traffic to a crawl, but that didn't stop some "local" drivers trying to "ramp cheat" in their pickup trucks.

edit: I know it's a national pastime for non-Torontonians to mock anything Toronto, but all this self-hating by people living in the GTA is dumb stereotyping. Bad drivers are everywhere in Canada regardless of where they live. If Thunder Bay or Sarnia had 60 minute highway gridlocks, they'd have a few rotten apples doing ramp cheating too.