• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2020 9:34 am
[OP]
May 16, 2010
311 posts
5 upvotes
Markham, ON

Linkedin problem

I used my personal email address to register to Linkedin long time ago. Recently I tried to login and it told me that my account is restricted and it needs to verify. I dont know why Linkedin is flagging my account as restricted so I went to next page to verify and there it was asking me for documents (Passport/SIN/Driver License) which I am not comfortable sharing with Linkedin.

So what is the solution? Is it possible to remove my email address from Linkedin and then register again? Why Linkedin is even asking for such personal things, thats a huge security risk.
6 replies
Nov 6, 2014
478 posts
736 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Linkedin got comprimised a while back and you may have been in the pool of accounts that got hacked. Your account may have been tried to be logged in and denied because of it. To protect/confirm your identity you'll need to go through the process. If not, then create a new account with another email?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5857 posts
1251 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If it its ur gmail, use the dot trick. Google 'gmail dot trick'
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19006 posts
3661 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Aren't there websites that you can use to generate images of 'novelty' ID cards and stuff?

Considering LinkedIn's history of security lapses, I'd never give them my real info.

I personally have multiple LinkedIn accounts. It's good to have a decoy account to use when you don't want your real name to show up on histories and stuff.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3012 posts
1798 upvotes
I definitely wouldn't provide that information - they have no business asking either. If your account was indeed compromised that's not the way to handle situation and it shouldn't create a headache for you. I would suggest contacting their support instead.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5481 posts
695 upvotes
Calgary
So, Linkedin compromised your security information, therefore, they want more of your secure information. That makes sense......

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)