Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discussion 2020

list of retail store and online store offering early black friday deals now?!?

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2020 10:26 am
[OP]
Member
Oct 22, 2016
227 posts
71 upvotes

list of retail store and online store offering early black friday deals now?!?

looks like bestbuy is already offering black friday deals. Any other places are offering blackfriday deals right now?
14 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
506 posts
509 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
well, the stores knows most of us cannot flock to the states to benefit their black friday deal, there's no incentive to boost sales in advanced anyways.

I saw Dyson Canada on their website, has "Black Friday" price garanteen.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2005
781 posts
247 upvotes
Retailers are generally hurting this year and likely can't do deep discounts. I wouldn't hold my breath for big deals. With wanting to limit store traffic crowds, it has been suggested that it'll be more like "Black November" rather than Black Friday. Haven't seen much, but I'm crossing my fingers for some deals. There have been some deals posted from US retailers, but I haven't seen much from Canadian Retailers.
Member
Apr 10, 2019
345 posts
583 upvotes
Ottawa
to_vento wrote: Retailers are generally hurting this year and likely can't do deep discounts. I wouldn't hold my breath for big deals. With wanting to limit store traffic crowds, it has been suggested that it'll be more like "Black November" rather than Black Friday. Haven't seen much, but I'm crossing my fingers for some deals. There have been some deals posted from US retailers, but I haven't seen much from Canadian Retailers.
I see the opposite being true. Retailers place their orders well ahead of time and are likely sitting on alot of unsold inventory. Most people claim they saved money during covid...these goods pre-ordered by retailers have to go somewhere now.

Anyways the Blockbuster post-post-post boxing day has been triple-heldover doorcrasher sale in February should have decent deals. These retailers are just getting pathetic, or the average person is truly a gullable idiot.
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2005
781 posts
247 upvotes
I've been talking to different retailers and the dynamic is funny. Average goods aren't doing all that well, but luxury goods are flying off the shelves (Louis Vuitton, jewelry, etc). Why? People have been getting this gov't money during COVID, can't go on vacation, people who got married are saving by being forced into smaller events and no honeymoon, so savings are up. People are turning to luxury items to spend the cash on.

I do hope that you are right and we see some decent deals. I've got a short list of items I'm watching and hoping for some kind of discount on them. If not, I don't buy and money safe in my wallet, but would be nice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8945 posts
4248 upvotes
Markham
GrumpyOne1 wrote: I see the opposite being true. Retailers place their orders well ahead of time and are likely sitting on alot of unsold inventory. Most people claim they saved money during covid...these goods pre-ordered by retailers have to go somewhere now.

Anyways the Blockbuster post-post-post boxing day has been triple-heldover doorcrasher sale in February should have decent deals. These retailers are just getting pathetic, or the average person is truly a gullable idiot.
I have my doubts

For some items such as home office stuff like laptop, it's doing well and no need for big discount

For other stuff like clothes, they can cancel the order. Now logistics can support those on demand orders and companies have more than half a year to adjust

And a lot people saved a lot money because lockdown, so you are richer than you think , more likely you want to buy something in Black Friday or Boxing Day regardless
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2082 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
Pandora - instore and online
Image
Newbie
Mar 7, 2004
79 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
The only deep deals you’re gonna find these days are going out of business liquidations. The retail apocalypse is just getting started.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
1169 posts
1046 upvotes
Vancouver
Tons of people have saved money by not eating out, not buying coffee every day, not getting haircuts, etc. Not to mention cancelling vacations and travel... I think people are willing to buy some stuff
Sr. Member
Aug 14, 2015
918 posts
575 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
sunnysidesolutions wrote: Tons of people have saved money by not eating out, not buying coffee every day, not getting haircuts, etc. Not to mention cancelling vacations and travel... I think people are willing to buy some stuff
And not working too
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5033 posts
1403 upvotes
Toronto
BertL67369 wrote: well, the stores knows most of us cannot flock to the states to benefit their black friday deal, there's no incentive to boost sales in advanced anyways.

I saw Dyson Canada on their website, has "Black Friday" price garanteen.
"Black Friday price guarantee" to me is just saying there isn't any deal for black Friday.
Have a few home electronics I want to buy too so will see.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4331 posts
727 upvotes
Edmonton
It would be nice to delete all the discussion and have a thread solely for stores and sales like the title says or make a new thread and rename this one the never ending master debate.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.

Top