• Dec 14th, 2022 10:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6416 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
daberg wrote: Does fortinos accept amex?
Unfortunately, all Loblaws supermarkets don't accept Amex. However, Loblaws owns SDM and they accept Amex :)
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2014
1020 posts
1206 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: do any of the chinese groceries stores take amex in gta? ie, freshland, fusion, skyland, bestco, TnT, etc, tia
First Choice Supermarket on Kennedy near 14th sometimes accepts AMEX depending on the terminal. I've had success and failures at the supermarket. T&T being Loblaws owned will never take AMEX.

The new FreshWay Foodmart at First Markham Place takes AMEX.

Pretty much for the most part, don't expect most Chinese supermarkets take AMEX, AMEX acceptance for Chinese supermarkets are the exceptions rather than the rule. Chains like Ranch Fresh, Field Fresh, Farm Fresh, and Foody don't take AMEX.

EDIT: I see you asked for BestCo as well, BestCo doesn't take AMEX.
Last edited by deltatux on Jun 23rd, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3176 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
deltatux wrote: First Choice Supermarket on Kennedy near 14th sometimes accepts AMEX depending on the terminal. I've had success and failures at the supermarket. T&T being Loblaws owned will never take AMEX.

The new FreshWay Foodmart at First Markham Place takes AMEX.

Pretty much for the most part, don't expect most Chinese supermarkets take AMEX, AMEX acceptance for Chinese supermarkets are the exceptions rather than the rule. Chains like Ranch Fresh, Field Fresh, Farm Fresh, and Foody don't take AMEX.
Getting a lot of Chinese restaurants or chains to take credit cards instead of just Allipay in the first place is difficult enough, it's not surprising that they don't take AMEX for the most part.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2014
1020 posts
1206 upvotes
jacnel wrote: Getting a lot of Chinese restaurants or chains to take credit cards instead of just Allipay in the first place is difficult enough, it's not surprising that they don't take AMEX for the most part.
Ya, I heard that taking WePay & AliPay is cheaper for them than credit cards. However, a lot still do, just not AMEX. Some smaller restaurants are cash, debit or Ali/WePay.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4783 posts
1328 upvotes
Richmond
Poutinesauce wrote: I think it's because IGA is a network of independent grocers who might be apprehensive to anything that might raise their fees. Also Amex use in Quebec is very low.
They still remember the days of ious by American soldiers way back then
Nov 28, 2020
1 posts
How up to date is the live map? I mean I know it's supposed to be a live map but I'm just hoping it's not super accurate. I did a search for Save-on-Foods in the Chilliwack and it only shows Save-on-Foods 26km away from the area. This happened when searching for other businesses that do take Amex. Can specific stores from a chain choose not to take Amex? I moved to Chilliwack and if the map is even remotely accurate that is not a good sign.
Dec 29, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know if the LCBO counts in the "food and drink" category? I could easily stock up!
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1947 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
ParthD51837 wrote: Does anyone know if the LCBO counts in the "food and drink" category? I could easily stock up!
If not it's time to stop at a grocery store and get some gift cards ;)

Anyways i was just wondering if anyone had recent confirmation that 7-11 was still considered food/drink/grocery
Also does anyone know where Shoppers drug mart falls usually?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
jedijome wrote: If not it's time to stop at a grocery store and get some gift cards ;)

Anyways i was just wondering if anyone had recent confirmation that 7-11 was still considered food/drink/grocery
Also does anyone know where Shoppers drug mart falls usually?
standalone 7-11 codes as groceries for the amex cobalt and possibly the scotia gold amex(not 100%sure)
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1947 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: standalone 7-11 codes as groceries for the amex cobalt and possibly the scotia gold amex(not 100%sure)
What about something like an Amex Reserve ;)
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
jedijome wrote: What about something like an Amex Reserve ;)
don't have that card, the AF is a killer to me! i might get that regular AP card tho for the 75k aps
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to reload their Wendy's digital wallet with Amex recently? The last time I was able to do it was in September. I tried last month and again today and got "Service Error" both times
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1941 posts
2357 upvotes
New Brunswick
I just added $10 to mine, and it was successful. Are you trying to add a large amount? I found previously that it didn't like that.
Banking: Alterna Bank (2.25%), Motive Financial (4.1%)
Investing: Qtrade Direct Investing
Spending: Scotia Amex Gold (6 pts/Sobeys, 5 pts/dining, 1 pts/rest), Scene Visa (1 pts)
Mobile: Eastlink 20GB Rollover ($39/mth)
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
joshnet wrote: I just added $10 to mine, and it was successful. Are you trying to add a large amount? I found previously that it didn't like that.
Thank you! I just tried with $25 and it worked. Both times I got the error I had tried to add over $25. So it seems like $25 is the max for one transaction
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1941 posts
2357 upvotes
New Brunswick
Check your account to make sure that they don't post. I tried $50 and the charge went through but was not added to my digital wallet. Wendy's advised me to do a chargeback to get the money back, which I did and Amex was fine with it.
Banking: Alterna Bank (2.25%), Motive Financial (4.1%)
Investing: Qtrade Direct Investing
Spending: Scotia Amex Gold (6 pts/Sobeys, 5 pts/dining, 1 pts/rest), Scene Visa (1 pts)
Mobile: Eastlink 20GB Rollover ($39/mth)
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
joshnet wrote: Check your account to make sure that they don't post. I tried $50 and the charge went through but was not added to my digital wallet. Wendy's advised me to do a chargeback to get the money back, which I did and Amex was fine with it.
Thanks. Last time the charge sat as pending for several days then dropped. I'll keep an eye on this one
Aug 26, 2017
435 posts
534 upvotes
The new FreshCo by Don Mills & Sheppard does not have an AMEX option on their self checkout kiosks.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3176 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
skyra322 wrote: The new FreshCo by Don Mills & Sheppard does not have an AMEX option on their self checkout kiosks.
Does it have a credit option? Sobeys is changing their self checkouts to process all credit cards the same way.
Aug 26, 2017
435 posts
534 upvotes
jacnel wrote: Does it have a credit option? Sobeys is changing their self checkouts to process all credit cards the same way.
You get to select either Visa or MasterCard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)