17 posts
77 upvotes

Free Linkedin Learning

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Retailer:
Linkedin Learning
Get free access to all courses on Linkedin Learning (unsure of the expiry date for this deal)

Follow the link and sign up with your new or existing Linkedin profile by clicking the "Job seekers click here to sign up" button.

You will be surprised by how many courses Linkedin Learning has to offer!
26 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3694 posts
5013 upvotes
Oakville
ginger9300 wrote: Get free access to all courses on Linkedin Learning (unsure of the expiry date for this deal)

Follow the link and sign up with your new or existing Linkedin profile by clicking the "Job seekers click here to sign up" button.

You will be surprised by how many courses Linkedin Learning has to offer!
This is meant for youth employment services, and is funded by the Ontario government.

I hope it doesn't get abused by non youth folks.

I get LinkedIn access from UofT as an alumini, like any other UofT graduate, so don't need this. Thank you for posting though, I hope it reaches those of our youth that can develop some skills.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1527 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
I believe you also can get free Linkedin Learning via Toronto Public Library.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5395 posts
2610 upvotes
gyong3 wrote: I believe you also can get free Linkedin Learning via Toronto Public Library.
And Mississauga libraries
Jun 4, 2007
589 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
And Hamilton library also...this has been discussed a few times to get access to the free versions thru a local account....Check the Expired forums.

BUT I would suggest that the MODS should somehow pin this because everyone needs to find access to free online learning...seeing its our method to keep in mental shape and WFH. Maybe a new forum for seeing/getting progressive assistance for personal benefit/teachings....I guess it will take something outside the FREE sub forum (I never really check them personally.....maybe a stigma to me)...but maybe something about Personal Development in another thread....not my expertise though...haha.

IMHO getting these courses free thru our funded libraries is easily a HOT DEAL!!!

Peace to all.
Last edited by g00f on Aug 23rd, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 27, 2011
881 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: This is meant for youth employment services, and is funded by the Ontario government.

I get LinkedIn access from UofT as an alumini, like any other UofT graduate, so don't need this. Thank you for posting though, I hope it reaches those of our youth that can develop some skills.
Is this only for recent UofT graduates? How do get access as an alumni? TIA
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1980 posts
1114 upvotes
I'm pretty sure this is free for almost all libraries. Also, you can signup for a digital card on a lot of them not even as a resident which gets you access to this and the digital library.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1500 posts
913 upvotes
ottawa
gyong3 wrote: I believe you also can get free Linkedin Learning via Toronto Public Library.
Thank you! Ottawa Public Library also has this. This is fantastic for keeping up with CPA CPD hours.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote: I'm pretty sure this is free for almost all libraries. Also, you can signup for a digital card on a lot of them not even as a resident which gets you access to this and the digital library.
Which libraries offer such cards?

Personally given how many resources libraries provide I try to sign up with as many as I can just in case

EDIT:

Got mine after about 12 hours. Likely being vetted by a real person is my guess.
zdpz wrote: This is meant for youth employment services, and is funded by the Ontario government.

I put in my real age, which is by no means a "youthful" age lol. I put the ball in their court and they approved me, I have zero issues using it as a result.

Also, Microsoft gives out a lot of stuff for free or dirt cheap for humanitarian causes, I doubt the government is footing some absurd bill but I get what you're saying.
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Aug 24th, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 14, 2019
797 posts
719 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm not getting anything on my email after submitting the details...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
Darshan7 wrote: I'm not getting anything on my email after submitting the details...
Me neither, been over an hour
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3694 posts
5013 upvotes
Oakville
gekaizer wrote: Is this only for recent UofT graduates? How do get access as an alumni? TIA
Go to alumini page, sign up, click new learning, then enter your details, they take 3 weeks to verify you, and then they send you a link. Done.

All alumni.

You welcome sir
-ZdpZ... ;)
Apr 22, 2015
269 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Darshan7 wrote: I'm not getting anything on my email after submitting the details...
DeltaSingh wrote: Me neither, been over an hour
Mine did not go to the email entered. Instead, got a message in my LinkedIn account about a free month of LinkedIn Learning.
Hope this helps.
Sep 9, 2015
278 posts
177 upvotes
GTA
Just received the email, a day after!

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 9.32.24 AM.png[/attachment]
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 9.32.24 AM.png
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1834 posts
1252 upvotes
GTA
how long does this free linkedin learning good for? is it for lifetime? also have one from seneca and one from the public library too. the problem with the public library is that it doesnt get linked to your main linkedin account, so if you want to share / make a post on what courses you have completed it wont show on your main linkedin profile.

i've used their courses to prepare myself for IT certifications and its good.
Last edited by ryanrudolf on Aug 24th, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1294 posts
1308 upvotes
This was called Lynda.com but I guess LinkedIn bought them. Still free with many public library membership.
I've only done a couple of programming courses, they are very good and easy to follow.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5792 posts
2089 upvotes
Kanata

Companies / Government are free to hire youth through youth programs funded by tax payers, doesn't mean it (especially digital learning) should be limited to just youth. Plenty of adults are underemployed, unemployed.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.